Fall Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Bryce Canyon Rim Trail

Bryce Canyon Rim Trail is a 10.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Tropic, Utah that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is best used from March until November.

Distance: 10.7 miles Elevation Gain: 1,587 feet Route Type: Out & Back

partially paved

Rim Trail has 2 main routes. First is a paved trail that connects Sunrise and Sunset Points. It is an easy trail, that is fairly level, that has spectacular views of the hoodoos in the area. The entire trail runs from Fairyland Point to Bryce Point, which is a much more difficult trail. The "easy" portion of the trail between Sunrise and Sunset points is flat and paved. It is approximately .9 miles and shouldn't take more than 40 minutes if you take your time. The "moderate" portion connects Fairyland Point and Bryce Point. it is 5.5 miles long, and has some serious elevation changes. This part can be done either with a two car shuttle hiking Bryce to Fairyland, or by parking at the Shuttle Station (in season), shuttling to Bryce Point, then walking north (generally descending) to Fairyland point, and finally walking a mile down the paved Fairyland Point spur road to the main road and flagging down the free Shuttle Bus back to your vehicle (the free Park Shuttle will stop at the spur road, though there is no shuttle stop and you need to wave down the driver to get on)

I enjoyed this trail very much! It was super easy to follow and well maintained. I drove to Fairyland Point where I then hiked 5.5 miles to the end of the trail at Bryce Point. I then caught the free shuttle back to the Lodge and rode my bike back down to Fairyland Point to pick up my car, as I did not want to walk 5.5 miles back down to my car. You see many of the major viewpoints on this trail and it can easily be shortened depending on how much you'd like to hike! A must do while at the Canyon!

Lose the crowds in under a quarter mile. But don't tell anyone. Epic.

Excellent views Easy to follow 1.5 mile Bryce Point to Inspiration Point.

my favorite trail at Bryce. A lot of vantage points and not super hard, less crowded than others.

This was the only part of Byrce open when we were there in late March. Hiked in the snow, got soaking wet feet, but it was totally worth it. Sunset over Fairyland point in particular awesome.

Great point to point hike with some fantastic views throughout, and the shuttle buses make it easy to do any section that you want between Bryce Point and North Campground. When we visited, mid-May, the buses didn't go to Fairyland Point though. We did the hike in two in sections, first Bryce to Sunrise Point and Fairyland to Sunrise the next day in the morning as a part of the Fairyland Loop. Be aware that the lot at Fairyland Point is quite small, so come early.

Excellent views,

We hiked sections of this trail as part of other hikes we did. We were able to cover fairyland point to sunrise point. And sunset point to inspiration point. Everything beyond inspiration point was closed when we went to we basically did most of the trail that was actually open. This hike was not as flat as I expected, If you go in the direction of fairyland to inspiration, it is mostly uphill. Although the trail does have ascents and descents throughout. You get to see the sweeping vistas of the entire amphitheatre and is a good orientation trail to the park. Probably the best viewpoint we saw was inspiration point. We did that around sunset which gave us nice color. However, i do think the sunrise colors are better in the park than at sunset. We saw the sunrise at sunrise point and it hits the rock perfectly. So if you want to see awesome colors, try sunrise instead of sunset! Overall this was a great trail that we thoroughly enjoyed. Mornings and evenings were great, much less crowded. I’m sure it is swamped with families in the afternoon. A must do on any trip to Bryce!

Great views of the hoodoos and a pretty great overall view of the canyon. Weather was perfect today, a nice breeze but sunny. Several in our party got sun/wind burn, and be sure to prepare for the changes in temperature. The reasons I didn't give it a 5-star rating is because even though we are early in the season AND its midweek, its still pretty crowded for my taste. second, there are some pretty steep elevation gains, so expect that. We are experienced hikers, and still had to stop and rest more than usual. We went to the Bryce Point, about halfway, it took us about 2.5 hours. On the plus side, besides the obvious spectacular scenery, its fun to interact with people from other countries, there are restrooms all along the way, and you can actually drive to the scenic points if youre not into heavy breathing. Overall, a pretty good one.

We were limited to trails above the rim because of the amount of snow on the ground. Hiking through snow and mud is a lot harder than it sounds but the views were breathtaking. Still able to do a the “I hiked the Hoodoos” challenge.

Canyon was mostly closed due to snowy conditions. The rim was open sunrise to inspiration. Fun to hike in the snow! Amazing views. A little crowded but again it was the only trail open.

Pretty awesome view of the entire canyon. As of 3/29 everything below the rim was closed for hiking due to snow. Rim hike from inspiration point to sunrise point was open though which is fun.

It was cool to see, but the rim has the same views the entire time.

Great way to see the canyon as a whole. Start at sunset point for a slight drop in elevation along the route

Low visibility throughout the canyon. Started at Bryce point. Great views when the the sun poked through!

Saturday, September 15, 2018

Did Bryce Pt to Sunset. Great views easy trip.

Monday, July 30, 2018

Hiked only a section of this wonderful trail

Friday, June 29, 2018

My dad has mobility issues and this was a great trail where he could navigate his scooter.

Sunday, June 24, 2018

Traveled from Bryce Point to Sunrise- truly amazing views.

Thursday, April 26, 2018

Great views, obviously, but the crowds, proximity to parking lots, etc. ruin what could be a special trail. Very easy walking. Well suited for people who consider established campgrounds as being "outdoors" or who cannot descend below the rim and climb back out; there are a multitude of easy bailing points via shuttle stops.

Wednesday, April 25, 2018

I ended up doing most of this in several strech going down there. It offers great view, but if you have the legs, go down there! Anyway, great views.

Friday, February 16, 2018

I walked between Sunrise and Sunset Points. This is flat, paved and offers awesome views. It was about 1 mile back and forth. Maybe someday I will do the entire path.

Thursday, November 30, 2017

The Rim Trail can be somewhat confusing for visitors - the part most visitors to the park see is just the 0.5 mile section between Sunrise and Sunset Points, which is paved, allows dogs on leash, and tends to be the most visited part of the park, but the much longer full Rim Trail from Bryce to Fairyland is also very nice and somewhat less strenuous than descending into the Amphitheater - the best longer approach is to park at the Shuttle Station, take the free Park Shuttle (in season) all the way UP to Bryce Point, then descend along the rim via Inspiration, Sunset, Sunrise, and Fairyland Points, ending with a mile long stroll on the level paved spur road from Fairyland Point back to the main drag, where you may flag down the shuttle back to your vehicle (about 5.5 miles plus 1.0 miles on the spur road), OR if that is more than you care to take on, park in Overflow Parking next to the Visitor Center, take the shuttle UP to Bryce Point, then walk the Rim Trail down past Inspiration, Sunset, and Sunrise Points, and walk the paved, level Multiuse Path 0.7 miles back to your vehicle (about 3.4 miles total, including the Multiuse Path)

Tuesday, November 28, 2017

It feels like you are in a Star Wars scene. Beautiful landscapes , beautiful rock formations. Worth the hike ! Pack lots of water, good shoes because you will get tired and out of breath. Worth the view!

Wednesday, November 01, 2017

Amazing view. The wind helps to cool down during summer time. Not too crowded at all when I went for 4th of July.

Sunday, October 22, 2017

Beautiful views from some of the highest points in the park. An absolute must!