Corona and Bowtie Arch Trail

Corona and Bowtie Arch Trail is a 2.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Moab, Utah that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Corona Arch is a partly freestanding arch with a 140-foot by 105-foot opening. The route is a 1 1/2 mile hike up Bootlegger Canyon. The arch is located in a striking slickrock setting. Bowtie Arch is adjacent to Corona Arch.

Beautiful trail. Pretty easy - except for one very steep part. Surprisingly, it was easier going down than coming up. My dog was able to navigate it fairly smoothly, in case you’re worried about your pet.

I love this trail, it’s a good mix of easy and moderately challenging approach. Camera a must, peaceful and breathtaking scenic landscape won’t disappoint. One of my favorites.

Amazing hike. It’s a bit difficult at some sections but definitely worth it.

love this hike.

Love this hike! I usually hike Delicate Arch whenever I'm in Moab but this might be a new favorite. This hike is less crowded and has awesome views. It wouldn't be too hard of a hike with kids but there is a ladder and a couple slanted sections that might be a bit of a challenge.

I loved this hike. Not hard at all, spectacular views of the surrounding bluffs, and Corona Arch is huge.

Fairly easy hike, perfect weather

I go up to Corona Arch every time I am in Moab. If you are just going to Corona, it's really only 2 miles roundtrip and it can be done in under an hour, although you are going to want to just hang out absorb the scenery a bit. Just getting to the trailhead is a beautiful 20 minute drive from downtown Moab, and everywhere you look is spectacular. I thought it would be crazy crowded on a Sunday afternoon, but it there were only a few other groups up at the arch. The first time I went I was kind of intimidated by the second cable and the ladder, but they are actually very easy. I have never been able to find the trail to Bowtie arch.

Great trail with awesome views. The arch is spectacular.
Word of caution for people with dogs. There are two sections near the last quarter of the trail that look daunting for some dogs. One is a steep scramble. It has a wire rope and footholds. Our dogs did it with a little coaxing. It was not hard, just unexpected.
The next is a ladder. Easily passable by going up and around to the left of the ladder. These could be hard for older dogs.

Fun for young children, teens and parents! Easy way to enjoy Moab without the major crowds of the national parks.

No cell service so coordinated well with your groups.