Corona and Bowtie Arch Trail

Corona and Bowtie Arch Trail is a 2.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Moab, Utah that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Corona Arch is a partly freestanding arch with a 140-foot by 105-foot opening. The route is a 1 1/2 mile hike up Bootlegger Canyon. The arch is located in a striking slickrock setting. Bowtie Arch is adjacent to Corona Arch.

37 minutes ago

Did this hike on April 23. Beauty day, hot and sunny. Easy in and out. Took an hour and a half round trip that’s including eating some snacks at the arch. Definitely worth it the scenery is amazing!!

One of the best!

Great well marked trail, totally worth the short climbs to get the amazing arches at the end.

Did this hike a year ago and it was amazing! Beautiful view! You can’t beat this beautiful area

Fantastic hike and a great introduction to the Moab area. I always recommend this hike to folks who are unfamiliar with this area as it is extremely easy to find and is a well marked trail. The two arches at the end are just a bonus, the scenery is equally as stunning! Be wary that there is a small ladder and somewhat of a "climbing" scramble at one point, but nothing that should deter a typical hiker. Enjoy!

Did this with a 5-year-old, and he was THRILLED with the two short chained areas and the little ladder. The views are awesome and it was way less crowded than in the park. (We went around 8 AM on a Saturday.) Hike beyond the arch and around the bend for jaw-dropping views.

Love this place

Lots of people but well worth the time.

Wow! What a gorgeous trail to some spectacular arches! The whole family enjoyed it so much. Though some have mentioned it being easy for kids, I think it is rated moderate for good reason. My 11 and 9 year old with special needs found going DOWN the ladder and roped area pretty difficult. We saw quite a few families with several little ones manage it, but it is helpful to have more adult hands to get everyone up and down safely. Lounging under the shadow of Corona was incredible! There are picnic areas next to the Colorado River just up and across from the trailhead parking. Great place to eat lunch after a rewarding hike!

great hike. one of the better arches in the area. The ladder and cable are easy to get up.

This is a great easy to moderate trail. It is only moderate because of a few spots where you have to hold on to a built in cable. This is easy enough to do with kids and absolutely beautiful!!

Pretty views! Awesome place!

I've done this hike 5 or 6 times and it's consistently great, although there are always plenty of other people and their dogs on the trail. The trail is a short scenic drive from downtown Moab, and the hike itself is only a mile each way without too much climbing. It's a beautiful place. The first time I did it I was intimidated by the cable and the ladder, but they are actually pretty easy. The trail is well marked with green paint on the rocks and a few cairns, but there are signs that a lot of people and dogs are wandering off the trail and tearing up the fragile soil. Please don't do that.

Amazing. One of my favorite arches in the area!!! Best part is that it’s outside the park so it’s free to hike there.

What an amazing hike! Very easy, short distance and enough variance in terrain we didn’t get bored! We brought our 30lb pup, he absolutely loved it and did great. Just one section with a metal rope, we carried him up. All other sections very do able for a dog to go around. Arches were gorgeous!

Really loved this trail with my husband and doggo. I thought it was challenging enough to be fun and rewarding and I loved the arch as much as delicate arch honestly. There’s one section with a ladder where we had to pick up our pooch and one small climb where you’re holding onto a rope and using footholds, but it’s short and even a cautious creature like me could handle it. Almost no one on this trail!

Enjoyable, moderately quick hike. Bow-Tie is nice on it’s own, but Corona is fantastic! Large, picturesque arch. Adjacent rail line adds some extra punch to the hike

This trail was a lot of fun and the first time I’ve hiked on slickrock. There were a few challenging areas for my dogs and unfortunately we weren’t able to make it all the way to the arch due to the steep uphill area near the end. For those hiking this trail with large dogs: I’m not sure who said there’s an easy route for dogs to get up there, but I think that’s being overly optimistic. Still, it’s a really great hike!

Beautiful and breathtaking views!! Definitely steep in one or two areas but you’ll be fine with the right hiking shoes. Our pup did fine on 99% of the trail! Big dogs may need help going up the steep part.

Awesome trail! A little snow on the ground made the view even more gorgeous. We took our large pup who needed some help up a steep incline, but apart from that, he traversed the trail very well and had a great time too!

Beautiful trail. Pretty easy except the steep midsection. Surprisingly, it was easier going down than coming up. My dog was able to navigate it fairly smoothly, in case you’re worried about your pet.

I love this trail, it’s a good mix of easy and moderately challenging approach. Camera a must, peaceful and breathtaking scenic landscape won’t disappoint. One of my favorites.

Amazing hike. It’s a bit difficult at some sections but definitely worth it.

love this hike.

Love this hike! I usually hike Delicate Arch whenever I'm in Moab but this might be a new favorite. This hike is less crowded and has awesome views. It wouldn't be too hard of a hike with kids but there is a ladder and a couple slanted sections that might be a bit of a challenge.

I loved this hike. Not hard at all, spectacular views of the surrounding bluffs, and Corona Arch is huge.

Fairly easy hike, perfect weather

Great trail with awesome views. The arch is spectacular.
Word of caution for people with dogs. There are two sections near the last quarter of the trail that look daunting for some dogs. One is a steep scramble. It has a wire rope and footholds. Our dogs did it with a little coaxing. It was not hard, just unexpected.
The next is a ladder. Easily passable by going up and around to the left of the ladder. These could be hard for older dogs.

Fun for young children, teens and parents! Easy way to enjoy Moab without the major crowds of the national parks.

No cell service so coordinated well with your groups.

My favorite arch hike.