Broken Arch Trail

Broken Arch Trail is a 1.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Moab, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

A short pleasant hike through the sand and sage of Arches NP This is a pleasant hike through the basin between sandstone upthrusts to another of Arches NP's pretty arches. This Arch can also be reached from the Devils Garden campground. Good views of the surrounding upthrusts of sandstone and of the desert flora and fauna.

Overlooked but easy and beautiful!

Great arches. But be prepared for walking through a bit of sand and there is very little shade on the trail. Bring water.

Nice hike but gotta walk through arch to continue to next arch pay attention to signs...take plenty of water

Loved it!!

So awesome. Hike it counterclockwise. Start at campsite 51.

Fantastic loop hike for families.... some nice, easy, level places, and also some scrambling - on rocks, and going through the arch. I suggest you start at campsite 51, and not necessarily at the main trail head. Look for rock stacks to keep you on track. We were able to do it with our kids: 7, 10, 15, and 17. I probably wouldn’t attempt it with much younger kids. Go in the morning and you’ll almost have the trail to yourself. :)

Pleasant, Broken Arch was pretty. Very scenic views of the La Sal mountains. Tapestry Arch was less interesting.

Easy quick hike

Like this hike for a simple young family hike. Arch is more amazing than pics depict

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Really easy hike with great views. Nowhere near the crowds that were at other trails like Delicate Arch. My personal favorite in the park.

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Easy and beautiful trail

Sunday, June 04, 2017

I enjoyed this hike. A lot of sand, so be ready to dump your hiking boots at the end of the trek. I recommend LOTS of water. You spend more time in the open sun.

Friday, May 05, 2017

Do the whole trail, including Tapestry Arch, the last part does require lots of rock scrambling

Tuesday, May 02, 2017

This is an easy hike. If you go through the arch it is kind of tricky for some people who are afraid to climb up rocks. If you continue through the arch, you can make your way to the Tapestry arch. It is beautiful.

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Nice loop trail. Scenery far more than just the arch.

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Beautiful views along the way.

Wednesday, February 01, 2017

Very flat easy walk from the sand dunes parking lot. It was cold and muddy in January, lots of ice and snow that made mud pits along the way. The Arch is beautiful and sneaks up on you! Not hard to climb into, but be careful- the dead tree "step" is slick from everyone stepping on it.

Monday, September 05, 2016

We spent two days recently exploring Arches NP. Of all the hikes we did, this was our favorite. With two 5 year olds and a 3 year old, most of the other hikes we did were short (sand dune arch, balanced rock) Broken arch felt most secluded and wild. The first half or so of the hike is easy going, pretty much level with some spectacular views of the (La Sal?) mountains in the distance. Cairns mark the path as the trails crosses bare sandstone. Juniper trees often intersect the trail for shade if needed. Once at the arch, take a rest and soak in the amazing geological formation above you. This may be the only easily accessible arch in the park you may have to yourself. The trail continues through the art and instead of a mostly flat trail, a fair amount of "climbing" is needed as you get close and personal with the sandstone. I don't mean this to sound difficult. I had our 3 year old in a carrier on my back and the five year olds managed just fine with only a little help. Broken Arch trail was short enough for the little ones, yet wild enough to get a real experience of this unique landscape. To paraphrase Abbey, " you will get more out of one mile on foot than 100 miles in a vehicle on paved roads".

Monday, July 18, 2016

awesome

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

We started and ended at Sand Dune Arch trailhead. Last fall it wasn't too busy until the weekend when I took my other kids back and there were people everywhere trying to climb on top (which is illegal!) Sad to see such dangerous and thoughtless behavior. If you want to climb on arches please go to McDonalds so you don't destroy something that's been forming for millions of years.

Thursday, June 09, 2016

Great hike and very easy out to broken arch! We did it right before sunset and it was beautiful.

Sunday, February 28, 2016

nice easy hike. I saw my first wild life while out on the trail, some deer. i combined this hike with sand arch and tapestry arch

Monday, February 01, 2016

Beautiful easy walk, it was early August, but there was a perfect breeze. The park was pretty busy that day, anywhere else we went to was crowded except this trail, as soon as we got to the broken arch, my fiancé at the time proposed, and about 1 minute later we saw a hiker who took our photo! So I have to rate this with 5 stars :)

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Broken arch was pretty cool to me. One of the spurs to take while in Devil's Garden trail.

Thursday, July 09, 2015

I enjoyed this hike to the arch. Nothing hard about it.

Sunday, May 03, 2015

Fun hike, can start at either Sand Dune arch trailhead or the Devils Garden campground.

Sunday, May 03, 2015

Fun hike. We started at the Sand Dune Arch trailhead and hiked through the desert to the arch. The trail actually goes through the arch.

Monday, February 02, 2015

We just did this hike yesterday, again. It is one of our favorite hikes in the park. Started out at Sand Dune Arch. This time of the year we had the entire trail to ourselves. But the crowds will start returning in March.

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Started at Sand Dune Arch for the trail loop. Extremely windy day so bypassed Sand Dune and went to Broken Arch then Tapestry Arch. Only a few people on the trail.

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

This loop starts and ends at the campground. It passes Tapestry Arch which isn't on any of the literature I received at the park entrance if you go clockwise. The trail continues to and thru Broken Arch. There is a junction where you can go a short distance to Sand Dune Arch or return back to the campground. There is a moderately steep climb midway between the trail junction and the campground and the train ends in the circle at the end of the road