Broads Fork Trail

Broads Fork Trail is a 4.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

cave

This is a beautiful, steep trail following a raging creek in the spring. It has relatively little traffic, and lots of shade relative to many Salt Lake hikes. The trail ends near a pond in a high valley.

Steep. beautiful.

Go for the solitude and a great workout. The views at the end are great, but the peaceful hike without the crowds was well worth it.

This trail was beautiful! It felt so remote even though it was easy to access from BCC. We only passed a hand full of hikers which was surprising. When we got up towards the lakes the tail forks off. This was our first time on this hike so we had no idea what way to go. If you want to go all the way up to twin peaks take the trail going toward the east ridge across the stream. We took the trail that forks off toward the west ridge. It turns into just a bunch of rocks. We followed the cairn's as best we could but the trail seemed to disappear as we got higher on the rock face. Next time we will take the other way so we can get to the top of twin peaks. I think this is one of the better hikes in BCC. The trail is very steep, so be prepared.

Beautiful time of year to do this hike. Moderate incline most of the way. More challenging incline toward the top. No large cliffs or anything dangerous. Just plenty of trees and water running alongside the trail. The view at the end was worth it. Snow covered the peaks at the top. Next time I would like to explore more around the area but was perfectly happy sitting on the rocks and enjoying the view.

gorgeous hike,

As you can see from the elevation, it's all uphill for the most part. It opens up nicely though up near the top with multiple peaks in the end of the valley. I'd recommend this hike.

Short and steep but worth every step. Got started early, and with the raging runoff there were sections that were really cool, though I could see the exact opposite getting a late start on a really hot day. I've been meaning to do this one for 3 years and I'm glad I did, I will definitely be going back, I'd even like to try and overnight or two sometime. Unlike the Lake Blanche trail that starts in the same area, this one is extremely quiet and isolated compared to it. Such unique views of Dromedary and the Twins, great hike!

Map my hike had me at 10 miles round trip. Route finding and snow navigation to get to the peaks. I watched active avalanches coming down the north east side of twin peaks so avoid that area. Trail fades at upper meadow lake.

To be clear, it seems that it is 4.3 miles to the summit making for a total of 8.6 miles. It is a beautiful hike. The waterfall is amazing. We didn't encounter many people even though it was a holiday weekend.

Just did the trail for the first time and it was definitely worth it. Great small trail the whole way up, hardly any other foot traffic. Made it to the top and the peaks were still blanketed with snow. It's not a trail for anyone with heart or knee problems as it is a very steep climb the entire way up. I'd do it again for sure.