Circle Awl Peak

Circle Awl Peak is a 3.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October.

Good views at the top, but wishing I was on the peaks that were higher around me. Ran Into a harmless moose on the way down.

Ran into a moose on my way back down the trail. He was about .5 miles from the trailhead. Had to bush-wack to get around him. Found his bed a few yards from the trail. Be careful out there.

Splendid view at the peak. please be sure to take the left at both forks. I added at least an additional mile and a half because I took the right at the sign.

This hike was amazing. The views from the top were totally worth the climb. Even along the way the views were awesome. We got to see a moose and 2 deer...we were up there before the sun was fully up. If you are out of shape this will be a hard hike, but otherwise I agree with the moderate. We passed our turn off and had to back track a bit. There is no sign and there is a log across the trail, so we didn't see it. Watch for it. It's at the top-ish and goes off to the left up higher to the peak. I would definitely do this hike again. In a few more weeks the fall trees will be amazing!!

Beautiful hike! Very scenic. Lots of trees and shade. It's easy to get lost so make sure you map it. Butt kicker coming up but not terribly hard....