Butler Fork to Gobblers Knob Trail

Butler Fork to Gobblers Knob Trail is a 7.6 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October.

Gorgeous and a must do in the wasatch. Combine with Raymond’s peak as well.

First mile and distance from the saddle to the top was pretty steep. And the top was freezing cold! All worth the time and effort. Took us about 5 hours total. Many false peaks, so keep going until you actually can’t go up any more. Would love to do mount Raymond (which is left at the fork when you get to the saddle) but could probably do both goblers and Raymond in one day if you wanted to put in an extra hour.

Hiked 8.25.17

BEAUTIFUL VIEWS from Gobbler’s Knob! One of my favorite hikes I’ve done in the area and totally worth the butt kicking the trail gave me. :)

I hike a lot, but this is the most elevation gain I’d done on a hike and it was intense. Took me 2 hours to get to the top.

Beautiful wildflowers and I only saw one other person on the trail but it was a Tuesday. This is a quad burner in places, especially from the saddle to summit, but the views are amazing. My strava said 10.2 miles. About 4 hours total time but I stopped at lot on the way up to take pictures. I trail ran most of the descent and it only took me little over an hour. Next time I'm going to summit Raymond.

Great hike! First off, I'm with the review below—this trail is NOT moderate. It should be rated as hard. The trail up to Gobbler's Knob begins steep and ends even steeper. But the views of the canyon are glorious, and there are tons of wildflowers throughout the entire hike. I really enjoyed this trail and will definitely be back again.

Great Hike. I would rate that as hard, in terms of difficulty. First mile is straight up. It's about 7.9 miles.

Beautiful day! Very few people on the trail and I had the summit to myself. Worth the climb.

Great hike, but it should be rated as hard...

Gorgeous hike! Very steep, pay attention to where you are supposed to be or you will end up in the wrong place.

The start is a nice steep burn and getting to the summit is a little grueling. A couple false peaks but you are almost there. Stunning views. Worth the hard work!

Super fun and longer then it appears

Ankle to shin-deep snow at the ascent to the first ridge, then the ridge trail is easy to follow up to the gobblers knob split. Going up to the saddle, the trail disappears under the snow for the remainder of the trail, so I used the AllTrails app and followed the general direction with GPS. Had to turn around 0.4mi from the summit due to dangerous snow chutes.
Could have benefited from micro spike traction in the snow.

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Nice views from the top. Climbed the alternate route from Millcreek Canyon

Sunday, September 18, 2016

beautiful. difficult.

Sunday, September 04, 2016

Tougher than expected. I think of this one in three parts - steep first 1/2 mile, flatter middle section, steep climb together the peak. Had a great time, and it's a beautiful hike. I agree with the other reviews that the 7.6 round trip seems short.

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Excellent hike.

Tuesday, August 09, 2016

Totally not a hike to do after a long day of work, really strenuous. Not a lot of breaks, I found there was a lot of false peaks but BEAUTIFUL. So worth it, just be prepped for a long one.

Sunday, August 07, 2016

SOOO beautiful!!! Hiked up earlier this morning and made it about 1/4 mile past the Gobblers Knob/Dog Lake sign junction heading up towards Dog Lake. Had to head out prematurely due to an electrical storm quickly coming in on us.

The first 1/4 mile off the trailhead is STEEP!!! Wowza, after that, its a gentle uphill grade.

Really enjoyed it and got in a solid hour of a hiking workout in the beautiful forest!

Friday, July 29, 2016

Gorgeous hike. The trail just got widened. If you hike in the morning you will stay on the shadow side of the mountain the whole hike and it's nice and cool.