Corona and Bowtie Arch Trail

Corona and Bowtie Arch Trail is a 2.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Moab, Utah that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Corona Arch is a partly freestanding arch with a 140-foot by 105-foot opening. The route is a 1 1/2 mile hike up Bootlegger Canyon. The arch is located in a striking slickrock setting. Bowtie Arch is adjacent to Corona Arch.

Enjoyable, moderately quick hike. Bow-Tie is nice on it’s own, but Corona is fantastic! Large, picturesque arch. Adjacent rail line adds some extra punch to the hike

This trail was a lot of fun and the first time I’ve hiked on slickrock. There were a few challenging areas for my dogs and unfortunately we weren’t able to make it all the way to the arch due to the steep uphill area near the end. For those hiking this trail with large dogs: I’m not sure who said there’s an easy route for dogs to get up there, but I think that’s being overly optimistic. Still, it’s a really great hike!

This is the first time I have done this in the winter. Some snow at the bottom right now, but the upper parts are clear and I was fine with just hiking shoes. Since the last time I went up to Corona Arch in November, someone has put dark green paint on the rocks to mark the way, which I am sure has pissed some people off. But it's really not any more intrusive than the cairns, and the more people walk on the same path, the less damage to the soil.

Beautiful and breathtaking views!! Definitely steep in one or two areas but you’ll be fine with the right hiking shoes. Our pup did fine on 99% of the trail! Big dogs may need help going up the steep part.

Awesome trail! A little snow on the ground made the view even more gorgeous. We took our large pup who needed some help up a steep incline, but apart from that, he traversed the trail very well and had a great time too!

Beautiful trail. Pretty easy except the steep midsection. Surprisingly, it was easier going down than coming up. My dog was able to navigate it fairly smoothly, in case you’re worried about your pet.

I love this trail, it’s a good mix of easy and moderately challenging approach. Camera a must, peaceful and breathtaking scenic landscape won’t disappoint. One of my favorites.

Amazing hike. It’s a bit difficult at some sections but definitely worth it.

love this hike.

Love this hike! I usually hike Delicate Arch whenever I'm in Moab but this might be a new favorite. This hike is less crowded and has awesome views. It wouldn't be too hard of a hike with kids but there is a ladder and a couple slanted sections that might be a bit of a challenge.

I loved this hike. Not hard at all, spectacular views of the surrounding bluffs, and Corona Arch is huge.

Fairly easy hike, perfect weather

I go up to Corona Arch every time I am in Moab. If you are just going to Corona, it's really only 2 miles roundtrip and it can be done in under an hour, although you are going to want to just hang out and absorb the scenery a bit. Just getting to the trailhead is a beautiful 20 minute drive from downtown Moab, and everywhere you look is spectacular. I thought it would be crazy crowded on a Sunday afternoon, but it there were only a few other groups up at the arch. The first time I went I was kind of intimidated by the second cable and the ladder, but they are actually very easy. I have never been able to find the trail to Bowtie arch.

Great trail with awesome views. The arch is spectacular.
Word of caution for people with dogs. There are two sections near the last quarter of the trail that look daunting for some dogs. One is a steep scramble. It has a wire rope and footholds. Our dogs did it with a little coaxing. It was not hard, just unexpected.
The next is a ladder. Easily passable by going up and around to the left of the ladder. These could be hard for older dogs.

Fun for young children, teens and parents! Easy way to enjoy Moab without the major crowds of the national parks.

No cell service so coordinated well with your groups.

My favorite arch hike.

Very beautiful and amazing

amazing arch!! Not crowded!

I don't know who enjoyed this hike more, me or the dogs! Mostly flat with lots of sun exposure (but opportunities for shade if you lean against the giant sandstone walls), easy to follow trail (look for the cairns). Less crowded than any of the trails in the neighboring National Parks with just as much to gawk at. A link to my full review of the hike is below:

Absolute stunning!! We loved this hike with the amazing arch at the end. Dogs loved it as well, just be careful towards the edge.