Crimson Trail

Crimson Trail is a 4.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Logan, Utah that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

The hike goes up along the China Wall and has a great view of the Wind Cave and Second Dam. You can start at one campground, go up along the Crimson Trail and then back through the Riverside Trail to return to the starting campground. If you do the full loop it will be ~6 Miles.

I always seemed to hike crimson on hot days in the heat of the day, but I went at sunrise today and loved it. The switch backs will get ya, but after it's smooth sailing and some of the best views of the canyon. Truly beautiful trail.
Be careful with dogs on leashes - I've seen multiple rattlesnakes and elk here in the last couple years and they have bear signs up at the trailhead.

Great trail. Very steep from the Guinavah camp ground though. Would recommend taking it from the spring hollow campground - it is a much smaller grade. The views were amazing once at the top. At multiple points you can see up and down the canyon. You can also look across and see the wind cave (another very popular hike in Logan canyon).

Beautiful views! A little scary for those afraid of heights

Did this hike with my wife, kids, and puppy today. 5 year old did full loop by herself. Great local hike and easy to get to. Pretty busy hike and you never really get away from the traffic of the canyon.

Breathtaking

Pretty damn good trail. If you live in Logan this should be on your list.

One of my absolute favorite hikes in Logan Canyon! As has been said, the beginning mile and last mile are both steep switchbacks. However, the middle of the hike is fairly level with gorgeous views, no matter the season. Whether you’re trail running, snowshoeing, or walking, this trail is a fun challenge for everyone!

My husband and I hiked this trail on April 28, 2018. The difficulty of this trail made it seem longer than 5 miles. The steepness going up was tough but manageable; the steepness going down bordered on miserable. There were multiple times that my body was forced into running down stretches of trail, hoping for it to level off or for some natural barrier to stop me. Hiking poles would've been helpful.

That being said, the valley views are very beautiful and they become more and more impressive the higher you hike. And it was fun to complete the hike walking along the river.

This trail is so beautiful I had to run it 2 days in a row while I was in Logan. Pretty steep ascent and descent with switchbacks but the middle portion is winding with great views the whole way. Definitely recommend especially as sunset

Amazing view & A must try

Actually I start from the harder part that took the right side route(some people I met later were all start from the left route(riverside) Good thing about to start like this I should say is, you’ll meet the most beautiful view when you still in great shape also the wind blowing won’t be too crazy, that benefits photo taking.
Don’t feel that hard but some angles are really not so easy and poles are recommended to beginners.
Strongly recommended hike without pets due to the harder part what I start with is pretty narrow for even one person to pass.

very nice hike. a bit rough for little kids, but very nice, and fairly wooded. so close to town, and saw no rattlesnakes.

A good work out.

If you've only hiked the wind caves and not crimson yet, you need to remedy that. It is a great trail and takes from exposed rocks to huge trees and back again. It is a cool feeling running right next to the shelf.

When we first started out I wasn't so sure we picked the best trail. Yet I was proved wrong! Walking along the cliffs was so beautiful especially with the leaves beginning to change colors. Definitely recommend hiking within the next couple of months.

One of my favorites. Great morning hike. The rattlesnake I saw was good at letting me know he was there and we both quickly took off.

The trail was fairly steep going up and down. I would definitely recommend hiking poles for going down the switchbacks. We also ran into 2 rattle snakes so would recommend being cautious. I was in a large group (22) so the snakes did not bother us. Just back up slowly if you encounter one and let it move on it's own do not provoke them.

Really pretty loop. There's no clear destination point if you're into that. Being up there on the ridge is amazing though. I recommend starting on the south end of the loop. The north end is way more steep. Be sure to keep your eyes peeled for the wind caves on the other side of the canyon. Not too heavily trafficked.

I did it a few years ago, not knowing it was rated difficult and having no hiking experience. I did struggle at some point, but my friends helped me out and I survived. I guess I would say don't be discouraged by the difficulty. Beautiful view. China wall is cool and the trail is really nice. Will have to do again next time I'm in the area.

Sunday, June 04, 2017

It's hard and it is not 4 miles. My tracker had me closer to 7 miles mainly because of all of the switchbacks. It's a ton of fun. The part that makes it hard is the steep decline. With a lot of loose rocks it's easy to slide. I found myself on my butt more times then I am willing to admit. Also there is a certain section of path that is flooded. It's not that big of a deal but I thought for a second at the very end there was no more path. :)

Monday, May 29, 2017

View is amazing

Friday, May 26, 2017

Great view of Logan canyon!

Monday, May 22, 2017

One of my favorite hikes!

Saturday, May 13, 2017

Great Hike! However in early spring watch for flooding that makes the trail near the river impossible to hike without treading water for 20+ feet.

Friday, April 28, 2017

It is hard to beat a trail that has so much to offer. Steep, exposed, and your hard work pays off at the top with beautiful views of Logan Canyon. This trail is a long time favorite for sure.

Monday, February 27, 2017

Great little hike, my boy and I loved it. We hiked it in early October and there were only a few others on the trail. Will do it again.

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Beautiful views of the canyon!! I really liked it and I highly recommend it!

Sunday, September 25, 2016

I won't lie, it kinda freaked me out being that close to the edge. :) Still really neat and beautiful views. Went the regular way, but I think I'd prefer to do it from the nature walk then go up. A little rough on the knees coming down and I typically never have issues.

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

This is my new favorite hike in Logan! You park for the campgrounds and walk up the road. The first mile is straight incline and will make you breath hard, but it is so worth the view!! Multiple resting points to look over the canyon, and take pictures! You can see the wind caves from this hike! The descent is very steep as well but you walk by and through the river and nature walk!! So many fun views!! I'm absolutely doing it again!!

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Fun hike with the sun setting.