Centerville Canyon Trail

Centerville Canyon Trail is a 2.5 mile out and back trail located near Centerville, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, horses, and mountain biking and is best used from March until November. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Davis County in Northern Utah contains some of the greatest hiking trails found anywhere in the country. Nestled between View Mont peak and Centerville peak is a Beautiful canyon. Suitable for a day hike or a weekend camp. The Trail is excellent and you will find several nice camp or picnic spots where you can enjoy the soothing sounds of Centerville creek as it meanders its way down the canyon. To begin your hike you will climb up a fairly steep trail for the first .25 mile, then you will drop into the canyon where you will enjoy a shady hike among the scrub oak and some evergreens. There are some creaky bridges for you to cross the creek as you work your way up the canyon.

DANGEROUS!

Starting off on the north trail (up by the water reservoir) sets you up for one of the most difficult hikes you’ll find. There are no switchbacks, just straight up the side of the hill. I was breathless for the first mile. Now, it isn’t impossible but you need to be prepared. Also, the trail is NARROW and on the settlers hillside I’ve seen. Frankly, I was scared but had gotten to a point of no return so we powered through. Lots of wash it on this hills side has left the path unstable so go slowly and take trekking poles.

All of this said, the south part of the trail is beautiful and takes you by lots of water and some mild rock scaling as you climb over a couple spots. South trail is absolutely kid friendly!

There are two different trails to take to get to the waterfall. I took the North trail and it was pretty strenuous. Tt took me twice the amount of time to get there than it took me to get back (I took the south back). The waterfall didn't feel worth it to me after the hike. Almost no view from the South side, and little to no shade on the North side.

I really enjoyed this one!

nice trail, love it.

Beautiful trail. Well kept. Follows water the whole way. Mostly shady

The south trail is amazing! The trail gets a bit steeper after the swing but the waterfall is worth it. Hiked with my 11 year old

Great hike that has shade the whole way! 2.2 miles each way. The waterfall isn't as spectacular, but the hike is perfect for all ages

A bit more difficult than we were expecting but we made the loop with two kids in tow and loved the breath taking views.

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

You spend the whole time following the stream. There are some cool waterfalls along the way. It might be difficult for small kids and old dogs, but it is a very beautiful hike. I recommend the South trail head over the North trail head. It is shadier and you almost immedeately reach the water. The bridges look dangerous, but are very very sturdy. Bring shoes you don't mind getting a little dirty or wet. In the spring there can be standing puddles on the trail. But nothing you can't inch around.

Monday, April 24, 2017

nice trail, steep in places. went up north and down south.

Thursday, April 06, 2017

This wound around a river, had a cool swing and a couple fire pits along the way. Awesome trail and beautiful scenery!

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Love this trail

Thursday, September 29, 2016

The waterfall was beautiful and the dogs loved it!

Friday, September 09, 2016

One of my favorite trail up north, it's not busy at all.

Monday, September 05, 2016

This was a beautiful, shaded hike that runs by the creek the entire way. 5.2 miles if you go up to the waterfall and back... which is worth it. the rope swing over dirt (which the kids love) is maybe half way to the waterfall. the trail marker actually says Deul Creek South. a guy in the parking lot said this trail is much better then the North trail.. easier and shaded. it's still a hefty hike! there were lots of kids on the trail, in fact that was the worst part- it's pretty busy, especially up to the rope swing! the trail is narrow so letting people constantly pass, was annoying. it's busy cause it's beautiful!

Saturday, August 27, 2016

This is a beautiful trail! We stayed on the south side in the shade. The swing is about the half way mark. It's well marked so we didn't get lost. I'd do this again and take grandkids to the swing.

Thursday, August 18, 2016

Super fun hike. Way fun to run down the trail on the way back. You slowly gain elevation so the hike is not bad at all

Friday, July 08, 2016

There are some hidden gems there. Been there countless times. We got married in this Canyon.

Friday, July 08, 2016

ABSOLUTELY LOVED THIS HIKE

Tuesday, July 05, 2016

This trail is great for scenery, shade and a little fun on the swing. My daughters and I ran to the top and back, and took a break at the swing.

Monday, June 06, 2016

I love this hike

Friday, May 13, 2016

Love this trail. I went with Scouts and it was great.

Thursday, March 03, 2016

I love this trail, I love taking my dog with me too, but the only problem is all of the brambles. If you bring your dog up you might want to think twice about it if they have a fluffy or even slightly shaggy coat. My poor dog gets herself all tangled up in those suckers, but it's a great hike.

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

So gorgeous along the creek. Trail is quite narrow on the North side. A bit hard to find but it starts behind the North Deuel Creek trailhead sign. Several fireplaces along the way with log benches and bridges.

Saturday, August 22, 2015

All the negative reviews are just people that went to the wrong place. Go straight up Parish lane in centerville and take a left up this narrow road to a dirt parking lot. From their take the trail head to the firebreak road and head north to a bridge. On the north side of the bridge there's a pretty discreet trail head in east up the canyon. Trail is pretty run down for the most part, but there's some stellar views. Eventually you get to this point where a tree on the north bank is growing out of an alcove and it appears the trail is over but it's not!! DONT MISS THE BEST PART! Take the low way and climb up some rocks or shimmy along the boulder cause there's petroglyph stuff on the other side!! Anyway, one of my favorite short jokes. Nice homie feel and unique art.

Monday, August 10, 2015

Lost. No indication of where trail is or starts or ends. Super steep climb in car. Waste of time.

Thursday, August 06, 2015

If you head east on 100 South in Centerville you will eventually come to a dirt road. Take a right, then continue until the road forks and go left. You'll see a dirt parking lot at the trail head.

We do this hikes a couple times a year, it's great for families and dogs. There's a creek the entire way and the farthest you can go is about three miles to a nice waterfall, although few go there. Make sure to check out the rope swing about a mile in and watch out for potential poison ivy.

Overall this is a simple and fun trail for a couple hours of adventure!

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

This is a fun little hike. Took my 9 year old son and he did great. There's a few spots where I worried, like when the trail goes over a very rocky portion, but we took our time and he did fine. We went up the south side.

Thursday, February 05, 2015

Same as Deuel Canyon trails. Favorite close place to go.

Monday, June 02, 2014

Too steep and too narrow for children under 6.