Learn more

Circle All Peak is a 3.3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is best used from March until October.

Distance: 3.3 miles Elevation Gain: 1,555 feet Route Type: Out & Back

If you’re looking for a trail that will kick your butt in a short amount of miles with a good view, this is it! I’m a little slower and it took us an hour and 20mins up. That’s with me stopping to catch my breath a lot! I’ve never been up this side canyon. We saw a nice big bull moose pretty low on the trail. I eventually want to do Mnt Raymond, but the beginning of this was so steep we might go up the Millcreek side instead.

Great evening hike. Was consistently uphill the whole way there with some fairly steep parts along the way but would still rate it moderate. Beautiful aspen groves and wild flowers along the way. Did not measure the distance but it took us just over an hour up and just under an hour down. Beautiful views from the top!

Wildflowers were out, hiked along the stream in the beginning, starts out shady, gets more bare as you approach the peak, which is expected. We took our teens and 8 year old. Pretty steep, but it varies enough that it was totally doable for our family. We all had plenty of water. I don’t think the mileage is correct on All Trails. We used Strava and it said it was 2+ mi to peak so 4+ total out and back.

Fairly steep slog up. Head up on Butler Fork trail for a little over half a mile and then fork left on the Mill A trail. The trail terrain is singletrack dirt with few rocks or sticks and lots of brush encroaching on the trail. It winds through beautiful aspen groves and has switchbacks higher up. This hike goes to a lookout on the trail with beautiful views, although the trail continues further along the ridge. For beginner trail runners, it is more efficient to hike up the steep parts and very fun and not too treacherous to run down! The trail starts about halfway into the canyon. A good after work excursion!

The trail is narrow and steep. A bit worked out to the top. Fantastic views from the peak down the canyon.

Another beautiful hike! Wonderful views, shaded most of the way, beautiful wildflowers, and not overly crowded. It is a bit steep at the start and at the peak, and buggy on the top, so be prepared.

The entire hike is gorgeous! It was not too crowded and has a ton of shade. It is very steep though, and there are 2 parts that you could easily miss the turn off if you don’t know where you are going.

Pretty steep throughout but a great payoff at the end. I would definitely recommend starting early when the trail is more shaded!

Steep hike. Dry trail. Amazing view!

Great hike, steep for a newbie like me but manageable. Super quick though; just over 2 hours. Damp ground at times but solid footing the whole way up. Plenty of shade, about 10 degrees cooler than the app indicates. Distance is off; my tracking had me at 4.3 almost. Depends on the day it may be windy and chilly at the peak, jacket was worth carrying.

Shady, steep, beautiful. Wear good shoes

Tracked on two different devices, both clocked around 4.5 miles. Trail is in great condition, not as crowded as other hikes in Big Cottonwood this time of year.

More like 4.6 miles round trip but worth it for the views!

Nice quick little jaunt with a steady moderate grade the whole way with a sweet view through Big Cottonwood Canyon and of Kessler peak at the top. Lots of beautiful aspen trees to provide shade through much of the hike.

It was absolutely gorgeous up there today! Wildflowers are blooming, found a ton of wild mint on the trail. It was a little muddy with the rain a few days ago, but other that it was perfect. Very moderate trail, a few mildly steep patches, but very manageable overall.

Awesome quick hike with great views! Moderate grades the whole way and a clean dry trail.

Gorgeous hike. Pretty steep due to how short it is but it’s worth it. Nice spot to sit and enjoy the view at the top. Wouldn’t want to do this one on a busy day due to having to wait for a spot at the top.

A little steep at times but pretty moderate hike. Lots of aspen trees & wildflowers throughout. The views are beautiful!

Steep but worth it! No snow, lots of shade

No more snow! The bugs are out so I would recommend long loose clothing or spray if you are prone to getting bites. The views are stunning but it was a little more difficult than “moderate”

Truly beautiful views for a short hike. I found this elevation to be pretty steep to be rated as moderate. I’d say elevation is hard, distance is easy. All snow has melted, small patches of mud at the top that is easy to walk around. The top is amazing, 360 degrees view

This was my second time hiking in Big Cottonwood Canyon. We started at around 7:30am and were able to park at the trailhead, no problem. We opted not to use trekking poles but saw plenty of people using them since the way up until the aspens is pretty steep. The switchbacks made it easy to get up the mountain and gave beautiful views. There is enough room at the top of the mountain to sit and look at the views. We found the one with the canyon road to be the best view and background for pictures. Supplies: - backpacking chair - day pack - 1 L water Attire: - shorts - tank top - light jacket (it got windy at times and it was nice having that layer as an option) - trail running shoes (I wished I'd been more prepped to trail run down since the steepness would have been made enjoyable running)

Lost one Jabra Elite wireless earbud (fell out of charger on way down trail); if found please contact ‪(801) 341-9541‬ (Google Voice number so I can block spammers)

The snow is just about clear all the way to the top. You’ll only hit a patch or two and a little mud. This a beautiful hike. It’s a little steep at times, but it’s not long enough for that to be a problem. We saw a young moose just before the bridge. The switchbacks through the aspen trees with the cool evening air was such a relief from the hot valley temperatures.

The trail is well marked. It is fairly steep most of the way. It has a good number of switchbacks through a beautiful aspen grove that runs beside and over beautiful rivers and creeks. The views are spectacular. We crossed over a couple of small patches of snow and mud, but nothing major. Upon reaching the top......360° views of all of the surrounding peaks and valleys!!!!!!!!!! Can you tell I loved it?

Beautiful underrated trail! There’s still snow towards the top, would recommend spikes but I was able to do it with my hiking shoes pretty decently. It’s pretty steep, you’ll feel it in your calves.

Beautiful hike with amazing views along the way especially the end! There is barely any snow left and it is easily hiked with regular hiking boots. Pretty good inclines in the beginning and middle made it harder than I expected, but I'd still consider this intermediate/moderate.

Snow starts at approximately mile 1 - could be doable without spikes but micro spikes were helpful

Beautiful views, but be warned you’re gonna be knee deep in snow towards the top.