Learn more

Bonneville Shoreline Trail: Emigration Canyon Road to City Creek

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(224)
Salt Lake City, Utah

Bonneville Shoreline Trail: Emigration Canyon Road to City Creek is a 9.1 mile heavily trafficked point-to-point trail located near Salt Lake City, Utah that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 9.1 miles Elevation Gain: 1,466 feet Route Type: Point to Point

I stepped lightly but it is right on the edge of not walkable without causing damage - definitely not rideable today with causing trail damage !

Please help find my friends Dog lost on this trail !!! Silver Lab named Tito 801-589-4689

great place to jog with your dog

Great for dogs and a good trail running hike. Lots of different veins you can’t explore and make it as difficult or as easy as you want it. Took our kids with us in our double BOB stroller and it was great-added to the work out ha!

Great trail for hiking with friends! A little muddy but leads up to a gorgeous view. I would absaloutely recommend it if you're visiting the zoo or around that area or need something to do with friends.

I absolutely love this trail, right now parts are a bit muddy but it's manageable. I saw a coyote about two miles into the main trail so be cautious!

I went here while it was snowy, but given the current conditions that was perfect because it wasn't icy or muddy and easy to traverse. Beautiful views and plenty of sidetrails to go exploring. Steep in places but plenty of different elevations along the way.

Moderate climb from the trailhead with a few climbs and descents along the way. Single and double track portions. Good for a quick workout.

Nice trail. I’m not from the area to know exactly which trailhead I started from, but It was just across from the zoo. Initial climb up was short, but fairly steep. Nothing very technical, so aside from the climb, it’s easy. Great views.

Perhaps the best segment of the BST ai have walked. There is no water, so bring all you need. Well recommended with a bike shuttle back through the university.

Nice city view and can hear quite an array of birds. Saw a hummingbird among other birds.

Mon May 27 2019

Our second attempt to hike with Benjamin. He was eager but he’s still a city dog at heart and was breathing heavy. This is a very do-able hike that I would like to explore again.

Mon May 27 2019

Flat. Close to road. Easy

Fri Apr 26 2019

Very flat and close the the U. There were a ton of dogs and bikers, and a lot of the trail runners and bikers would not yield to hikers. There were a lot of fun side trails though and I saw a woodpecker.

After the initial incline from the parking lot this trail was relatively easy. We turned around at the Red Butte Gardens. Lots of people out running, mountain biking, and hiking for a Sunday morning. Parking lot fills pretty quickly, may have to park on the street.

Sat Apr 06 2019

great trail for all skill types

Easy conditioning hike, steep and sweet.

Mon Feb 18 2019

For those who are from out of town like me, this trail is open during winter. A little bit of mud, probably some snow or hard packed ice, but definitely do-able. I saw trail runners as well as hikers along the route.

Wed Jan 02 2019

Hiked this with a bunch of friends. Each of our GPS/fitness devices said different mileage but we figured it was about 9.5. Be sure you have poles and spikes since there are some parts where it’s slick! Heads up - We ran into a dead deer along the way that we think was poached.

Thu Nov 15 2018

I trail ran this route and had a blast. There is shade later on in the hike but the first potion is in the sun. There was frost around the trail near the end but I was fine in my running shoes.

Sun Aug 19 2018

I hiked part of this trail with my friend. It’s not well marked so we weren’t entirely sure if we were on it. Planning to finish the rest of it.

Mon Jun 25 2018

The better place to park is at the pull off right past Heritage Park on the left across from the Zoo. Nice running trail, but it does get kinda confusing at times because you get into some business areas and you have to kinda guess where the trail goes. But it sure is pretty with options to go up the mountainside to make things more challenging if you want. Otherwise it’s a pretty casual running trail with some hills.

Sun Jun 03 2018

Great trail system with solid views and well-maintained pathways. Loved the ombre purple-pink wildflowers, and the roses along the trail back to the parking area were absolutely stunning! We'll definitely be back

Fri May 11 2018

This is an amazing hike, I did the entire length. Highly recommend.