Buffalo Peak Trail

Buffalo Peak Trail is a 0.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Provo, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

29 minutes ago

Pretty easy hike, although the hike up to the peak was a little rocky and a tad more difficult than I was expecting but it was still relatively easy! Beautiful views and incredibly pretty wildflowers along the trail!

lots of fun. breathtaking views. good trail.

Short but an excellent view. A little hard to find the trailhead- there were two or three times before the actual start that we thought was the beginning. It really is about a 30 minute drive up the road.

The road is open and there was no snow!

Gorgeous. We went up in the afternoon and stayed while the sun set. It's a very short hike, great for dogs!

A really pretty hike with incredible views! It was really easy in my opinion.

Road still closed, but go soon to see the wild flowers!

ROAD CLOSED FOR WINTER

Very beautiful hike and great for kids!

I am the kind of person that considers a hike to be walking on a paved path beside a water bed. So this was going out of my comfort zone. I’m not in shape, and I am anemic so hiking is difficult for me.

The trail was easy the whole way until the last 100 feet or so. I stopped maybe 5-6 times to catch my breath before I made it to the top...so if I can do it you can too!

The scenery was gorgeous, views were beautiful. You won’t be disappointed. I noticed that the very top didn’t have much a view though...the best point is the landing right before the last climb. That’s actually where you’ll find the best view.

We drove up to the trail in our Jetta and didn’t pop a tire so if you are going in a car just take it slow and you should be fine.

Loved doing this hike at sunset!

Short hike and great views of Provo and the surrounding area. The dirt road getting up to the trail is rough, so make sure whatever you're driving can handle the bumpy dirt road.

Beautiful trail and views! Short easy hike, great if your short on time. The road getting there is a dirt road and is quite bumpy so make sure your car can handle it

It was a good trail, very easy, not hard at all. If it was longer, it'd have been challenging. You should try to time the hike so you summit at sunset, otherwise it isn't that pretty. I also don't like that it overlooks the city which is kind of the opposite of what I want to see on a hike.

Super fun, super short trail with some great scenic views. The last little bit is the hardest, but it doesn't last long. We went before sunrise and got some beautiful pictures to the south of the sunrise.

The best view for the shortest amount of hike time...it was awesome

Amazing view from the top. Never realized a peak in Utah county provided a view of Utah Lake and Salt Lake both. Awesome sunset!

great for kids! a bit steep at the end climb for 3 year old but with a hand to hold she made it! views were beautiful!

Beautiful hike that is not difficult but has many wildflowers, overlooks, and a beautiful view at the top. There are several ways to get to the top so having this AllTrails app handy helped with navigation. We went last Saturday mid-morning and passed probably seven other small groups. We also saw a dead rattlesnake on the path and so were glad we wore long pants. Excellent weather this time of year and some shade cover. We saw a few little kids (ages 5 or 6) on the summit with us and they seemed to do great!

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Saturday, June 10, 2017

This hike was very easy! Like said in other reviews the last stretch is completely an incline uphill! But the views on this hike make up for it!!! The drive up is longer than the hike and a dirt road leads the way for about 3 miles (for car care).

Friday, June 09, 2017

Really nice, short summit hike. I enjoyed the views the entire little way. Yes it got a tad steep at the end on loose rock, but we did it. And we had a 4 year old and a 2 year old. The kids loved it. We went midday in June and it was breezy and we didn't have bug problems

Road was fine, I could have driven a smart car up it!

Thursday, June 01, 2017

Nice little hike. The last part up to the top is steep and some loose rock. Beautiful views.

Monday, May 29, 2017

Quick and easy hike. A nice way to start off the hiking season.

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Such a fun little hike. We took my daughters and nephews. There were parts that were pretty steep, but because it was so short it was really doable with the kids. They loved it when we got to the top and we told them they bagged their first peak. Haha. Great views and really just a good, fun time.

Friday, May 26, 2017

Short hike to great views!

Monday, April 17, 2017

hiked this from the squaw peak overlook TH yesterday. Fairly easy hike, climbed about 1300 vertical feet going out 2 miles. Great views of the Provo/Orem and Utah Lake area below the mountain. Hiked through snow starting about a mile from the TH at 7200'. Walked back on the road which was also covered in snow and closed to all but ATV/snowmobile vehicles. Great place for sledding and cross country skiing.

Sunday, October 16, 2016

This was a really fun short hike for the whole family. The trail was nice and there was a steep climb towards the end but totally worth it! The views were incredible of Utah Lake and the valley! There were several areas set up for campfires, something we will be back here to do next time. When you are driving up you hit a gravel road which is bumpy and takes a good 20 minutes until you hit the trailhead which is on your right. Our mid sized crossover made it up there just fine and we saw a lot of non 4WD vehicles up there as well so don't worry! Great hike, definitely will do this again!

Monday, October 10, 2016

This was a relatively easy trail, except for the very end where it gets pretty steep. The terrain at the end also can be a little slippery. But overall, this is an easy trail you could knock out in less than an hour. The views are absolutely stunning.