Brighton Lakes Trail

Brighton Lakes Trail is a 6.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from July until August.

Elevation gain 680 feet to Twin Lakes Reservoir. Major destinations include Twin Lakes Reservoir, Silver Lake and Lake Mary. Trail junctions include Twin Lakes Trail, Alta-Brighton Trail and Lake Mary Trail The Brighton Lakes Trail is a connecting trail between Twin Lakes Reservoir and the Lake Mary Trail. The trail offers a panoramic view of the peaks that surround the Brighton Bowl.

Beautiful hike. Not too physically demanding. You’re about 90% sure to see a Moose somewhere. There’s always one or two on the south side of dog lake just off the trail.

My favorite hikes are summits, but this was a beautiful trail!

Great hike! Saw 4 moose. Best place for moose is on south side of Dog Lake in the marshy area. As you hike to Dog Lake on east side headed south and get almost to the trail end, look in the trees on the left next to big rock outcrop. Bull moose surprised us just 25 feet away standing in the shadows eating. Maybe we were lucky because he pretty much ignored us even though there was a cow moose laying down near him. Also saw a cow with calf at the creek outlet of Lake Martha on north side of lake.

This is a great trail that shows off the many lakes in the area. Parts are a bit rocky and the elevation can be difficult for people who aren't used to hiking at altitude. It's fun to hike up to the nearby peaks if you have extra time, too!

Easy hike and it's beautiful! We even saw a moose!

Great hike today. Saw 4 moose including 2 males with big racks at Catherine Lake.

Lost the trail a couple of times on the way down from Lake Mary. Glad I had the AllTrails map to guide me. Beautiful hike.

This one is our favorite. Our tough 9 and 6 year olds can handle it (but they're used to hiking every weekend all summer).

Great views the lakes a great the first mile to the first lake is the steepest but after that it wasn't bad.

Beautiful trail throughout. Saw two moose right off the trail within 10 minutes of starting the hike. Recommend liberal use of bug spray.

This is my third time doing this hike--still love it! The trail is 95% clear to Lake Catherine. What snow there is, is easily passed; no special equipment is needed. Keep in mind that the trail from Twin Lakes to Lake Mary may be tricky to spot (it is not one of the wide ATV trails).

Still had snow in parts. Started at Silver Lake, was told the best way to go to avoid the snow. A 3 to 4 hour walk became a 6 hour walk due to misding a turn. The hike isn't signed at all, only for skiers. They didn't have maps to give either so we had to go with the pictures I took of the wall map. Despite all this it was a BEAUTIFUL challenging walk.

Made it to Lake Mary, still muddy and patches of snow. Too much snow to get to Martha and Catherine. The lake is full and beautiful!

Great trail, though didnt see much of it, mostly still snow covered. Started on twin lakes trail, got to lake and intended to cut across to Brighton lakes trail but no dice as this rookie didnt bring microspikes. Descended and went back up Brighton Lakes trail, saw Dogwood Lake and Lake Mary, making own trail much of way as hard to follow with all the snow. Nixed any further attempt to Lake Martha or Lake Catherine without spikes- too off axis. Lakes and views are beautiful with all the snow.

Saturday, November 19, 2016

took the lake Mary, Martha, and Catherine hike and enjoyed it every step of the way. Gorgeous views.

Sunday, September 04, 2016

I ran the Alta-Brighton Loop this morning, with a Lake Solitude add on. This loop included the Brighton Lakes route. It is always a pleasure to run this route. And the Brighton Lakes are Beautiful, even when Lake Mary has been drained (like today)

Monday, August 29, 2016

Lovely hike. Started at the base next to the chairlift. Initially was concerned we would would be surrounded by lifts, but quickly ascended to some lightly forested areas. Lakes were pretty, although low this time of year (August).

We took the spur up to Sunset Peak which was a good workout, but doable. It was strenuous at points! Spectacular view from the top.

From there you can come down and complete the loop or make it an out and back if fatigued.

Monday, August 01, 2016

We began this hike close to 10:30 am and finished around 3:00 pm with a trek all the way out to Sunset Peak and tens of stops to see all the moose! The trail was pretty jam packed at first up the ski resort and I was nervous it was going to be like that the whole way, but once we hit the first lake the traffic had very much died down and it was peaceful all the way up to the top. We saw six moose on the trek and thousands of wildflowers. One of the best trails I've hiked thus far in UT!

Sunday, July 24, 2016

We absolutely loved this hike!! I took my 14 yr old and 9 yr old and it was a great hike for them. The views were GORGEOUS at every turn! We saw momma and baby moose and a bull moose! The temps were amazing compared to the high heat in the valley! Take mosquito repellent as they are pretty vigorous by the lakes. Go all the way to Catherine...it's totally worth it!! I will do this hike a couple of more times this summer for sure!!

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Didn't make it to the 4th lake, just up to Catherine and back down, but loved it! Had the lake all to myself and had a snack, and on the way down I saw a moose at the 2nd lake. Pretty hike! Nice escape from the 100 degree weather in the valley yesterday