Bowman Fork to Gobblers Knob Trail is a 9.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is accessible year-round.

Beautiful views of Big Cottonwood and Millcreek. Is not 9.6 miles. I clocked it at 10.4. From Bowmans Pass to the summit is .9 miles just so you're aware of that as well.

The hike had lovely views throughout and the overlook from the Knob was amazing. The trail is longer than 9.6 miles. I clocked it at 14.5 miles. I did have to park outside the gate because it was closed but that only adds 0.5 mile.

Dogs are allowed, no leash needed on odd days

The hike is great to the first overlook then beyond there the trail narrows quite a bit. Before the spring the trail gets a little deceptive. I was up on top for the sunset and hiked down in the dark. I’m a slow hiker and got passed by a few people who told me about the spring and I was glad to know it was drinkable because I ran out of water right on top and had a resource on the way down.

We started this hike by walking up the road to the trailhead which added an additional 1/4 mile up and 1/4 mike back to our trip. We did take our two dogs and saw plenty of other dogs on the train since this starts out in Millcreek Canyon. It’s a pretty moderate and consistent climb up for the entirety of the hike. We went for about an hour and a half before we turned around and came back down since we didn’t plan for the time properly and it was getting dark. Lovely hike though and a good workout for the start of the season.

The gate from the road still isn't open, so you'll have to hike up the road a bit to get to the starting point. No snow, nice cool weather.

Saturday, August 05, 2017

Saturday hike, so super busy. Pretty sustained climbing to Baker's Pass where I had to turn around. Nice that this trail goes to the saddle between Raymond and Gobbler's Knob. Need to do it again and go to Raymond.

Thursday, June 22, 2017

We did the first 2.5 miles up of this trail to the overlook and it was beautiful and shady. First 1.5 along a beautiful stream. The trail is pretty steep though so not for the faint of heart or for kids. The view of the mt Olympus Wilderness was very nice before we turned around.

Friday, March 17, 2017

Beautiful trail but we've never made it to gobbler's knob because we never carve out the time for it. Views pay off near the end. Not a ton of switchbacks... great workout especially with a baby pack pack.

Wednesday, September 13, 2017