Castle Lake Trail

Castle Lake Trail is a 1.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Kamas, Utah that features a lake. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and fishing. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

From Kamas, take the Mirror lake Highway (Highway 150) about 33 miles. The trailhead is on the west side of the road at Butterfly Lake

I searched everywhere for this trail and could not find it! I started on the trail for the lake right by the road and followed it to the left toward the campsites and then just wandered through the woods off trail trying to find any kind of path to no avail. I gave up after like 15 mins of searching. Very disappointed that there weren't any signs or distinguished trail leading to the other lake.

I loved this hike! I went on June 4th and there's still a lot of snow, but it was pretty warm up there and the snowmelt streams were pretty epic. We didn't see anybody else up at the lake. The lake was still frozen but so, so beautiful. Worth hiking through several feet of melting snow. I'm definitely going back in the summer to camp a few nights.

Saturday, July 04, 2015

Cool little lake, kind of hard to find if you don't know where to look. I caught a fish on the first cast and we didn't see anyone else up there the entire time we were there.