Centerville Canyon Via Deuel Creek Trail

Centerville Canyon Via Deuel Creek Trail is a 4.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Centerville, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Short hike up and back along both sides of Centerville creek Deuel Creek Trail is a pleasant hike up Centerville canyon. The distance from trail head to where the trails meet is about one mile from there you can continue up the canyon for quite some distance, return on the same trail or follow the other trail down the opposite side of the creek. Deuel Creek Trail is maintained be the Centerville Parks and trial committee.

This was a beautiful, shaded hike that runs by the creek the entire way. It takes about around 3.25 miles (6.5 miles round trip) to the waterfall and it wasn't that scenery, but right before you get to the waterfall (looking up in the open sky) you are all alone in the valley of the mountain surrounded by tall pine trees - it was an amazing peaceful sight I have ever experienced. I tried to continue to hike pass the waterfall about 0.05 miles ahead and ended up seeing some small fallen trees in the middle of the creek that hindered me to go further more. I noticed a faded trail on the right side of the hill that has been used before, it looked too slippery for me to climb on it and decided to head back.

Thoroughly enjoy this hike! I love the fact it followed the stream the whole way. It was moderate with small sloping ascents and descents the whole way. Finding the trail head was a little difficult since my car couldn’t make it up the washed out dirt road and we parked on 100S. Once on the dirt road follow it up and around to the left where you’ll see the ATV Park. The trail head is in that parking area.

This is a beautiful trail. You stay by the creek the whole way, which makes it peaceful and easy to follow. The rope swing is also a lot of fun. The waterfall still flows really well in late fall which is a rarity!

Beautiful! You can’t run all of it but it was awesome.

Amazing

Good hike, nice to hear the water flowing as one hikes... nice burner heading up into the canyon... swinging on the rope swing. Will go back in spring - waterfall will be awesome

Will be going back! Love the waterfalls and brooks

very fun hike. my kids enjoyed it.

I saw two rattlesnakes

Great hike for families. One of my 4-year-old's favorites

Me and the kids went all 4.5 miles and back. We had a great time very nice hike next to the stream and most of it in the shade. I am new to this app so I am steal learning how to make it work.

great trail, nice history with it.

This is a fun and beautiful hike. We were able to see the Eagle's and the waterfall is so pretty! It's a new favorite!

Fun trail with kids. The rope swing is just past the 1 mile marker. Lots of places to play in the river along the way. Mostly shaded trail.

It was a beautiful trail following the river. I took my pup, and it was good for him but I'm not sure many young families would want to do this trail. it was washed out a bit and underkept. but overall I liked it!

Fun hike! 2 moms who took 10 kids from ages13-2 (with babies on the back). It was a little difficult at times, but as long as you take your time on the difficult parts, it's not bad at all. Kids loved the water and the rope swing! Had a great time!

Great trail! Loved the mile markers. Some rough places (climbing over rocks and such). Rope swing was a lot of fun! Bring plenty of water!!!! It's pretty shaded but all the terrain your going through you need to stay hydrated! Confusing finding the trail head. Once you get to the end of the paved road.....make a right! Follow around until you find a big open area to park in! I wouldn't recommend doing this one alone. There is some steep embankments that you could fall down

BEAUTIFUL trail. The terrain was rough but we got through with kids in tow. There's something beautiful to look at the entire hike. The trail stays within view of the creek for most of the time. There is a rope swing about 1.25 miles in, which the kids and adults both loved. There were a good number of hornets around the wetter parts of the trail but they left us alone as we hiked through. We will definitely hike it again.

DIRECTIONS:
The directions from All Trails will get you to an empty dirt lot, the TH starts at the wood sign on the NE side of the dirt lot.
Let me start by saying that the Moderate rating on this trail is not for the elevation gain. There are a couple steep parts, but overall it's very gradual. It's rated Moderate because of all the different types of terrain you will cross. Right at the beginning is a pretty thin path where one side is a pretty steep drop down the canyon. There is also a huge rock formation you must go over at one point, and a pretty steep S curve around the 1 mile mark.
One thing I wasn't expecting was the humidity. It was a normal Utah day about 85 in the valley, the trail goes right along a creek which is so pretty but the trees overhead form an arch and hold in the humidity from the river. It was so hot and made for a super sweaty hike.
There is a rope swing about 1.25 miles in which we stopped at, because it would be only the halfway mark to the waterfall. Saw lots of butterflies, a snake and some gray squirrels. I'll try this again at a later point and see if the humidity abates a little. Beautiful hike, I wouldn't take super young kids.