Crescent Lake Trail is a 4.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Lewiston, Utah that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Length4.6 miElevation gain1,220 ftRoute typeOut & back
Dogs on leashHikingNature tripsWalkingBird watchingForestLakeViewsWildflowers
Waypoints (0)
Photos (4)
Activities (7)
Completed (10)
Yalemi M
Yellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJuly 4, 2020
HikingOff trailOver grownScramble

I do not recommend this hike. The trail after the turnoff from steep canyon was nonexistent. We scrambled our way there and the reward was not incredibly impressive. Scrambled our way back down and eventually found a trail that lead out an easier way back to steep canyon.

View Yalemi's activity
Rachael Woody
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJuly 3, 2020
Off trailOver grownScramble

There is no trail where you are supposed to step off the Steep Canyon road. An easier way to get there is to go past where your app says to turn off maybe 1/4 mile or less. There is a well defined trail on your right. follow it a little ways to a little creek crossing in the road. there will be a little pond on your right. follow the creek up the hill. when you get to its source, keep going to the top of the hill. When you reach the top, crescent lake is just over the next hill. It's beautiful and you might even see a moose.

Brayden Crawford
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJune 30, 2020
Hiking

I went into the woods alone on a beautiful cold rainy day in June. After walking the the "steep canyon" road, I ascended the glorious river of cow shit trail. I weed wacked among the flooded, snow filled, animal trails up the mountain until I reached the gorgeous lake! I imagine it's mostly runoff that fills the lake so earlier in the summer the better.

View Brayden's activity
Donald Woody
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJune 26, 2020
Hiking

5 things to know before you hike this trail. 1. There is no TRAIL! 2. There is no TRAIL!!! 3. Use your downloaded trail app and GPS you will be fine. 4. It is a beautiful hike and you might see a very large Porcupine I named George. 5. Don't be fooled by the small pond that you find a few hundred yards before the lake.

View Donald's activity
Steve Kirkham
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJune 15, 2018

This hike was 6.25 miles and took us about 4 hours to complete. The route we took was 1250’ in elevation. I agree with other reviews. The hike would have been better if there was a clearer route to take. The all trails route was tough and required a lot of bushwhacking in the general direction of the lake. The lake was beautiful. If I knew the trail would have taken so long, we would have brought lunch and more water. This would have made it so we could have stayed at the lake longer when we got there. We had kids down to 3 yrs old with us, but I would not recommend it. They were on our shoulders most of the hike.

Kim Matschull
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarMay 21, 2018
First to Review

Poorly marked trail...we never did find the lake. But it was beautiful just wandering around on different trails.

Rebecca Berger
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarMay 31, 2020
View Rebecca 's activity
Eliza Mauk
Yellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarAugust 17, 2017
View Eliza's activity