Butler Fork to Gobblers Knob Trail is a 7.4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October.

Nice trail beautiful scenery. Saw some deer. The trail was snowy and slick in some parts, wear good boots. 10/21/18

Fantastic hike in the snow. Few people and amazing views.

Went yesterday between some rain storms this week. What an amazing hike. Ate lunch on the hip between Raymond and Gobblers in the snow. Including lunch and a stop at the top to change socks, it was 2.5 hours up. I'm not much of a trail runner but I ended up running down most of it so I was back in just shy of 1 hour. This will become an annual fall hike for sure.

Loved this hike! The trail is a bit steep at the beginning, then ascends at a pretty mellow pace for the majority of the hike. Just before the false summit, it picks up again but not for too long.
Wildflowers are beautiful this time of year, but the trail is a touch overgrown so be careful if you’re allergic to bees, they hang out pretty close to you. We didn’t have an issue with them at all.

Amazing panoramic views. Vegetation very dense currently. Steep but worth it.

Great hike, quite steep! Well placed switchbacks and the wildflowers were gorgeous

SNAKES! lots of them

Its a long one and I highly recommend starting early to beat the heat. It is a continuos climb the whole 4 miles up. I felt it leveled out enough so it didn't kill you but when I was heading back down I couldn't believe how steep I climbed. My knees were not happy coming down. The trail is wide enough for you to walk through. I was using poles and had some trouble with them getting stuck in the growth at times. The worst part is the last bit reaching the false summit (yes, that is a joy) and reaching the summit. The views are amazing though and if you are up for a killer hike this is for you.

Did this a second weekend in a row! No moose this time, but the hike is always a great one to do!

Did this one month ago and couldn't get to the top because snow was hiding the trail. All clear today and it was gorgeous!

That was beautiful! Absolutely brutal when carrying a toddler but worth it.

Amazing views from the top. There are still some cornices you have hike over or around. The last push to the top is a real beast.

Still some snow near the top on 5/26/2018, lots of flowers down below. I'd disagree with the moderate rating though. I thought it was pretty hard. It took me six hours and I was pooped when we got back to the car.

Gorgeous, steep hike! Aspens don’t have leaves yet at the top, so waiting a couple weeks would provide a bit more greenery, but most of the hike was green and lovely. Awesome views, and great hiking so much of the way next to the stream. Saw many beautiful birds, a moose with two babies, and deer next to the path. Also bagged Circle All Peak on the way up.

OMG! I ended up on this trail instead of Butler Fork Loop, and I almost made it to the top. What stopped me? The snow as I ascended the first false summit. Great hike!

Gorgeous and a must do in the wasatch. Combine with Raymond’s peak as well.

Monday, November 06, 2017

First mile and distance from the saddle to the top was pretty steep. And the top was freezing cold! All worth the time and effort. Took us about 5 hours total. Many false peaks, so keep going until you actually can’t go up any more. Would love to do mount Raymond (which is left at the fork when you get to the saddle) but could probably do both goblers and Raymond in one day if you wanted to put in an extra hour.

Monday, November 06, 2017

Hiked 8.25.17

BEAUTIFUL VIEWS from Gobbler’s Knob! One of my favorite hikes I’ve done in the area and totally worth the butt kicking the trail gave me. :)

I hike a lot, but this is the most elevation gain I’d done on a hike and it was intense. Took me 2 hours to get to the top.

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Wednesday, August 09, 2017

Beautiful wildflowers and I only saw one other person on the trail but it was a Tuesday. This is a quad burner in places, especially from the saddle to summit, but the views are amazing. My strava said 10.2 miles. About 4 hours total time but I stopped at lot on the way up to take pictures. I trail ran most of the descent and it only took me little over an hour. Next time I'm going to summit Raymond.

Sunday, July 23, 2017

Great hike! First off, I'm with the review below—this trail is NOT moderate. It should be rated as hard. The trail up to Gobbler's Knob begins steep and ends even steeper. But the views of the canyon are glorious, and there are tons of wildflowers throughout the entire hike. I really enjoyed this trail and will definitely be back again.

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Great Hike. I would rate that as hard, in terms of difficulty. First mile is straight up. It's about 7.9 miles.

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Beautiful day! Very few people on the trail and I had the summit to myself. Worth the climb.

Saturday, July 15, 2017

Great hike, but it should be rated as hard...

Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Gorgeous hike! Very steep, pay attention to where you are supposed to be or you will end up in the wrong place.

Monday, June 12, 2017

The start is a nice steep burn and getting to the summit is a little grueling. A couple false peaks but you are almost there. Stunning views. Worth the hard work!

Monday, May 29, 2017

Super fun and longer then it appears

Monday, May 22, 2017

Ankle to shin-deep snow at the ascent to the first ridge, then the ridge trail is easy to follow up to the gobblers knob split. Going up to the saddle, the trail disappears under the snow for the remainder of the trail, so I used the AllTrails app and followed the general direction with GPS. Had to turn around 0.4mi from the summit due to dangerous snow chutes.
Could have benefited from micro spike traction in the snow.

Sunday, October 30, 2016