Centerville Canyon Via Deuel Creek Trail

Centerville Canyon Via Deuel Creek Trail is a 4.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Centerville, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Short hike up and back along both sides of Centerville creek Deuel Creek Trail is a pleasant hike up Centerville canyon. The distance from trail head to where the trails meet is about one mile from there you can continue up the canyon for quite some distance, return on the same trail or follow the other trail down the opposite side of the creek. Deuel Creek Trail is maintained be the Centerville Parks and trial committee.

Great trail that stays in shade and cover

South trail was nice and fairly comfortable to get out of the 102 degree weather. There is a lot of wasps on the trail and a few snakes. was a bit disappointed in the falls but I'd still do this trail again as it was shaded a lot be and it follows the creek the whole way so no problem with a water source.

My family and I (husband, 4 year old and two dogs) took the south trail today from the trailhead to the top of the waterfall. My Apple Watch put us at over 5 miles and it took us over 4 hours, with breaks in the water for the dogs and a break at the top for some snacks. It wasn’t a bad hike although there were some areas that worried me a bit with my 4 year old (drops straight down with one minor slip). Some parts of the trail seemed pretty overgrown too and we were walking basically straight through plants. We had fun at the rope swing which is right next to the water so great place for the dogs to cool off too. Mostly shaded with a few areas of sun. Much hotter on our way up than on the way down. All in all it was a good hike for all of us. The dogs did great and so did our 4 year old for it being his second hike. You will come out dirty as it is fairly dusty and some areas are must. My husband had an awesome “tan” on his legs from all the dirt and our son’s face was covered in dirt

Driving up to the trail head was a little scary for me in my little sedan (but I made it just fine!). Lots of areas where it is washed out and steep. It was a lovely hike along the stream, but the trail became overtaken with vegetation. Didn't see a whole lot of people on my way up, but on the way down there was more. I thought the falls were pretty but I was expecting something bigger. I would do this hike again with some friends though.

Took our 3 and 5 year olds. Plus the dog. They all loved it. Might be a little long for littles so come prepared with snacks and take breaks.

This trial is a bit confusing. Not clearly marked (exact trail name or mileage) we just took a trail that lead us back into the mountains. We ended up taking the north trail in (full sun, large elevation gain) and the south trail out. NOTE: South trail is much better. It’s Shaded, runs right along the water etc. We started about 6pm and got down around 9:15pm. Only ran into 1 small family going up and a few small groups on the way down. They were camping. It was around 2.3 miles in and 2.3 miles out. We did spend some time at a small waterfall (not sure if it was the main attraction or not) and then headed down. Saw multiple snakes, trail was packed with dragon flys, mesquites, grasshoppers, and foxtails (not so great for dogs - glad I didn’t bring my pup). There are a few camping sites right in the middle of the trails, and a fun swing. The trail can be a bit scary at times (steep drop offs, lose rocks and dirt) but overall is was a good hike. The waterfall that we saw wasn’t all that great, however still refreshing. May venture out again at some point.

My husband and i took our 3 and 5 year olds and wore our baby in the pack. There is one area that’s a little scary with kids but not worth missing this hike and swing! The swing was so fun. The kids loved it. The hike was fairly easy. Only a few areas that were steep.

I took my 5 year old daughter on this hike and we loved it. The highlight was definitely the rope swing for her. The hike is nice and shaded on the south trail. It gets a little rocky at parts so I agree with the moderate rating. The water fall is pretty, but not as nice as some of the other ones around. We definitely will do this hike again and just go up to the swing.

Fun, mostly shaded hike. May be too challenging for littles. Tends to get a little crowded.

great hike in the summer lots of shade rope swing was fun beautiful scenery

Awesome trail. I took my ten year old my Jack Russel and everyone did fine. It was a little more challenging than the average trail, but not too bad and definitely worth it.

SO MANY PEOPLE - trail is not wide enough and so it is hard to pass. Not sure would bring kids - saw a couple snakes on the path today. also has poison ivy.

We took our two poms up who love to hike. It was a fun trail and was beautiful with the run off from the waterfall the whole way up. Don’t recommend bringing small kids as there are narrow areas that are a dangerous fall. Plan on being a little muddy by the time you get back to your car. Will definitely do it again!

I took my 5 & 6 yr olds up to the swing. It was an awesome adventure and the swing was a BLAST... but I wouldn’t take a 5 yr old or younger again. There were some steep drop offs and we had a close call. Going to the swing was a pretty tough workout for two average kiddos. Also- be careful where you park, I saw many ticked vehicles on the side of the paved road that connects to the dirt road.

A fun hike, many creek crossings over log bridges bound together. A cool rope swing halfway to the waterfall, kids (and me) loved that. More rugged and rustic than other, better maintained trails.

My least favorite hike around. Hard to access. If you don’t have 4 wheel drive, don’t bother. Lots of dog poop on the trail and the swing is poorly maintained.

It was absolutely beautiful! There’s quite a drop off at the beginning but super worth it to see the stream. My pups loved every bit of it!

So beautiful in the snow!

This is a hidden gem! There’s a lot swing about a mile up the trail, and a couple decent waterfalls as well. The trail is definitely moderate, you get your blood pumping but nothing too hard.

Very little snow on the trail right now. Muddy in some spots. Fun little hike!

great trail, but icy towards the end so need shoe spikes. when you are about 0.5 miles in the trail seems to disappear, you just need to continue over the jagged rocks and the trail picks back up. dog loved the trail.

This is my favorite hike. So close to town but you feel like you are miles away. This was the first time hiking it in the Winter. We had trouble getting up to the trailhead since the first part of the dirt road was icy. We just parked at the bottom and hiked up. The first half mile of the south trail was pretty icy and I wish I’d brought my traction spikes. Then the next 1.5 miles was pretty easy with packed snow conditions and we made good time. The closer we got to the waterfall, the narrower the trail and the more powdery the snow. It wasn’t impassible in just boots, but snowshoes might have kept us from sinking in so much. Overall still a great hike.

Loved this trail!

This was a beautiful, shaded hike that runs by the creek the entire way. It takes about around 3.25 miles (6.5 miles round trip) to the waterfall and it wasn't that scenery, but right before you get to the waterfall (looking up in the open sky) you are all alone in the valley of the mountain surrounded by tall pine trees - it was an amazing peaceful sight I have ever experienced. I tried to continue to hike pass the waterfall about 0.05 miles ahead and ended up seeing some small fallen trees in the middle of the creek that hindered me to go further more. I noticed a faded trail on the right side of the hill that has been used before, it looked too slippery for me to climb on it and decided to head back.

Thoroughly enjoy this hike! I love the fact it followed the stream the whole way. It was moderate with small sloping ascents and descents the whole way. Finding the trail head was a little difficult since my car couldn’t make it up the washed out dirt road and we parked on 100S. Once on the dirt road follow it up and around to the left where you’ll see the ATV Park. The trail head is in that parking area.

This is a beautiful trail. You stay by the creek the whole way, which makes it peaceful and easy to follow. The rope swing is also a lot of fun. The waterfall still flows really well in late fall which is a rarity!

Beautiful! You can’t run all of it but it was awesome.

Amazing

Good hike, nice to hear the water flowing as one hikes... nice burner heading up into the canyon... swinging on the rope swing. Will go back in spring - waterfall will be awesome

Will be going back! Love the waterfalls and brooks