City Creek Canyon

City Creek Canyon is a 5.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from January until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

24 minutes ago

So fun! It was perfect for my kids since the road is very gradual and more than half shaded in the morning. There are restrooms at the base of the canyon and also a little parking lot if you go up the road a little bit. It was great to hear the creek while you hike and we saw so many butterflies! There are picnic tables all the way up you can sit and rest at. We made it to #7 before we had to come back because of time constraints.

First time trail running in a couple years. The way up is a nice steady incline with plenty of flat spots on the way up. Lots of tree cover too! At 3 miles the trail runs out and merges onto a road. I took the road another mile and a half and then turned around. I hit the trail at around 4pm and hardly saw anyone else on the way up. I ran into a coyote on the trail and watched him for a bit. Saw two deer and a bunch of squirrels.

Pretty view of downtown at the beginning once you're at the top and pretty easy once you make it up the first steep hill.

Fantastic!

we actually went up another 2 miles..7.7 it was great discovered a section on the river where the water comes outta some cave looking ...Great scenery after you pass the end of the road pass tbe gate...at the end of the hike we did 15.4 and it was great..

I loved this!! I only went up 3 miles but it is gorgeous!!

Nice paved path to walk on. Easy hike. Nice and shaded most of the way.

We hiked the trail to the right of the river for 30 minutes then turned around. I had a 5 &2 year old and 7 month old in a sling. Watch for down hill bikers.