Corona and Bowtie Arch Trail

Corona and Bowtie Arch Trail is a 2.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Moab, Utah that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Corona Arch is a partly freestanding arch with a 140-foot by 105-foot opening. The route is a 1 1/2 mile hike up Bootlegger Canyon. The arch is located in a striking slickrock setting. Bowtie Arch is adjacent to Corona Arch.

Fabulous hike. I really enjoyed it in the Winter. I did a Google Earth trail while I was here so if you want to check it out virtual like you can see it on my blog www.shaunasadventures.com or in Google Earth. I was grateful for whoever painted the green rectangles on the trail to Mark the path. Brilliant! Made it super easy to follow the trail. Definitely had to watch for ice. Normally I would put my crampons/Spikes on if a trail has ice, but it had more areas with no bare rock that it was easier to detour around the ice. Arches were magnificent! Loved it!

AMAZING! This is much more fun and spectacular than Delicate arch. Quiet trail, awesome views, and the arch is jaw dropping. Exploring around the arch makes your feel like a little kid! DO THIS HIKE! Again, MUCH better, in my opinion, than Delicate Arch.

Beautiful hike. Got very hot even at 9 am in July. But was well worth it.

This trail is wonderful. It’s a little challenging with some mildly steep rock to traverse before you get to a more flat path, but this just adds to the experience in my opinion. Both arches are pristine and Corona Arch is one of my favorite hikes I’ve done so far in Moab, if you’re looking for a place to go during the shutdown this is your hike! It took my group about two hours to complete this with plenty of stops for photos and sitting to enjoy the winter sun - this is definitely not crowded in the winter!

A great hike to see some arches during the shutdown

Great hike with lots to see - 2 Arches and a cool side canyon
Best views of Corona Arch were on the far side looking back
Hike had a short ladder and 2 cables to assist hikers over steeper sections of slick rock
Great for all ages

amazing!!! the views were unreal, the arches are impressive and breathtaking, and the hike was very fun.

not a super challenging hike- even in the snow and slush. crampons helped big time; those rocks are so slippery. slight up hill climb to get to the challenging parts with the ladder and metal rope, then pretty flat till you get to the arches.

maybe this trail is more dog friendly without snow but i’m still not sure how my lab managed to get up past the ladder area and the first initial climb with the metal rope. pretty terrifying to see him climb up and down, but he managed. wouldn’t have tried that had we known just how steep it was!

if you have a truly strong, adventurous, fit dog, or a dog you can carry, go ahead. otherwise, you’ll be turning back before seeing anything really cool.

Magnificent views, was crowded when we went in Jan, but that might have been caused from the closure of Arches due to the Gov shutdown. Easyish hike, first part's the hardest, the. cruise till u see the arch. It has a ladder and a couple of steel cable guided spots to get under the arch.

Very pretty hike. Did it a few days ago and it was snowy and slippery!!! Have traction and watch footing past the first cable and after the cable ladder. Looks a little sketchy there in the ice and cold. Beautiful arches!

This was an easy hike with a beautiful arch at the end. There was one small part that was very steep and we needed to hold onto the cable and one part with a short ladder.
We liked this better than Arches National Park!

We did this wonderful hike on a cold (25-38 degrees) but sunny day. It was all other hikers say— interesting and not too hard with cables and a ladder. Some other hikers we ran into thought it was challenging but worth it. We were very glad to have micro spikes. Others around us with boots or tennis shoes had a very hard time on the slippery rock.
The arch is beautiful; one resident said it was his favorite, even compared to the ones in Arches National Park. Go!

This trail is incredibly scenic the entire way. Part of the trail was more difficult with foot-holes and a rope and steep in some areas. Overall not a difficult route however! Did not take a long time to hike in which was nice.

I was wanting to go to Arches and hike up to delicate arch, but thanks to the government shutdown, I had to change my plans. Thankfully I found this trail that isn’t federally owned. It did not disappoint at all. Magnificent views. The arch was glorious!!

Great views, a few difficult spots for this Florida girl, definitely worth your time!

WOW! I’ve been to Arches/Moab many times but never knew about Corona. Perfect for a short dog-hike. Our old b’aussie needed to be carried up the section with the footholds and the cable but our young golden scrambled on his own. At the ladder they just took the long way round. We didn’t however even try to get on top of the arch. Too skiddy for the pups. Thank you AllTrails!! We wouldn’t have found this without you.

Loved this easy hike. We have a 75 pound husky and he did fine up the steep section right before the ladder. Stay to the left of the ladder with your dog and you can continue on to the arch. The scenery is amazing.

Easy hike with spectacular pay off. Bowtie Arch is impressive, but Corona Arch is amazing! It was a bit busy at the arch, but not crowded.

For an added bonus, visit Pinto Arch as well. It isn't visible from the trail, nor is there any actual trail or trail marker, but it's on AllTrails map. Just be sure to stay on the sandy washes or on the sandstone to avoid disrupting the fragile cryptobiotic soils.

Not many trails outside Arches NP that you can see three arches on one trail.

my dogs loved this trail

Loved this hike! If you can climb a ladder, this is DEFINITELY worth it to check out. Way less crowded than the NPs, and gorgeous views all around.

A quick and short hike. The views of the arches are beautiful, a nice brisk fall day to be out on the trail.

Great trail but it is a little iffy if you have big dogs. We took our golden and he LOVED it. The rock wall you have to climb and the ladder were too much for him and I couldn’t lift all 85 lbs of him up it. The rest in our party made it up fine to see the remaining 1/4 mile and you can still see the arches from the area right before the wire guide climb.

So glad we did it. Met a fellow full-timer on the trail and talked for an hour afterwards as we gazed at the AMAZING amount of stars.

Absolutely worth a visit while you’re in Moab! Not as crowded as Arches NP and you get some great panoramas from various parts of the trail. Enjoy!

great easy hike. if you have a dog there is a ladder and metal cable climb. I would recommend a pack with a handle for the dog as it made it simple to pull her up. I went at 8am and had the trail to myself!

This is an easy trail. A couple climbs using a cable rope and a short ladder but still easy. It’s about 2.5 miles round trip to the arch so wear the right shoes. Very worthwhile.

Trail a little rough to find for a short distance up a wash. Beautiful destination!

Good trail with not much traffic if you go early morning. Couple of spots that may be difficult for those less mobile.

We went at the end of the day so we could catch the sunset through the arch. It was beautiful and most people had left by that time so we felt like we had it to ourselves. Just take a headlamp or flashlight so you can make it back safely. The trail is well marked. Loved this hike!

Beautiful, well marked, lots of children and people of all ages. The Corona is amazing!

Great arches! Very crowded and lots of kids on Saturday, so a little hard to keep a steady pace. Worth the trip though! Takes only an hour, including stops.

Beautiful hike! Hike has views of Colorado River, two arches, desert & train tracks. The hike is short and sweet, but does have an area of steep rock with a ladder. If afraid of heights or unable to climb well, may not be trail for you! The top is beautiful though and I highly recommend if physically capable. Bring lots of water! Doggos everywhere and lots of places to sit around arch.