Corona and Bowtie Arch Trail

Corona and Bowtie Arch Trail is a 2.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Moab, Utah that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Corona Arch is a partly freestanding arch with a 140-foot by 105-foot opening. The route is a 1 1/2 mile hike up Bootlegger Canyon. The arch is located in a striking slickrock setting. Bowtie Arch is adjacent to Corona Arch.

55 minutes ago

Watching the sunset here was magical. Very few people in the evening which was surprising. Seeing all the stars at night and hiking back was amazing. We even got a glimpse of the Milky Way

Go at sunset and watch the sunset with the Corona Arch right in front of you!

great hike, just don't do in the heat of the day. please note, no shade and not advisable for dogs in the heat. rock gets very hot. enjoy

great hike

A must do hike. We didn’t realize the green splotches on the ground were there to guide us so we did a lot of extra hiking. We went at 4:00 pm the last day of July so it was pretty hot and miserable until we made it to the other side of the mountain where you can view the arch from. Even in the terrible heat all four of our young kids were able to make it. They really enjoyed pulling themselves up the ladder and rope areas.

What an incredible hike! I did it alone after consulting with some Utah friends. Right when you think you might be lost, there are green paint splotches on the rocks guiding you all the way to the Arch. Start early as there is no shade. Also wear good hiking shoes. So worth it!

Follow the green dot road! (Sung to the tune in wizard of oz!) bring lots of water if hiking mid day. Fun hike.

Easy to do! we did it with a baby, and it was perfect. Great early morning or evening hike.

The views are gorgeous on this hike. seeing Corona Arch for the first time was breathtaking. Nice easy hike for most. Might be a little challenging for young kids. There part of the hike you have to scramble for about 15ft. The hike took me about 20 min one way.

This was an utterly amazing hike and so completely worth it! Went early to avoid the heat and didn’t really see that many people. Beautiful views, challenging hike - loved it!

Loved this hike did it at night and had our campsite set up already so just walked across the road from parking and smoked some cigars under the stars...

My boys loved this trail.

Fun quick hike that ends with 2 awesome arches. Well marked and maintained trail to help get to the end destination.

A great short hike just outside of Moab, UT. Appropriate for children and dogs as well.

Great family hike. Our 5year old and 11year Old both loved this.

Crazy wild ride!! Not a big heights fan. Loved the climb and scramble. A little nervous twice, but we made it and it was awesome!!

Great hike! Two tricky parts for our toddler and dog but it was worth the beautiful views

Great quick hike with exceptional views. The arch is great but hardly the only standout feature. I did it with my pup. She did great but a less agile dog might struggle with the scrambles.

Went Memorial Day weekend with a few friends, it was crowded but well worth the views! Enough to get a little sweat and heart rate up but not too difficult after a late night the day before!

The early bird gets the worm!

Okay, so this trail is very pretty. You come to a spot where you can see Corona Arch across a ravine/canyon. It's pretty close at that point. So from this spot you have to climb up a large rock using a metal rope thing for support. I tried like 3 times but couldn't get my footing. We saw lots of other people doing it without any trouble, and my companion did it as well. But I want to warn people who might not have any experience climbing/scrambling that it can be challenging. So I didn't finish the trail, but it was worth doing anyway.

Not to tiring, amazing views of corona arch. I’d go early because this hike can get busier midday

We did this trail with our 7 month old in the backpack carrier and our husky/golden retriever dog. We loved it, and it was easy enough with baby. Totally worth doing for the arch at the end, it's an amazing sight.

Amazing views. A definite must when visiting Moab.

Short hike. Great views. Some nice ledge spots at the end.

nice short hike with amazing views

Beautiful hike in Moab. Last part to get over to the arches is a steep rock referred to as ‘the ladder’ and was too steep and slick for my dog so we couldn’t go all the way, but the view was still spectacular!

Incredible views!!! First hike after arriving in Moab and I loved every minute! It was surprisingly not too crowded arriving Saturday afternoon, we even got some photos without people in the background. I would do this one again for sure!

Busy trail, but easy and quick to run to arch and back. Amazing views and worth the time and effort to go to the arch.