Coyote Gulch and Hurricane Wash Loop Trail

Coyote Gulch and Hurricane Wash Loop Trail is a 10.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Escalante, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until September.

Don't go here. Worst hike ever! ; )

Just did this trip last week. To me,there is no better trip than to the deserts of southern Utah. This trip was amazing in all aspects. There were some technical areas, Narrows, and amazing hikes through the bottom of the canyon. I can’t say enough about all the arches that we saw and the beautiful painted rocks and cliffside’s. Everywhere you turn is a beautiful vista. Utah has it all!!

This is a lovely trail that features vertical stone walls in either side, an arch, and a pretty waterfall. I found it very nice indeed.

entered and left at jacob hamlin arch - had to get a boost out and a lift up at the same time. good thing other people were there. if I was to do it again, I'd be sure to take 120 feet of decent climbing rope, something that wouldn't rip the skin off my hands if I slipped, tie it on the way down and use it to get out. the hamblin way in is STEEP

the rope was still there last week so i did coyote gulch in and out of the jacob hamblin route. ;) beautiful! would love to go back and camp there.

We started with the very steep part at the beginning to go down and we gave up. We were not prepared enough, they where a lot of people going up with no way to see where we were going, we should have started the other way around. We regret it, it looks beautiful from the top, we will go back!

Loved the beauty and the hiking, I look forward to hiking it again!

wonderful hike

It's so beautiful here, we entered through the crack and climbed out of the VERY STEEP part towards the end, Somebody left some rope there and it was still in good shape a month ago, but there is no way of knowing until you climb up it, wether or not it's starting to fray... Other then that, we saw deer, arches, and everything beautiful Utah has to offer :)