Bonneville Shoreline Loop is a 2.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Layton, Utah that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and nature trips and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Calling this trail "easy" is a bit of an understatement. I'd say easy for an adult...hard for a kid. Overall Moderate. Hiked it with my wife and 3 kids (ages 4, 6, & 9). My opinion is "easy" = an elementary school kid can do it and have fun. This is not the case.

I'll paint you a picture.

Park at the trailhead. No issues. Hike through some nice shade at the very beginning and cross a little creek. (standard mess of wasps that is everywhere in this state). Creek has a makeshift bridge to get across. So far so good.

We went right (lower loop). No shade, but pretty flat for the first mile. So far the easy rating is accurate.

Then we start going up the canyon and things change for the worse. I carry the 4-year old for the next 1.5 miles. Up the canyon. 6-year old is in tears. 9 year old is asking the wife to call search and rescue. Pretty steep going with lots of branches that veer off. No signs at all...make sure you bring your phone and have the app running so you don't take a wrong turn and end up in Nevada.

Finally get to the top of the hill at the 1.5 mile point. OK, now for a nice leisurely stroll on a gentle downhill back to the car. Or not.

Steep rocks, falling kids, and an unhappy wife are what awaits the walk back. It's slow going because it's steep. It's hot because there is no shade.

The trail is pretty with nice views of the city. Recommend doing this before 10:00 (and it gets hot) as there is hardly any shade. Also, I wouldn't recommend kids < 7ish or so unless you want to carry them. Twas a bit much for my 6 year old. Carried the 4 year old for most of the way.

You are warned.