Crimson Trail

Crimson Trail is a 4.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Logan, Utah that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

The hike goes up along the China Wall and has a great view of the Wind Cave and Second Dam. You can start at one campground, go up along the Crimson Trail and then back through the Riverside Trail to return to the starting campground. If you do the full loop it will be ~6 Miles.

This trail is so beautiful I had to run it 2 days in a row while I was in Logan. Pretty steep ascent and descent with switchbacks but the middle portion is winding with great views the whole way. Definitely recommend especially as sunset

Amazing view & A must try

Actually I start from the harder part that took the right side route(some people I met later were all start from the left route(riverside) Good thing about to start like this I should say is, you’ll meet the most beautiful view when you still in great shape also the wind blowing won’t be too crazy, that benefits photo taking.
Don’t feel that hard but some angles are really not so easy and poles are recommended to beginners.
Strongly recommended hike without pets due to the harder part what I start with is pretty narrow for even one person to pass.

very nice hike. a bit rough for little kids, but very nice, and fairly wooded. so close to town, and saw no rattlesnakes.

A good work out.

If you've only hiked the wind caves and not crimson yet, you need to remedy that. It is a great trail and takes from exposed rocks to huge trees and back again. It is a cool feeling running right next to the shelf.

When we first started out I wasn't so sure we picked the best trail. Yet I was proved wrong! Walking along the cliffs was so beautiful especially with the leaves beginning to change colors. Definitely recommend hiking within the next couple of months.

One of my favorites. Great morning hike. The rattlesnake I saw was good at letting me know he was there and we both quickly took off.

The trail was fairly steep going up and down. I would definitely recommend hiking poles for going down the switchbacks. We also ran into 2 rattle snakes so would recommend being cautious. I was in a large group (22) so the snakes did not bother us. Just back up slowly if you encounter one and let it move on it's own do not provoke them.

Really pretty loop. There's no clear destination point if you're into that. Being up there on the ridge is amazing though. I recommend starting on the south end of the loop. The north end is way more steep. Be sure to keep your eyes peeled for the wind caves on the other side of the canyon. Not too heavily trafficked.

I did it a few years ago, not knowing it was rated difficult and having no hiking experience. I did struggle at some point, but my friends helped me out and I survived. I guess I would say don't be discouraged by the difficulty. Beautiful view. China wall is cool and the trail is really nice. Will have to do again next time I'm in the area.

It's hard and it is not 4 miles. My tracker had me closer to 7 miles mainly because of all of the switchbacks. It's a ton of fun. The part that makes it hard is the steep decline. With a lot of loose rocks it's easy to slide. I found myself on my butt more times then I am willing to admit. Also there is a certain section of path that is flooded. It's not that big of a deal but I thought for a second at the very end there was no more path. :)

View is amazing

Great view of Logan canyon!

One of my favorite hikes!

Great Hike! However in early spring watch for flooding that makes the trail near the river impossible to hike without treading water for 20+ feet.

It is hard to beat a trail that has so much to offer. Steep, exposed, and your hard work pays off at the top with beautiful views of Logan Canyon. This trail is a long time favorite for sure.

Monday, February 27, 2017

Great little hike, my boy and I loved it. We hiked it in early October and there were only a few others on the trail. Will do it again.

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Beautiful views of the canyon!! I really liked it and I highly recommend it!

Sunday, September 25, 2016

I won't lie, it kinda freaked me out being that close to the edge. :) Still really neat and beautiful views. Went the regular way, but I think I'd prefer to do it from the nature walk then go up. A little rough on the knees coming down and I typically never have issues.

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

This is my new favorite hike in Logan! You park for the campgrounds and walk up the road. The first mile is straight incline and will make you breath hard, but it is so worth the view!! Multiple resting points to look over the canyon, and take pictures! You can see the wind caves from this hike! The descent is very steep as well but you walk by and through the river and nature walk!! So many fun views!! I'm absolutely doing it again!!

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Fun hike with the sun setting.

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Great trail, steep at first but flattens out for most of the time. Pretty easy honestly.

Monday, August 01, 2016

This is definitely a trail to take just as the sun is coming up or else you may get hot on the quick ascent at the beginning of the hike. It is a beautiful trail, though, and you can see the wind caves across the way.

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Challenging hike at the beginning. We went up from the Guinivah side and were told we took the harder ascent up. Beautiful views and very cool to walk along the China Wall. Did the entire loop and we were spent when we were finished.

Tuesday, July 05, 2016

Good moderate trail with some shade for half the trail. Great views, and we found lots of free climbing

Friday, June 17, 2016

Great trail and easy to access from Logan. Walking along the China Wall is pretty cool with great views. Good variety with a nice walk along the Logan River as well.

Friday, April 08, 2016

I loved this hike! Absolutely beautiful! even though it was hard to find, plan on doing this hike a lot

Sunday, March 06, 2016

This can be done as a loop trip but for my route it was just a out and back. The trail starts at the Spring Hollow Campground, follow the road to the end and the Crimson trail starts there. The trail will climb up above the China Wall, It follows along the top of the China Wall, then descends and follows the Riverside Nature Trail back to Spring Hollow if you follow the Loop Trip.
The views are exceptional; you can see Cache Valley to the west and directly across Logan Canyon are the Wind Caves, another great way to view them. Are trail took us out to a point where we enjoyed a lunch on the cliffs.