Cascade Springs Interpretive Trail

Cascade Springs Interpretive Trail is a 0.7 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Midway, Utah that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and scenic driving and is best used from May until October.

wheelchair friendly

scenic driving

Nice area, easy exploring on paved trails and wooden pathways.

I would not describe this as a hike, it's definitely more of a stroll good for families. I went on a Sunday around 5pm in light rain, and even then it was really busy. On a nice Saturday afternoon, it is probably unpleasantly crowded.

However, the surroundings are beautiful! I can see it being magical on an early morning when the weather is nice and there is no one around.

If you are coming from SLC, I would highly recommend approaching along the Alpine Scenic Route as opposed to through Midway, especially if you want to avoid a very long, rocky dirt road full of ATVs and dirt bikes speeding all around you. I drive a Honda Civic and was afraid I'd get stuck in the dirt or run over a thrill-seeker. Plus, the Alpine route is absolutely stunning, definitely my favorite drive in the area!

Nice lush environs to relax in.

Went today (6-1-17) with my nephew. We were pretty much the only people there. It was so beautiful and peaceful. But I bet it gets pretty crowded on the weekends.

Short walk. All paved. Great for kids, and leashed dogs. It's getting hot though because there's not a ton of shade up there. I'd do this in the morning.

Absolutely beautiful place to see water cascading over rocks. The place just opened up so there was still a lot of wildlife (deer, moose, butterflies, birds of every kind, etc). Fair warning, even on opening weekend, there were quite a few people here even a couple taking wedding pictures. Make the trip...well worth it.

This trail is closed due to snow on the roads. I was told on May 14th that it likely will be open around Memorial Day.

Very easy walk, great for our little family. Beautiful scenery.

Fun little walk. The drive there is beautiful in the fall and the springs are great with well maintained paths.

Easy hike. Beautiful scenery.

Not really challenging, but very beautiful.

very easy but great for kids. Completely paved.