Cascade Springs Interpretive Trail

Cascade Springs Interpretive Trail is a 0.8 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Midway, Utah that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

Very easy paved trail, my kids loved all the bridges. Went this past weekend, and while still pretty, the fall colors are mostly all gone. It wasn't very crowded when we went which was nice. It is quite a drive to get there and I'm not sure it was worth such a long drive.

Very pretty, also very short. We were done and back to our car in about 30 minutes.

This is by no means hiking. It's all on a wooden, man built trail that allows you to walk over the springs. It's like what they built in Yellowstone. It's a lovely walk though and very peaceful. We even spotted wild turkeys!

Nice evening walk to take with the kids and dog. Weeknights are perfect

Easy trail , lots of wildflowers and running waters.
I dug my feet in the water and it was freezing.
I did this trail last year.

Very easy nature walk. I love the diverse ecosystem here and all the signage identifying the various plants and trees.

Very kid friendly- took a 3 yr old.

Beautiful, short, kid friendly hike.

A very nice nature walk, excellent for non-hikers. Well-travelled as a result.

So very, very beautiful. It's easy. It's fantastic to look at. It's great for kids. Only possible downside is how sunny it can be. Go on a cool day or bring sunscreen.

A nice hike in trees and running water, with plenty of picnic and rest areas, too.

Nice area, easy exploring on paved trails and wooden pathways.

I would not describe this as a hike, it's definitely more of a stroll good for families. I went on a Sunday around 5pm in light rain, and even then it was really busy. On a nice Saturday afternoon, it is probably unpleasantly crowded.

However, the surroundings are beautiful! I can see it being magical on an early morning when the weather is nice and there is no one around.

If you are coming from SLC, I would highly recommend approaching along the Alpine Scenic Route as opposed to through Midway, especially if you want to avoid a very long, rocky dirt road full of ATVs and dirt bikes speeding all around you. I drive a Honda Civic and was afraid I'd get stuck in the dirt or run over a thrill-seeker. Plus, the Alpine route is absolutely stunning, definitely my favorite drive in the area!

Nice lush environs to relax in.

Went today (6-1-17) with my nephew. We were pretty much the only people there. It was so beautiful and peaceful. But I bet it gets pretty crowded on the weekends.

Short walk. All paved. Great for kids, and leashed dogs. It's getting hot though because there's not a ton of shade up there. I'd do this in the morning.

Absolutely beautiful place to see water cascading over rocks. The place just opened up so there was still a lot of wildlife (deer, moose, butterflies, birds of every kind, etc). Fair warning, even on opening weekend, there were quite a few people here even a couple taking wedding pictures. Make the trip...well worth it.

This trail is closed due to snow on the roads. I was told on May 14th that it likely will be open around Memorial Day.

Friday, March 24, 2017

Very easy walk, great for our little family. Beautiful scenery.

Monday, September 12, 2016

Fun little walk. The drive there is beautiful in the fall and the springs are great with well maintained paths.

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Easy hike. Beautiful scenery.

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Not really challenging, but very beautiful.

Monday, August 15, 2016

very easy but great for kids. Completely paved.

Friday, August 05, 2016

Great for little kids very pretty. Short hike! Waterfalls and creeks with bridges.
$6 cash for state park 3 day pass.

Saturday, July 23, 2016

This is a nice little paved trail which goes through and around the springs. Great for families with small children. Love the drive up through American Fork Canyon to get there. You will need to pay to use the grounds. No picnicking allowed, either. The temperature there isn't much different than what you experience in the valley.

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

although this trail starts about 18 miles up American Fork Canyon this place is worth seeing. this is a easy walk for the whole family, the trail is all paved making it easily accessible for strollers and wheel chairs. their are several little waterfalls, pretty yellow flowers and when we were their we even saw a deer.

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

it was nice and easy for the kids that like it alot and hes fun

Wednesday, June 01, 2016

This is a beautiful little walk. It was totally paved. This is a great place to take friends or family that don't actually hike. We saw a moose right off of the trail today.

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Very beautiful. Not strenuous. Just nature at its best

Monday, January 04, 2016

Best for sunrise before the crowds arrive. Great place to enjoy solitude early in the day.