Centerville Canyon Via Deuel Creek Trail is a 4.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Centerville, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Short hike up and back along both sides of Centerville creek Deuel Creek Trail is a pleasant hike up Centerville canyon. The distance from trail head to where the trails meet is about one mile from there you can continue up the canyon for quite some distance, return on the same trail or follow the other trail down the opposite side of the creek. Deuel Creek Trail is maintained be the Centerville Parks and trial committee.

Great trail wouldn’t recommend taking dogs on This trail it get really narrow and especially hard when people are trying to pass up and down the trail. Very pretty and shady. Inclined become more aggressive near the end. Good for older kids. Plan on hiking out with little ones on shoulders or packs

Yahoo

first time hiking this trail. wow, 70 foot drops on sandy unstable slopes. rock walls. had to turn around, sketchy!

This was a very awkward hike. Kind of confusing on which trail to follow the further up you go. Trail isn’t well maintained, and is very dangerous in some parts. A lot of wasps on the trail where the trail is wet from the creek. Wasn’t all that scenic either. Only pro I can think of is you get a workout from it and it’s shaded. Won’t be doing this trail again.

This is a nice trail for a hot day as the temperature in the canyon is much cooler and the trail is almost completely shaded. Be aware that the drive up is a bit precarious! However, we made it just fine in my Ford Focus. Once snow hits I imagine this is inaccessible wo 4WD.

The trail follows the creek, the “swing” is about 1.1 miles into the hike. The trail can be really packed to that point, but was fairly empty past it. A lot of ppl seem to turn back at that point. As other mentioned, the trail does just “end” near the waterfall at the top. We hiked early in the morning when cooler, but as it warmed on our way down, the bees came out in full force! Something to be aware of if you have little kids, pets with you. At least during the end of summer. Nice hike with the dog bc tons of water access. Round trip about 5 miles in about 2.5hrs. I would definitely visit again

This hike you are basically walking along side a water feature, shaded nearly the whole way made this a fantastic way to get out of the heat. The waterfall is smaller than most in the area but still pretty. For those that are curious like me, there isn't anything past the waterfall. We noticed there was a 2.5 mile marker past the waterfall so continued up. The trail ends at a trail marker pretty anticlimactic.

We went the ~1.1 miles to the swing and the kids loved it. Turn RIGHT at the end of 100 south up the very bumpy road. The first time we accidentally did the north trail which is hot, exposed, and miserable. The south trail is shady and scenic.

Very nice trail with shade most of the time.

Great trail that stays in shade and cover

South trail was nice and fairly comfortable to get out of the 102 degree weather. There is a lot of wasps on the trail and a few snakes. was a bit disappointed in the falls but I'd still do this trail again as it was shaded a lot be and it follows the creek the whole way so no problem with a water source.

My family and I (husband, 4 year old and two dogs) took the south trail today from the trailhead to the top of the waterfall. My Apple Watch put us at over 5 miles and it took us over 4 hours, with breaks in the water for the dogs and a break at the top for some snacks. It wasn’t a bad hike although there were some areas that worried me a bit with my 4 year old (drops straight down with one minor slip). Some parts of the trail seemed pretty overgrown too and we were walking basically straight through plants. We had fun at the rope swing which is right next to the water so great place for the dogs to cool off too. Mostly shaded with a few areas of sun. Much hotter on our way up than on the way down. All in all it was a good hike for all of us. The dogs did great and so did our 4 year old for it being his second hike. You will come out dirty as it is fairly dusty and some areas are must. My husband had an awesome “tan” on his legs from all the dirt and our son’s face was covered in dirt

Driving up to the trail head was a little scary for me in my little sedan (but I made it just fine!). Lots of areas where it is washed out and steep. It was a lovely hike along the stream, but the trail became overtaken with vegetation. Didn't see a whole lot of people on my way up, but on the way down there was more. I thought the falls were pretty but I was expecting something bigger. I would do this hike again with some friends though.

Took our 3 and 5 year olds. Plus the dog. They all loved it. Might be a little long for littles so come prepared with snacks and take breaks.

