Point to Point

off road driving

off road driving

This drive is AMAZING! It is unforgettable and I would highly recommend it!

To start get the map for “Cathedral Loop” at Capital Reef’s visitor center. It is a guide for this entire drive and it explains the geology, ecology and history you will want to have to get the most from the trip.

We went in an unmodified Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4x4 and made the whole trip fine in 4 wheel drive. The mucky parts were no issue as long as you don’t stop in them. There were very few mucky parts actually but do check the weather before heading in and do start with the drive through the river because if you can’t make that part you don’t want to leave it for the end and have to turn around and go back 64 miles!!!

What you see in the park does not even compare to what you will see in this loop. We saw 4 vehicles the whole day! We started at 9am at the Visitors Center to zero our trip counter and followed our guide book. We finished at 5:12 PM. Storms are typical in the afternoon so again check that out and carry extra water and food.

Again this trip is totally worth it. I worry now that I will never top this drive! It is that good!