Bullet Canyon Trail to Grand Gulch and Kane Gulch

Bullet Canyon Trail to Grand Gulch and Kane Gulch is a 20 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Blanding, Utah that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until November.

Point to Point

This was chalk full of ruins and rock art! The hike itself wasn’t a lot of elevation gain but long. We Stayed overnight 2 nights. Water is scarce even in the spring so make sure you bring a good water filter. I could see this getting really hot in the summer. We got a little lost before Sheiks canyon and if I ever did this again I’d make sure I had a gps that I could run constantly. Seriously amazing to see all the ancient ruins. Also people were few and far between which was great. We only saw two other people on our second day.

An amazing place to experience, with limited people and ample water at the end of March. I detoured off course to spend the first night at the mouth of Green House Canyon, 2.5 miles west from the confluence of Bullet and Grand, before getting water at Green House Spring and then backtracking to complete the route.

Four days seemed about right for this trip, in which I logged a total of 38 miles in-canyon with my planned detour and numerous side trips to the Anasazi ruins along the way.

Great trail. Give yourself 4 days to do the trip. There are a ton of side hikes to different ruins that you won't want to miss. Also be sure to fill up water every opportunity you get. We were drinking out of scarcely found puddles the entire trip.

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Spent 5 days backpacking with a group! Beautiful area and slow at this time of the season

Monday, March 13, 2017

Incredible primitive area in Utah. Spent 19 days out here backpacking 80 miles thru all of Slickhorn Canyon and Grand Gulch. Spectacular place for absolute solitude.

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Amazing and according to my GPS closer to 28 miles from Kane Gulch trailhead to bullet Canyon trailhead.

Friday, July 06, 2012