Buffalo Peak Trail

Buffalo Peak Trail is a 1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Provo, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

ROAD CLOSED FOR WINTER

Very beautiful hike and great for kids!

I am the kind of person that considers a hike to be walking on a paved path beside a water bed. So this was going out of my comfort zone. I’m not in shape, and I am anemic so hiking is difficult for me.

The trail was easy the whole way until the last 100 feet or so. I stopped maybe 5-6 times to catch my breath before I made it to the top...so if I can do it you can too!

The scenery was gorgeous, views were beautiful. You won’t be disappointed. I noticed that the very top didn’t have much a view though...the best point is the landing right before the last climb. That’s actually where you’ll find the best view.

We drove up to the trail in our Jetta and didn’t pop a tire so if you are going in a car just take it slow and you should be fine.

Loved doing this hike at sunset!

Short hike and great views of Provo and the surrounding area. The dirt road getting up to the trail is rough, so make sure whatever you're driving can handle the bumpy dirt road.

Beautiful trail and views! Short easy hike, great if your short on time. The road getting there is a dirt road and is quite bumpy so make sure your car can handle it

It was a good trail, very easy, not hard at all. If it was longer, it'd have been challenging. You should try to time the hike so you summit at sunset, otherwise it isn't that pretty. I also don't like that it overlooks the city which is kind of the opposite of what I want to see on a hike.

Super fun, super short trail with some great scenic views. The last little bit is the hardest, but it doesn't last long. We went before sunrise and got some beautiful pictures to the south of the sunrise.

The best view for the shortest amount of hike time...it was awesome

Amazing view from the top. Never realized a peak in Utah county provided a view of Utah Lake and Salt Lake both. Awesome sunset!

great for kids! a bit steep at the end climb for 3 year old but with a hand to hold she made it! views were beautiful!

Beautiful hike that is not difficult but has many wildflowers, overlooks, and a beautiful view at the top. There are several ways to get to the top so having this AllTrails app handy helped with navigation. We went last Saturday mid-morning and passed probably seven other small groups. We also saw a dead rattlesnake on the path and so were glad we wore long pants. Excellent weather this time of year and some shade cover. We saw a few little kids (ages 5 or 6) on the summit with us and they seemed to do great!

This hike was very easy! Like said in other reviews the last stretch is completely an incline uphill! But the views on this hike make up for it!!! The drive up is longer than the hike and a dirt road leads the way for about 3 miles (for car care).

Really nice, short summit hike. I enjoyed the views the entire little way. Yes it got a tad steep at the end on loose rock, but we did it. And we had a 4 year old and a 2 year old. The kids loved it. We went midday in June and it was breezy and we didn't have bug problems

Road was fine, I could have driven a smart car up it!

Nice little hike. The last part up to the top is steep and some loose rock. Beautiful views.

Quick and easy hike. A nice way to start off the hiking season.

Such a fun little hike. We took my daughters and nephews. There were parts that were pretty steep, but because it was so short it was really doable with the kids. They loved it when we got to the top and we told them they bagged their first peak. Haha. Great views and really just a good, fun time.

Short hike to great views!