Broads Fork Trail

Broads Fork Trail is a 5.2 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 5.2 miles Elevation Gain: 2,116 feet Route Type: Out & Back

cave

Please Note: No dogs allowed. This lake is part of the protected Big Cottonwood Canyon watershed, so swimming in any lake or river is prohibited. This is a beautiful, steep trail following a raging creek in the spring. It has relatively little traffic, and lots of shade relative to many Salt Lake hikes. The trail ends near a pond in a high valley.

Great winter hike with amazing views up top. Definitely gonna need spikes and also snowshoes for the last 1/2 mile. Very steep with deep snow.

Incredible hike! Went up 12/15 and most of the path was packed enough for boots/spike. Fresh powder and mountain lion footprints all over the trail. The last half mile the trail disappears in which you must track through deep snow if you don’t have snow shoes. Very difficult taking me an hour and half to get through the last portion due to snow. Totally worth it as you pretty much have the mountain to yourself. Only ran into one other person on the trail (they were appropriately equipped with snow shoes and only sinking 5-7 inches - I’d sink at time to my waist, haha). Nice views all around. Didn’t see the cat on the trail but when driving out it crossed the road right in front of me!

This trail is a hidden treasure! The forest is stunning! Definitely need spikes! The beaver dams are super cool.

Gradual elevation gain all through the hike. please wear micro spikes. There is lots of snow.

This was amazing! Best hike. The view is incredible. Steady and challenging incline. The decline is slippery so i would wear proper shoes/gear and bring hiking poles. Saw some possible moose/bear tracks as well but no animals. Would definitely recommend!

This was a great challenging hike. Lots of snow on the ground made the incline a bit harder but the view was definitely worth it. We will be coming back next season!

Hiked this for the 1st time Sunday. Trail head shares parking with Lake Blanche, so get there early for a good parking spot. Started around 9:30am and returned around 1:30pm (spent a decent amount of time at the ending point.) Pretty steady incline the entire way up. Nice challenge. Pretty shaded. Saw 1/2 dozen deer on the way up. Ran into a cow and her calf on the way down.

Going up this trail felt like climbing a stair master. It’s a lot of vertical in not a lot of distance, so be warned! The aspens are unfortunately no longer yellow, but brown. Still a pretty hike nonetheless! Easy to follow the trail and awesome views at the top.

This is one of my favorite hikes. I haven’t been in awhile but some of these reviews say the view isn’t worth it- I strongly disagree! This hike is breathtaking in all the right ways- for the workout and the view. It’s the not the easiest but the payoff is beautiful and secluded. If you go to the right sometimes there is a nice little lake you can look down on. If you go to the left, you can go down and follow an overgrown trail that leads up the stream. I didn’t make it very far that way, but I did see some moose over there!

Fantastic fun trail. In my opinion this is steeper than Lake Blanche. beautiful views at the top of all the peaks.

When we got to the top, I literally said, "Oh wow." The light dusting of snow really makes a difference on the view at the top, making the hike absolutely worth it. There's a lot of up, and it's rocky, but it was also well shaded and there were few people around. Patches of snow, but nothing big.

Not too crowded, but views are kind of meh.

This was a good trail but not one of my faves. I loved the waterfalls but no cave. And the waterfalls I saw were at half way and before. The veiw up top was pretty but didn't take my breathe away. Blanche was definitely harder but way unbelievably breathe taking. Definitely wear hiking boots. The rocks hurt my feet.

Fun quick hike that was sent quite as much of a commitment as Lake Blanche. Fall colors are not quite there yet (Lots of Green). Probably need another 2-3 weeks for really good folliage.

Easy to follow trail. Lots of forks where I stopped about 2.6 miles in. Saw 3 moose.

Gorgeous hike! Still quite a few wildflowers. We hike Lake Blanche regularly and I do not think this hike should be rated hard if Blanche isn’t. They felt very similar in vertical climb. This hike was a little shorter. We clocked it at about 6 miles rt. Spectacular views from the meadow at the top.

I forget how steep but pretty this trail is plus shady as well. I reached the meadow and decided to take the trail on the right...thought I could make a loop but ended up bushwacking my way back to the trail since it was hard to see a trail by the water. Oh well, it was an adventure. Saw 2 moose in the aspens while descending from the meadow area. Very cool!

Beautiful scenery. A lot of wildflowers.

Perfect hike for summer, as the majority of the trail is in the shade. The wildflowers are really beautiful right now after all of the rain. Saw a moose right off the trail. Strava clocked this at 5.7 miles, and 2,197’ of vert. Took us about three hours moving at a moderate pace, including spending about 25 minutes at the top.

Always beautiful up Broads Fork. Ran into two moose right on the trail on the way down, had to bushwhack around them cause moose never move for anyone ever! Outran the thunderstorm too, so I call that a great evening hike!