Cable Mountain Trail

Cable Mountain Trail is a 7.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Hurricane, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October.

Fantastic hike! Easy and relatively short. We stayed at Ponderosa and drove over to trailhead. 3.5 hours total roundtrip. The view from the cable housing quite literally took my breath away. The remains of the draw works and the history of it were very interesting. I highly recommend this hike.

Amazing history which was fun to share with my children. Amazing views and enjoyable hike!

If you love solitude and an epic view after hiking this trail is for you. Don’t plan on spectacular sights during the trip out. It is very quiet and nice to get away from the crowds. Bring plenty of water. The spring was barely running. I could see this hike being brutal in the middle of the summer in the afternoon. The hike out in the morning was enjoyable with some wind and the hike back got warm. I saw a total of 6 people on the trail.

Went up by Weeping Rock, and this is my favorite hike in the Zion National Park. Once you break off from the observation point path, the crowds disappear. This hike is truly beautiful and well worth it, and the views from the top are one in a million

Probably my favorite trail in the main Zion Canyon. You get a bit of everything and escape the crowds. Accessible by the shuttle as well.

Saturday, July 29, 2017

At sunrise I began the trail and it was quiet and peaceful. I only met one other group hiking. This trail has easy grades and the overlook is amazing. Well worth the hike.

Friday, March 18, 2016

The views once you get to the Cable structure are awesome. We loved the trail because there is very little use and the wildlife (turkeys, deer, birds) in the wilderness you traverse is plentiful. Enter from Old County rd to Stave Springs / East Rim Trails. It saves 10 miles of trail.

Sunday, December 09, 2012

So many options to getting there. The views are outstanding. You can look down on Angels Landing and see the switchbacks to Observation point. The old draw works are still standing and looks to of had some restoration. I can't wait to go back in the spring when all the leaves are on and the wildflowers blooming. I will do this hike more often. Didn't see any other hikers at all on the trail.

Friday, May 12, 2017