Chesler Park Viewpoint and Devil's Kitchen Loop

Chesler Park Viewpoint and Devil's Kitchen Loop is a 13.6 mile loop trail located near Blanding, Utah that offers the chance to see wildlife. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips.

36 minutes ago

I was planning on doing the Chesler Park Loop, but took a wrong turn, due entirely to stupidity, and ended up at Devil's Kitchen. I did not do the loop by continuing back to the Elephant Hill Trailhead on the Elephant Hill 4X4 Trail, but backtracked the way I came and went up to the Chesler Park Overlook. It was a great hike with spectacular scenery, but from the overlook, Chesler Park looked like it would be a lot of fun to hike as well, so next time I will read the signs correctly. The way I did it, it was about 10 miles, and according to the map, it would have been shorter to do it as a loop, so I think the distance listed on AllTrails is off. There is quite a trail network in the area, and if you follow the signs, you won't get lost.

The woman at the Visitor Center told us about this route saying that it was, in her opinion, one of the most beautiful ways out from the Chesler Park Viewpoint. We were not disappointed and were enthralled the whole time. Only thing about this route is that you have to walk 3.5m on the 4-wheeler road. She told us that she had not issued any permits for the road for the day, so we could go on it. It was wonderfully secluded although we did see a couple hikers entering the last mile or so as we were exiting at sunset. Little wildlife was seen, but we did see several coyote tracks and some scat. We played around a lot throughout the day, and with 2.5 liters of water (per person) we ran low/out the last mile or two.