Chuckwalla Trail is a 1.7 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Saint George, Utah that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.7 miles Elevation Gain: 167 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Really hard for this beginner mom of 4..... but super awesome for my mountain biking boys!!! They loved it! And great views!!

a lot of fun wildlife

This was an easy little trail but my kids were miserable as we went in the early afternoon in 95°. We'll have to have a do over when it's cooler and climb the rocks. No crowd today.

Great trail! Long enough to feel like we got some great views and a good workout (I carried my 18 month old in an ergo so I was breathing extra heavy :)), and we were ready to turn around at the end. Short enough that it’s very doable for people of all ages! We passed mostly seniors on the trail.

Busy trail, kid and dog friendly. Pretty area with pretty flowers

Great trail with lots of rock formations to explore. Easy trail. Would recommend for all levels. There s as Keats appears to be rock climbers ofc to the right as you enter the trail. Some great views.

Can’t go wrong here, so many path options to continue or turn around whenever. Pretty popular. You usually get to see some climbers at the start!

Fun trail

This was a great trail! I took my baby and dog on this hike and it was nice and secluded with lots of beautiful views.

Really fun! We climbed on the gigantic rocks/boulders. Really fun for kids. Very easy, nice view from rocks, not very many bugs, great hike!

Great easy trail for kids all ages. My kids are 4-16 years old and they all loved it because of all the fun rocks they could climb.

fun hike for the whole family. Cool way to get in to paradise canyon.

Nice hike, not much elevation change and great for kids. Lots of big boulders and rocks to climb for them off the trails

I had a blast! I took this one on my own, so I continued on to Beck Hill as well and took several off path adventures, including accidentally spooking some birds and a hare. There are so many ways to safely make your own adventure from this trail, including scaling some rock faces and reaching high points for awesome views. It was so pretty out today I wanted to cry. I wish my phone took better pictures and had the capacity to capture the true beauty of this place! Great early hike before a mid-day work assignment!

Great hike! Same start at Turtle Wall Trail, (which I would also recommend), I’ll be back again fosho! I completed on a Sunday afternoon, there was not many people on the trail, but you can tell it is heavily trafficked. Some of the people we did see had young kids, they seemed to be doing fine. Enjoy the hike! #KEEPGOING

great trail with a little bit of everything. river, rock climbing, arches!

Expect heavy traffic. It seems this trial is busy no matter what day you hit it. Easy with some minor uphill climbs with a bit of sand.

It’s a nice area, but tends to be pretty heavily trafficked especially on weekends.

I really enjoyed this trail, walking to the arch and rocks at the end of the trail was pretty cool! Lots of soft sand though. Fun place for pictures! Pretty warm, no shade!

Super fun! Go to the little arch type thing up a little forward! Worth the small hike to just see some cool views!

Nice down and back trail. At the top you can watch the rock climbers as they tackle the red walls. While there is little shade, if you are early the sun is still hidden by the ridge. Trail is easy to follow.

not bad for a quick jaunt

Very easy hike, perfect if you are looking for something quick in the morning or after work.

Nice trail. we decided to take Beck hill trail at the end of chuckwalla. made a nice walk through some vibrant country. chuckwalla itself is very short, easy trail. loved it.

We loved it! Saw lots of lizards, bunnies and the coolest turtle!

My granddaughter and I really enjoyed this trail. We saw desert cottontails, a jack rabbit, an antelope squirrel, dusky flycatchers, blackcapped hummingbirds, several curves billed thrashers, and several birds I couldn’t identify as I’m not from this area. There were many wild flowers including mesquite and agave. We saw fence lizards, long tailed leopard lizards and several others I didn’t positively identify. A beautiful geologic wonder as well so close to the city but unspoiled. We saw coyote tracks and a runoff puddle teaming with polywogs. We had a great time taking it very slowly.