Coyote Gulch and Hurricane Wash Loop Trail

Coyote Gulch and Hurricane Wash Loop Trail is a 10.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Escalante, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until September.

This is a lovely trail that features vertical stone walls in either side, an arch, and a pretty waterfall. I found it very nice indeed.

entered and left at jacob hamlin arch - had to get a boost out and a lift up at the same time. good thing other people were there. if I was to do it again, I'd be sure to take 120 feet of decent climbing rope, something that wouldn't rip the skin off my hands if I slipped, tie it on the way down and use it to get out. the hamblin way in is STEEP

the rope was still there last week so i did coyote gulch in and out of the jacob hamblin route. ;) beautiful! would love to go back and camp there.

We started with the very steep part at the beginning to go down and we gave up. We were not prepared enough, they where a lot of people going up with no way to see where we were going, we should have started the other way around. We regret it, it looks beautiful from the top, we will go back!

Loved the beauty and the hiking, I look forward to hiking it again!

wonderful hike

It's so beautiful here, we entered through the crack and climbed out of the VERY STEEP part towards the end, Somebody left some rope there and it was still in good shape a month ago, but there is no way of knowing until you climb up it, wether or not it's starting to fray... Other then that, we saw deer, arches, and everything beautiful Utah has to offer :)

Be sure to carry water shoes/sandals so you can explore the bottom a bit more easily than I did! An absolutely breathtaking experience. Would go again in a heartbeat.

Thursday, June 23, 2016

I loved this hike/camp it was amazing. I would totally do it again. I recommend stopping at the black lagoon, it is amazing and nice to swim in.

Monday, June 20, 2016

I am also a Scoutmaster and my ASM and I just took five scouts (12-13 yr olds) on this route from Crack in the Wall to Jacob Hamblin Arch. We did it in 8.5 hours with only day packs for food and water. Everyone had a great time exploring this canyon with no incident nor injury, no blisters nor chaffing. The only hard part was after we climbed out and had to cross the desert back to the car. By then, the group was tired, hot and ready to be done but we will definitely do this again! Read more about our experience at http://blog.myscoutstuff.org/2016/06/exploring-coyote-gulch-with-scouts/

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Amazing. Went from Jacob Hamlin to Crack in wall.

Monday, May 16, 2016