Bonneville Shoreline Trail: Emigration Canyon Road to City Creek

Bonneville Shoreline Trail: Emigration Canyon Road to City Creek is a 9.1 mile heavily trafficked point-to-point trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 9.1 miles Elevation Gain: 1,466 feet Route Type: Point to Point

Moderate climb from the trailhead with a few climbs and descents along the way. Single and double track portions. Good for a quick workout.

Nice trail. I’m not from the area to know exactly which trailhead I started from, but It was just across from the zoo. Initial climb up was short, but fairly steep. Nothing very technical, so aside from the climb, it’s easy. Great views.

Perhaps the best segment of the BST ai have walked. There is no water, so bring all you need. Well recommended with a bike shuttle back through the university.

Nice city view and can hear quite an array of birds. Saw a hummingbird among other birds.

Our second attempt to hike with Benjamin. He was eager but he’s still a city dog at heart and was breathing heavy. This is a very do-able hike that I would like to explore again.

Flat. Close to road. Easy

Very flat and close the the U. There were a ton of dogs and bikers, and a lot of the trail runners and bikers would not yield to hikers. There were a lot of fun side trails though and I saw a woodpecker.

After the initial incline from the parking lot this trail was relatively easy. We turned around at the Red Butte Gardens. Lots of people out running, mountain biking, and hiking for a Sunday morning. Parking lot fills pretty quickly, may have to park on the street.

great trail for all skill types

Easy conditioning hike, steep and sweet.

For those who are from out of town like me, this trail is open during winter. A little bit of mud, probably some snow or hard packed ice, but definitely do-able. I saw trail runners as well as hikers along the route.

Hiked this with a bunch of friends. Each of our GPS/fitness devices said different mileage but we figured it was about 9.5. Be sure you have poles and spikes since there are some parts where it’s slick! Heads up - We ran into a dead deer along the way that we think was poached.

I trail ran this route and had a blast. There is shade later on in the hike but the first potion is in the sun. There was frost around the trail near the end but I was fine in my running shoes.

Sunday, August 19, 2018

I hiked part of this trail with my friend. It’s not well marked so we weren’t entirely sure if we were on it. Planning to finish the rest of it.

Monday, June 25, 2018

The better place to park is at the pull off right past Heritage Park on the left across from the Zoo. Nice running trail, but it does get kinda confusing at times because you get into some business areas and you have to kinda guess where the trail goes. But it sure is pretty with options to go up the mountainside to make things more challenging if you want. Otherwise it’s a pretty casual running trail with some hills.

Sunday, June 03, 2018

Great trail system with solid views and well-maintained pathways. Loved the ombre purple-pink wildflowers, and the roses along the trail back to the parking area were absolutely stunning! We'll definitely be back

Friday, May 11, 2018

This is an amazing hike, I did the entire length. Highly recommend.

Thursday, April 12, 2018

Did 4 miles on the system last night! Made a comment to my partner we could run here multiple times and run a different trail every time! FUN and beautiful views. Lot's of unleashed dogs and mtn bikers!

Monday, April 09, 2018

Beautiful trails and views! I love the many options to choose from.

Monday, April 09, 2018

Great views across The Valley. Well used and maintained trails. Good for trail running accessibility. Lots of dogs around the red butte area.

Monday, March 12, 2018

Great space for running. Ample room to allow passerby’s. Muddy in the shade, but enjoyable!

Friday, December 22, 2017

not a lot of shade right now, some parts of the trail have snow, good view of the city, beautiful

Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Hiked from Terraces Hills Drive today. This is definitely a great quick hike with nice views.

Sunday, September 17, 2017

Easy incline, have ran it several times from the Dry Gulch Trailhead, recommend for trail running.

Sunday, September 03, 2017

Entered from Terrace Hill Drive at Couch Point. The trail was a little confusing at times. From the start to about half, the trail was not at all shady, very sunny and exposed. As we got closer to City Creek, it was more shady and cooler.

Saturday, July 01, 2017

Great trail for kids and dogs!

Monday, June 12, 2017

Great, easy trail! Beautiful around sunset as well. Brought my dog with me and she loved it! Definitely will hike again