Crimson Trail

Crimson Trail is a 3.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Logan, Utah that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

The hike goes up along the China Wall and has a great view of the Wind Cave and Second Dam. You can start at one campground, go up along the Crimson Trail and then back through the Riverside Trail to return to the starting campground. If you do the full loop it will be ~6 Miles.

I did it a few years ago, not knowing it was rated difficult and having no hiking experience. I did struggle at some point, but my friends helped me out and I survived. I guess I would say don't be discouraged by the difficulty. Beautiful view. China wall is cool and the trail is really nice. Will have to do again next time I'm in the area.

It's hard and it is not 4 miles. My tracker had me closer to 7 miles mainly because of all of the switchbacks. It's a ton of fun. The part that makes it hard is the steep decline. With a lot of loose rocks it's easy to slide. I found myself on my butt more times then I am willing to admit. Also there is a certain section of path that is flooded. It's not that big of a deal but I thought for a second at the very end there was no more path. :)

View is amazing

Great view of Logan canyon!

One of my favorite hikes!

Great Hike! However in early spring watch for flooding that makes the trail near the river impossible to hike without treading water for 20+ feet.

It is hard to beat a trail that has so much to offer. Steep, exposed, and your hard work pays off at the top with beautiful views of Logan Canyon. This trail is a long time favorite for sure.