Courthouse Wash

Courthouse Wash is a 10.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Moab, Utah that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and nature trips and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 10.8 miles Elevation Gain: 449 feet Route Type: Out & Back

historic site

Beautiful canyon- BUT I don’t recommend starting from the Arches side of the trail. It was not cleared and at spots the trail would disappear. We got lost quite a few times and ended up hiking a lot longer than what the map suggests. I think the hike would go a lot better starting from Moab and going up as the trail is better defined from there. I think this would be a 4-star hike if we had started from the Moab end.

Friday, August 31, 2018

The courthouse Trail I did is the one that is designated for backpacking. 2.5 miles to an amazing natural Amphitheater location. My first-ever backpacking trip and most amazing view. Even though it was hot (92° Mid-July) I decided to do the trail. Took plenty of water but the rock I camped on is rather warm throughout the night. a tent isn't necessary if it's not raining.

Thursday, June 14, 2018

rate low only because it's closed to mountain biking

Thursday, March 16, 2017

good hike, it's easy to get off of the main trail and accidentally take a spur though

Saturday, April 21, 2018