Cascade Springs Interpretive Trail

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(124)
Wasatch Mountain State Park

Cascade Springs Interpretive Trail is a 0.8 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Midway, Utah that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 0.8 miles Elevation Gain: 88 feet Route Type: Loop

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

paved

Note: As of May 2019, there is construction on Cascade Scenic Drive (FH-144) which may cause road closures at time. Please contact Wasatch Mountain State Park or visit their website for more information.

called today and was told the roads will be closed until August

Just tried to do this hike today and the access road is still closed.

Tried to go yesterday but all roads are closed via Wasatch State Park :/. May be another way to get there but it sucked to drive so long for nothing so double check.

I love this easy hike with kids but the roads are closed for construction

I would agree Cascade Springs in Utah is beautiful in Fall! Melanie you gave a good description and I appreciate you touched on color! I just called Sundance Resort, a hop, skip, and jump from the springs, today Octkkber 11, and they told me colors had not started quite yet. This does niot seek right. Then I saw Melanie 's review. Can you clarify that on 2nd colors were.in full-swing?

Amazing short trail, specially now in the fall! I did it with my twins 2 years old and they even ask me to stop! Great place to take pictures!

Beautiful and super easy for kids!

Fall colors as you drive to this trailhead are spectacular right now (Oct 2)! You have to park at the upper parking lot due to road construction. This adds 0.3 mi to the hike (all paved). Very family friendly with lots of benches along the path. Cute bridges with boardwalks and stone steps covered in fallen leaves.

pretty easy little walking trail- you have to use alpine loop to get to it, the other road is closed. water was running high & we saw lots of bees, butterflies, chipmunks and squirrels!

Great walking path for kids! I took my almost two year old and he did all three loops with a little help. Beautiful wildflowers and spring. As of June 26, 2019 the lower parking lot is closed for construction but you can do all three loops from the upper lot.

No picnics allowed! We didn’t know this and had to change our plans once we arrived. Didn’t see any fish but the springs were beautiful as always. Dog loved the little walk

Tue May 28 2019

Right now 05/26/19 the roads are closed and I think the only way you can get there is by 4 wheeler, razor, or horseback. It is beautiful and we are so glad we went. Great for families,

Mon Oct 22 2018

Not a hike, but a gentle walk. Beautiful perfect for elderly or little kids. 3 loops to chose from. Lots of benches to rest and Rockwall areas to sit on too.

Fri Oct 05 2018

Early October colors were the best I’ve ever seen. So much beauty in a extremely kid friendly hiking location. After we left here we took the Alpine Scenic road over to Sundance for lunch at the deli. Incredible place and highly recommended.

Tue Oct 02 2018

I really wanted to love this trail, and I did! great for beginners and photographers who want lots of little streams and mini waterfalls.

Sun Sep 30 2018

I love this place. I always bring my dog and boyfriend to this trip whenever we are available. It’s a very peaceful place to walk around and see pretty plants around the water.

Mon Sep 10 2018

did not expect as a challenging trail but surprisingly amazing place...very relaxing. for sure I'm gonna bring my family next time for new adventure.

Sun Aug 26 2018

Nice displays, easy.

Fri Aug 10 2018

Excellent if you want to escape the smoky valleys right now! The water isn't as clean as I remember as a kid but this makes for the most perfect after work hike/stroll. Mostly completely paved. Stunning views, tranquil waters and perfect temps for summer!

Sat Aug 04 2018

Nice easy trail. Rough drive to get to the trail head.

Fri Aug 03 2018

Not a hike, but nice for a nature walk! Beautiful wild flowers and streams!

Tue Jul 24 2018

wonderful... early morning pleasant

Wed Jul 04 2018

Easy, paved trail. Lots of signs with trail directions. Very pretty.

Fri Jun 29 2018

as of early May, trail closed to vehicles. So sad.

Mon Jun 11 2018

beautiful, great for strolling and leisurely enjoying nature

Tue Jun 05 2018

We've taken the kids a couple of times. Nice easy little nature walk.

Mon May 21 2018

Simple, paved - the dogs loved it.

Tue Oct 17 2017

Very easy paved trail, my kids loved all the bridges. Went this past weekend, and while still pretty, the fall colors are mostly all gone. It wasn't very crowded when we went which was nice. It is quite a drive to get there and I'm not sure it was worth such a long drive.

Sun Oct 15 2017

Very pretty, also very short. We were done and back to our car in about 30 minutes.

Wed Sep 20 2017

This is by no means hiking. It's all on a wooden, man built trail that allows you to walk over the springs. It's like what they built in Yellowstone. It's a lovely walk though and very peaceful. We even spotted wild turkeys!