Capitol Reef Scenic Drive

Capitol Reef Scenic Drive is a 7.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Torrey, Utah that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for nature trips and scenic driving and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

scenic driving

Capitol Reef Scenic drive leaves the Capitol reef visitor center and travels through the Capitol Reef NP. There is a fee to make the trip, but there are many hikes and other recreational opportunities along the drive.

Beautiful drive. We made a few stops along the way and ate dinner at the picnic area at Capitol Gorge. We were lucky enough to be there while the sun was setting and the colors were absolutely gorgeous.

scenic driving

Beautiful scenic drive with a couple of trails to hike along the way. Great area to spend a few hours or the entire day. Be sure to bring a lot of water in the summer. For one of the only times in my life I ran out of water. I was lucky for me there had been a storm recently and there user puddles of water in the rocks. I was able to suck some water and was fortunate to not get sick.

scenic driving

The scenic drive takes through the core of Capitol Reef NP. Admission fee is required, but spend the day along the road doing hikes, picnicking and you will find it worth it.