Crimson Trail

Crimson Trail is a 3.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Logan, Utah that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

The hike goes up along the China Wall and has a great view of the Wind Cave and Second Dam. You can start at one campground, go up along the Crimson Trail and then back through the Riverside Trail to return to the starting campground. If you do the full loop it will be ~6 Miles.

This trail is so beautiful I had to run it 2 days in a row while I was in Logan. Pretty steep ascent and descent with switchbacks but the middle portion is winding with great views the whole way. Definitely recommend especially as sunset

Amazing view & A must try

Actually I start from the harder part that took the right side route(some people I met later were all start from the left route(riverside) Good thing about to start like this I should say is, you’ll meet the most beautiful view when you still in great shape also the wind blowing won’t be too crazy, that benefits photo taking.
Don’t feel that hard but some angles are really not so easy and poles are recommended to beginners.
Strongly recommended hike without pets due to the harder part what I start with is pretty narrow for even one person to pass.

very nice hike. a bit rough for little kids, but very nice, and fairly wooded. so close to town, and saw no rattlesnakes.

A good work out.

If you've only hiked the wind caves and not crimson yet, you need to remedy that. It is a great trail and takes from exposed rocks to huge trees and back again. It is a cool feeling running right next to the shelf.

When we first started out I wasn't so sure we picked the best trail. Yet I was proved wrong! Walking along the cliffs was so beautiful especially with the leaves beginning to change colors. Definitely recommend hiking within the next couple of months.

One of my favorites. Great morning hike. The rattlesnake I saw was good at letting me know he was there and we both quickly took off.

The trail was fairly steep going up and down. I would definitely recommend hiking poles for going down the switchbacks. We also ran into 2 rattle snakes so would recommend being cautious. I was in a large group (22) so the snakes did not bother us. Just back up slowly if you encounter one and let it move on it's own do not provoke them.