Cecret Lake Trail

Cecret Lake Trail is a 1.7 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Alta, Utah that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until September.

Users have reported that during winter and spring the road to the trailhead might be closed. Due to extremely limited parking access at Cecret Lake/Catherine's Pass Trailheads and to reduce congestion on the Albion Basin Summer Road and in the upper Albion Basin parking areas, it is highly recommended that hikers park in the Albion Base Area parking lot and hike the Upper Albion Meadows Trail or ride the free shuttle provided by the Town of Alta on weekends and holidays. A wonderful family hike to beautiful alpine lake in the Little Cottonwood Canyons Albion Basin. This is a very short hike to a beautiful alpine lake in the Albion Basin region near Alta and Snowbird Ski Resorts. This area is very popular on summer weekends so parking may be difficult. Take the time to relax at the lake and take lots of photos of your family with the mountains as a backdrop.

Hiked this in August with a healing ankle sprain. Fairly easy with beautiful views. Highly recommended.

Great hike!

I loved this hike!! It was great for me and my boys!! It was a good length and a mix of flat and a little steep!

Grandkids loved the hike, ages 2-14. Not too bad until the last ¼ mile, it was steep, rocky, switchbacks. Parking was tough on a Friday morning. Beautiful views. While the wildflowers are almost gone, there was still a few to enjoy. Trail is very dusty. We plan on doing this again next year closer to Mid-July.

Awesome little hike to a beautiful alpine lake!

Busy, fairly steep in places. Beautifull hike.

Lake is muddy green brown and there are few flowers. Not worth the $6 to get in here.

Was surprised my 3 year old made it to the top. Pretty easy until the last 25% where it gets a bit steep, narrow and scrambled for very young kids. The lake up top reminded me a little of String Lake at the Grand Tetons. Salamanders and chipmunks were another reward.

Beautiful trail for a rookie. Great views and the lake at the end makes to journey worthwhile.

Pretty.

Be aware: Alta is charging $6 per vehicle to use the road to get to the trail.

so beautiful! great work out

Beautiful hike. Should not be rated as easy. Very steep incline to get to the lake, but it’s worth it.

It was a fun family hour and half. My kids liked it.

very good trail for the first 0.8 miles, but the last 0.1 mile of the trail is very difficult and steep. overall, it was a very fun hike.

Fantastic 3.5 mile round trip hike, super clear water with great views.

was good

I used to love this hike until it grew in popularity. The ski lifts bringing people practically right to it have ruined it for me. We picked up so much trash. If used to be our tradition to go once a year as it was my little ones first hike, but the traffic jams on the switch backs and the phones ringing while at the lake took away from the peaceful feeling I seek when going to the mountains.
Pick up your trash everyone!

Heavily trafficked is an understatement. The flowers are beautiful. And we saw moose right on the trail.

We are just getting into hiking and this was a great one. We road the lift up to the top and hiked the rest of the way to the lake. It was a perfect day! We even saw a moose on the way down! Very awesome. Weather was perfect.

Incredible hike with great views!

NOT EASY! Alltrails lies! Beautiful, though, and totally worth it.

The wildflowers were beautiful. We were able to see deer, moose, and squirrels.

One of my favorite hikes, especially when the wildflowers are in bloom July-Aug. hiked it for sunrise this morning to beat the crowds. It’s even batter when you have it to yourself.

Start your hike from the bottom of the Sunnyside lift. If you drive up the summer road to the actual trailhead you will save yourself about a mile or so of hiking, but you will also miss out on the majority of the wildflowers. Trail is currently clear and dry with the exception of the runoff crossings, definitely crowded so plan ahead if you have small children.

beautiful and pretty easy trail. wild flowers are amazing, and we got to see 2 moose and a deer! the end close to the lake is really the only "hard" part and it's really not bad.

Went in July and the wildflowers made this hike phenomenal. We parked at the Albion lot near the lodge and walked the whole way up. All told it was about 4 miles. We took 5 kids, and the beginning is pretty steep at times. About a half mile in, it gets a tad easier, but the last .5 miles is pretty steep right before you get to the lake.

We paid the $6 fee and parked at the Albion Basin Campground parking lot to shave some of the miles off since we were hiking with toddlers. This was an easy enough hike for my 3 year old (with a few breaks, of course). The flowers were BEAUTIFUL and in full bloom and we enjoyed the scenery. The switch backs right before you reach the lake were definitely the most difficult part of the hike, but overall it’s easy. There were lots of bugs at the lake, so be sure to bring bug spray.

We hiked it today and the wildflowers are stunning and full bloom! Heads up though, there is road construction and significant delays

This is one of our favorites. Mosquitos are bad at the lake right now but manageable. Wildflowers are beautiful. An easy hike for me and my 5 year old to walk himself. Don't forget $6 if you want to park at Catherine's or cecret parking lots!