This trial is a bit confusing. Not clearly marked (exact trail name or mileage) we just took a trail that lead us back into the mountains. We ended up taking the north trail in (full sun, large elevation gain) and the south trail out. NOTE: South trail is much better. It’s Shaded, runs right along the water etc. We started about 6pm and got down around 9:15pm. Only ran into 1 small family going up and a few small groups on the way down. They were camping. It was around 2.3 miles in and 2.3 miles out. We did spend some time at a small waterfall (not sure if it was the main attraction or not) and then headed down. Saw multiple snakes, trail was packed with dragon flys, mesquites, grasshoppers, and foxtails (not so great for dogs - glad I didn’t bring my pup). There are a few camping sites right in the middle of the trails, and a fun swing. The trail can be a bit scary at times (steep drop offs, lose rocks and dirt) but overall is was a good hike. The waterfall that we saw wasn’t all that great, however still refreshing. May venture out again at some point.

My husband and i took our 3 and 5 year olds and wore our baby in the pack. There is one area that’s a little scary with kids but not worth missing this hike and swing! The swing was so fun. The kids loved it. The hike was fairly easy. Only a few areas that were steep.

I took my 5 year old daughter on this hike and we loved it. The highlight was definitely the rope swing for her. The hike is nice and shaded on the south trail. It gets a little rocky at parts so I agree with the moderate rating. The water fall is pretty, but not as nice as some of the other ones around. We definitely will do this hike again and just go up to the swing.

Fun, mostly shaded hike. May be too challenging for littles. Tends to get a little crowded.

great hike in the summer lots of shade rope swing was fun beautiful scenery

Awesome trail. I took my ten year old my Jack Russel and everyone did fine. It was a little more challenging than the average trail, but not too bad and definitely worth it.

SO MANY PEOPLE - trail is not wide enough and so it is hard to pass. Not sure would bring kids - saw a couple snakes on the path today. also has poison ivy.

We took our two poms up who love to hike. It was a fun trail and was beautiful with the run off from the waterfall the whole way up. Don’t recommend bringing small kids as there are narrow areas that are a dangerous fall. Plan on being a little muddy by the time you get back to your car. Will definitely do it again!

I took my 5 & 6 yr olds up to the swing. It was an awesome adventure and the swing was a BLAST... but I wouldn’t take a 5 yr old or younger again. There were some steep drop offs and we had a close call. Going to the swing was a pretty tough workout for two average kiddos. Also- be careful where you park, I saw many ticked vehicles on the side of the paved road that connects to the dirt road.

A fun hike, many creek crossings over log bridges bound together. A cool rope swing halfway to the waterfall, kids (and me) loved that. More rugged and rustic than other, better maintained trails.

My least favorite hike around. Hard to access. If you don’t have 4 wheel drive, don’t bother. Lots of dog poop on the trail and the swing is poorly maintained.

It was absolutely beautiful! There’s quite a drop off at the beginning but super worth it to see the stream. My pups loved every bit of it!

So beautiful in the snow!

This is a hidden gem! There’s a lot swing about a mile up the trail, and a couple decent waterfalls as well. The trail is definitely moderate, you get your blood pumping but nothing too hard.

Very little snow on the trail right now. Muddy in some spots. Fun little hike!

great trail, but icy towards the end so need shoe spikes. when you are about 0.5 miles in the trail seems to disappear, you just need to continue over the jagged rocks and the trail picks back up. dog loved the trail.

This is my favorite hike. So close to town but you feel like you are miles away. This was the first time hiking it in the Winter. We had trouble getting up to the trailhead since the first part of the dirt road was icy. We just parked at the bottom and hiked up. The first half mile of the south trail was pretty icy and I wish I’d brought my traction spikes. Then the next 1.5 miles was pretty easy with packed snow conditions and we made good time. The closer we got to the waterfall, the narrower the trail and the more powdery the snow. It wasn’t impassible in just boots, but snowshoes might have kept us from sinking in so much. Overall still a great hike.