Centerville Canyon Via Deuel Creek Trail

Centerville Canyon Via Deuel Creek Trail is a 4.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Centerville, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Short hike up and back along both sides of Centerville creek Deuel Creek Trail is a pleasant hike up Centerville canyon. The distance from trail head to where the trails meet is about one mile from there you can continue up the canyon for quite some distance, return on the same trail or follow the other trail down the opposite side of the creek. Deuel Creek Trail is maintained be the Centerville Parks and trial committee.

Me and the kids went all 4.5 miles and back. We had a great time very nice hike next to the stream and most of it in the shade. I am new to this app so I am steal learning how to make it work.

great trail, nice history with it.

This is a fun and beautiful hike. We were able to see the Eagle's and the waterfall is so pretty! It's a new favorite!

Fun trail with kids. The rope swing is just past the 1 mile marker. Lots of places to play in the river along the way. Mostly shaded trail.

It was a beautiful trail following the river. I took my pup, and it was good for him but I'm not sure many young families would want to do this trail. it was washed out a bit and underkept. but overall I liked it!

Fun hike! 2 moms who took 10 kids from ages13-2 (with babies on the back). It was a little difficult at times, but as long as you take your time on the difficult parts, it's not bad at all. Kids loved the water and the rope swing! Had a great time!

Great trail! Loved the mile markers. Some rough places (climbing over rocks and such). Rope swing was a lot of fun! Bring plenty of water!!!! It's pretty shaded but all the terrain your going through you need to stay hydrated! Confusing finding the trail head. Once you get to the end of the paved road.....make a right! Follow around until you find a big open area to park in! I wouldn't recommend doing this one alone. There is some steep embankments that you could fall down

BEAUTIFUL trail. The terrain was rough but we got through with kids in tow. There's something beautiful to look at the entire hike. The trail stays within view of the creek for most of the time. There is a rope swing about 1.25 miles in, which the kids and adults both loved. There were a good number of hornets around the wetter parts of the trail but they left us alone as we hiked through. We will definitely hike it again.

DIRECTIONS:
The directions from All Trails will get you to an empty dirt lot, the TH starts at the wood sign on the NE side of the dirt lot.
Let me start by saying that the Moderate rating on this trail is not for the elevation gain. There are a couple steep parts, but overall it's very gradual. It's rated Moderate because of all the different types of terrain you will cross. Right at the beginning is a pretty thin path where one side is a pretty steep drop down the canyon. There is also a huge rock formation you must go over at one point, and a pretty steep S curve around the 1 mile mark.
One thing I wasn't expecting was the humidity. It was a normal Utah day about 85 in the valley, the trail goes right along a creek which is so pretty but the trees overhead form an arch and hold in the humidity from the river. It was so hot and made for a super sweaty hike.
There is a rope swing about 1.25 miles in which we stopped at, because it would be only the halfway mark to the waterfall. Saw lots of butterflies, a snake and some gray squirrels. I'll try this again at a later point and see if the humidity abates a little. Beautiful hike, I wouldn't take super young kids.

My only complaint is that people aren't cleaning up after their dogs. It's a beautiful trail with plenty of shade on a hot summer day. It has a lovely stream you follow on the way up, and a fun rope swing.