City Creek Canyon

City Creek Canyon is a 5.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from January until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Trail is closed right now because of wildfires

You can see wild life if you pay attention. fun place and lots of shade.

Paul Swenson is Missing. Please help us. Call police at 801.763.3020. Red hair, 6'0" tall. See the picture posted for full view of who he is. Or call 801.330.5772

This was a very beautiful train almost the entire way. We were only able to do 4.5 miles. I recommend this to everyone.

I've done the hike from the gate to the top a bunch of times. It's so close and convenient to the city.
It can be done all on the road. I prefer to take the trail on the left at about the first picnic spot. It continues to just short of the water treatment plant and then you have to take the road the rest of the way. Lots of shade with a few exposed stretches.
When I did it today (7/4) there was no water above the 12th picnic spot so fill up and take plenty.
There is lots of wildlife all up and down the canyon. Today I saw a turkey and a garter snake and a world of butterflies. I've seen coyotes, deer ,elk lots or birds, a bobcat and much more.
I'm 71 and can do the round trip in 31/2 hrs hiking time and just under 4hr total. . If I can do it you can too. I think you'll really enjoy it.