Broads Fork Trail is a 4.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

cave

Please Note: No dogs allowed. This lake is part of the protected Big Cottonwood Canyon watershed, so swimming in any lake or river is prohibited. This is a beautiful, steep trail following a raging creek in the spring. It has relatively little traffic, and lots of shade relative to many Salt Lake hikes. The trail ends near a pond in a high valley.

Great hike today. Some snow, no moose today. Saw 2 different 3point buck and plenty of doe. Took 1.5hrs to reach beaver dam, snowed on us throughout the hike. Very slick in some areas, trekking poles helped.

Hiked 11/5 and went all the way up to mt O’Sullivan. Didn’t need crimpons at all unless you go up past the meadow. If you go past the upper meadow tread cautiously as there are thin layers of snow on the rocks and it can be slippery. Way up high snowshoes helped as there was 2 feet plus of snow. Gorgeous this time of year.

Beautiful hike! Very well marked and a good challenge! It was steep but not too hard!

It was a very gorgeous trail this time of year (fall)

Went up today. Not sure why it’s rated hard, I would rate it moderate. Used crampons when I got above the bridge. Very nice hike, this trail would be great in the summer with all the shade. Very beautiful when you get up around 7500 feet.

It was definitely difficult for me, though I did it roundtrip in 3 hrs and 30 mins. Trail was well marked and very nice! The view was beautiful with snow on the mountains! Trail does have a bit of snow when you start getting higher up.

Moderate to strenuous hike. Shaded the whole way. Nice fall colors. Good destination.

This trail was amazing. We loved the section of white birch trees in the fall it’s beautiful!! This trail offered a number of different sceneries all beautiful in there own way. All uphill and downhill with a few little breaks in between! Overall awesome trail!!

It’s a pretty nice area. Not as scenic as some other nearby trails but it sees less traffic. Beyond the official trail end is where the fun starts. It’s really rugged and magestic in the upper basin. I made it to the upper ridge but could tell I didn’t have it in me to push on to Twin Peaks. I’ll do an overnighter sometime in the upper basin and hit the summit fresh! Thanks to Steve who showed me the ropes up there.

The trail is nicely maintained, and I saw very few people. It’s a little underwhelming though compared to Blanche.

What an amazing hike. Wasn't too difficult, the effort is well worth the steepness. Will get up there earlier to summit. but overall fun hike, amazing views

Hiked this trail on 9/10/18. Steep but levels off in some parts. Ends in the field with fantastic views all around.

This was one of the most majestic hikes yet. Very beautiful scenery. Saw a moose when we got to the peak. Steep at times but well worth it.

Soooo beautiful. I was in awe of my surroundings. Even though the trail head is so close to Lake Blanche, you feel like ur in a completely different place. Aspens, ginormous pine trees, meadows, saw quite a few deer and heard Bull Moose making calls in the upper meadow.
Definitely one of my new favorite hikes.Go early so you can see the sunrise.. it is breathtaking!! ♥️

I really enjoyed this hike. A lot less people than Lake Blanche. The views aren’t as nice as Blanche. The hike was considerably harder than Lake Blanche. I’d do it again but next time I’ll go all the way to Twin Peaks.

I absolutely loved this trail. It’s definitely not an easy hike as you gain over 1,000ft in elevation each mile but it is so worth the effort. You will hike beside a river speckled with waterfalls, through aspen groves, and into gorgeous meadows.
My GPS tracker a little over 6.5 miles rt but I did some exploring at the top.
Keep your eye out for moose. I saw a few as well as a few groups of deer.
I got on the trail by 7am and had zero issues with sun or temperature as more than the majority of the hike was covered by shade. I hiked on a Tuesday and only saw one other hiker on the trail. Had the final meadow to myself for over an hour. Complete solitude.
I can’t wait to come back in the fall when the aspens are changing.

Great trail, waterfalls and amazing views!

Absolutely beautiful!

Great hike! We tracked 5.7 miles total round trip. Steep hike for sure, but well worth the effort. The meadow is spectacular view looking up at the Twins. Could have spent some more time just enjoying the landscape. Trail is in shade for about 50% o the climb, and then it's partial shade for the rest of the trail. Best to get an early start as it gets considerably hotter upon return to the parking lot. We were fortunate to have had a light rain most of the way up.

Loved this hike. Partially shaded on the way to the meadow with a fairly steady but feasible climb. After the meadow, I continued on almost to the peaks. It gets very steep, loose, and difficult to keep your footing right before the summit. One of the most difficult hikes I have done, but you could turn back at the meadow for a more moderate hike (I think the 4.2 mi round trip distance is if you turn back at the meadow). Includes gorgeous views of the meadow, wildflowers, peaks.

This is a steep hike, averaging 1000 feet of elevation gain per mile. It's a hike to a meadow, not to a peak. You should know the meadow when you get there, it's beautiful. I could have sat up there for hours, but had to come down to get to work. While strenuous, definitely recommend.

Enjoyable hike. 5.8 miles up and back. Note that this is a hike to a fork in the trail not to a peak. The hike ends in a large meadow with a stream that flows through it on the far side. There are at least 3 trails leading out of the meadow but these are all fairly rough trails and are not marked on many maps.
The hike can be split into two parts. A 1.7 mile uphill to a small water cateract followed by a 1.1 variable trail leading up to the fork. The first part of the trail is clean and gravel covered with few hard rocks or roots to climb over. The second part has some flat areas that are easy going but also has a number of spots with large rocks to climb over and some crowding of the trail from grasses, flowers and thorns.
The first part is almost entirely under canopy cover. The second part is about 50% covered with some open field areas.
Not sure I could make the climb with gear but I could definetely see backpacking up to the fork and setting up a base camp to use while spending the next couple days exploring all the paths leaving the fork.

I’m a fairly in shape mid 20s female and it took me about 1.5 up and 45 minutes down. Beautiful meadow at the end. Was the only one going up the trail when I did this on a Monday afternoon. Complete solitude and amazing wildflowers at the top.

Fun hike, a tad steep but gorgeous meadow/view at the end

Great hike! Lots of wild flowers and trail was a bit overgrown.

It’s hard and exactly much more than 4.3 miles, i tried go till the end but i couldn’t find it...

Semi steep in parts. Provides a great leg workout, mostly in the shade, and there if you keep going it opens to a wonder meadow and an amazing panoramic view!!! So worth it.

Hard but worth every step. The view at the top was breathtaking!