City Creek Canyon

City Creek Canyon is a 5.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from January until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

great climb with easy access from downtown

Beautiful scenery, but can be a narrow path so careful with your kiddos.

Great trail, a few miles uphill & then connects to the BST where you can hike on for a few miles at relatively level elevation.

Trail is closed right now because of wildfires

You can see wild life if you pay attention. fun place and lots of shade.

Paul Swenson is Missing. Please help us. Call police at 801.763.3020. Red hair, 6'0" tall. See the picture posted for full view of who he is. Or call 801.330.5772

This was a very beautiful train almost the entire way. We were only able to do 4.5 miles. I recommend this to everyone.

I've done the hike from the gate to the top a bunch of times. It's so close and convenient to the city.
It can be done all on the road. I prefer to take the trail on the left at about the first picnic spot. It continues to just short of the water treatment plant and then you have to take the road the rest of the way. Lots of shade with a few exposed stretches.
When I did it today (7/4) there was no water above the 12th picnic spot so fill up and take plenty.
There is lots of wildlife all up and down the canyon. Today I saw a turkey and a garter snake and a world of butterflies. I've seen coyotes, deer ,elk lots or birds, a bobcat and much more.
I'm 71 and can do the round trip in 31/2 hrs hiking time and just under 4hr total. . If I can do it you can too. I think you'll really enjoy it.

Nice spot for a variety of sports, very accessible. I run here occasionally.

So fun! It was perfect for my kids since the road is very gradual and more than half shaded in the morning. There are restrooms at the base of the canyon and also a little parking lot if you go up the road a little bit. It was great to hear the creek while you hike and we saw so many butterflies! There are picnic tables all the way up you can sit and rest at. We made it to #7 before we had to come back because of time constraints.

First time trail running in a couple years. The way up is a nice steady incline with plenty of flat spots on the way up. Lots of tree cover too! At 3 miles the trail runs out and merges onto a road. I took the road another mile and a half and then turned around. I hit the trail at around 4pm and hardly saw anyone else on the way up. I ran into a coyote on the trail and watched him for a bit. Saw two deer and a bunch of squirrels.

Pretty view of downtown at the beginning once you're at the top and pretty easy once you make it up the first steep hill.

Fantastic!

we actually went up another 2 miles..7.7 it was great discovered a section on the river where the water comes outta some cave looking ...Great scenery after you pass the end of the road pass tbe gate...at the end of the hike we did 15.4 and it was great..

I loved this!! I only went up 3 miles but it is gorgeous!!

Nice paved path to walk on. Easy hike. Nice and shaded most of the way.

We hiked the trail to the right of the river for 30 minutes then turned around. I had a 5 &2 year old and 7 month old in a sling. Watch for down hill bikers.

we killed there and back in 4 hours.the last 1.3 miles we hiked in 1.5 feet of snow and during that we saw big cat tracks and towards the end was bear tracks..No one had been that far up since last snow storm..it was really nice for sure..

Great place to go for a run! Good for all skill levels and very scenic.

This is a clean hike and could be hiked in just shoes or boots.