Cecret Lake from Albion Basin

Cecret Lake from Albion Basin is a 4.8 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Alta, Utah that features a great forest setting. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and trail running.

The wildflowers are incredible, and the lake is so beautiful!

Views beyond compare! We did this hike on June 17. Some minor patches of snow on the trail toward the top. The wind was more chilly than we had prepared for so bring a windbreaker at the very least! Luckily, my kids had hoodies tied around their waist. We saw moose here last year in August, but none during this trip up. This was my second time up this trail and it is a new family favorite.

Last week-end the gravel service roads were closed to cars so we had to park way down from the trailhead and had to walk up the service roads for 50 minutes just to get to the trail. Then we hiked about 45 min to the top to see the lake. There was still snow on the trail in some spots and it was quite muddy, but warm weather when sunny. You had to cross two or three creeks with slippery rocks but often you could find a long way around- just avoid the mud. The lake still had patches of ice and was beautiful. I don’t need to do this trail again for a few years. Took 4 adults 3 1/2 hours

Beautiful hike! There was still some patches of snow and it was quite cold at the top. In a few weeks when all the wildflowers bloom it will be absolutely breathtaking.

Hiked as part of a loop from Alta to Germania Pass

Nice trail, but dogs are not allowed in the canyon nor on this trail. I took my dog with me but after seeing all the signs, I left her in the truck. I was stopped by a Ranger who was kind enough to let me know that you can’t even have a dog in your vehicle. Apparently the ticket is $550. So, be forewarned.

Snow is really deep right now (almost knee deep in some areas) and we couldn't make it to the top because it was too steep and dangerous with the snow, ice, and rocks. Would recommend waiting until summer for this one!

The walk from the Albion parking lot to the actual trailhead was pretty uneventful. You follow a road that winds through a ski resort. It adds a lot of time to the actual trail (so plan accordingly), but once you hit the cecret trailhead the hike is short, elevated, and fun. Great spot. Being from out of town, I would've loved to see the alpine lake in the spring or summer!

Great hike to do with the kids.

Some snow on the trail today, a little bit of ice but not much. Beautiful drive from SLC and the snow made surrounding peaks very beautiful.

Beautiful!

First part of the trail is walking up a ski slope which is covered in the most beautiful wild flowers. Part of the trail is under construction. Lake was beautiful and there was a moose hiding beneath the trees. Definitely hike up the mountain behind the lake for some gorgeous views.

Not my favorite hike this season. Lots of people and construction.

In my opinion, don't drive up to the cecret lake trail head never any parking. My suggestion is park down at the base plenty of parking plus a longer hike

Absolutely fantastic trail filled with wildflowers in mid August! Got there early and saw a big uptick in foot traffic by midday. What a beautiful experience!

Gorgeous wildflowers, moose, and lake. Tons of hiking traffic.

Great trail...show up early and you'll have it to yourself.

Did this hike just this week. Incredible wildflowers carpeting the meadow and hills! The mountains, trees, creek, flowers, & lake, create a gorgeous environment. Mother Earth in her pristine, perfect state.

Wildflowers everywhere

WILDFLOWERS

The wildflowers are spectacular.

GO NOW! Start from this lower parking lot and bask in the wildflower beauty. We did the upper portion of this hike before but this this round we started at the base and stopped short of the upper parking lot (with kids). This was perfect and absolutely beautiful.

Hiked this trail from the parking lot at Albion Base on Sunday July 16 at 10am. This was the most crowded I've ever seen the trail, especially when it meets up with everyone skipping the beginning at the Albion Campground. Luckily, most people are either too lazy or unaware of the very best part of the hike this time of year: the absolutely gorgeous wildflowers in the meadows between the Base parking lot and the campground! There seems to be about a 2-3 window when the wildflowers are in full bloom, and it's starting to happen right now. Bring your camera!

Beautiful hike! The wild flowers were in bloom and it was amazing. There was still snow on the trail and a few small creeks you have get over, but, other than that is was fun hike. It was really packed the day I went, this hike I would probably wear good shoes the terrain is a little muddy. Will definitely hike again.

Beautiful wild flowers on a mellow trail following a trail and dirt road. The highlight for me was the meadows filled with wild flowers in the sun

*BEWARE* several parts of the trail are in construction zones and have therefore been rerouted. However the rerouted ares are not marked very well and can be confusing as there is still plenty of snick and runoff covering the trails.

This was my first time doing this hike and it was a lot of fun. Definitely recommended.