Bonneville Shoreline Draper Section Trail

Bonneville Shoreline Draper Section Trail is a 7.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Draper, Utah. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking.

I’m not sure what trail we were on, my boyfriend and I just parked by Hidden Valley Park. On the stroll with our dogs we passed a trail that said dogs allowed so we followed it. According to a stranger on my Instagram post we were on Bonneville Shoreline Trail and said dogs aren’t allowed. However, I can assure you, while there were a few signs saying no dogs allowed on specific trails, we did find one that said they were allowed on another one. It was a beautiful hike, I’d say pretty easy. Lots of kids, runners, bikers and plenty of dogs. I think it just depends on the trail you go on, so be sure to keep walking further until you find one that allows dogs :)

Plan my day around going on this hike drive 40 miles it saids digs on leash when you get there it saids NODOGS. Very disappointing

This is a nice hike in the fall or spring when other trails might be covered in snow or ice. The views are pretty decent but it would be aggravating to do this hike on a polluted day in the valley. There are lots of side trails along the way and the bear canyon spur is quite pretty. This would be a miserable hike in the heat —there is very little shade. A great choice for trail running and mountain biking. Good for all ages. It’s pretty easy and you can go for as short or as long as you like.

I do some trail running along this trail often in the mornings. Pretty open, so no good cover really, but plenty of space to run with friends.

A pretty hike in the fall.

It is an okay trail. No shade so go In the evening or early morning.

Saturday, August 05, 2017

Super hot in the afternoon without shade, but nice when it's cooler.

Saturday, July 15, 2017

Pretty nice hike. Only a couple of people of the trail. Not much shade unfortunately and today was a hot one. Def a hike I will do again in the fall.

Saturday, June 10, 2017

Not great for mountain biking. Lots of hikers, trail runners and dogs. And, steep and rocky in a lot of places.

Sunday, April 02, 2017

Beautiful views & dog friendly. Trails are nice & dry for the season!

Thursday, March 30, 2017

It's a climb from the trailhead to the Shoreline trail. Once on actual trail is easy and a good trail. Because we started after sun set we only saw 3 people and they were all returning to the trailhead. We only hiked until the trail crossed the Alpine Draper road and there is a parking lot. It was dark by then and we look back where we have been and was suprised to seen many headlamp. Turn out it was a group of 20-30 mountain bikers the whole trail was lit up with bike lamps and headlamps. It was a beautiful sight. We decided to return by way of the Alpine-Draper Road and the Aqueduct trail. Glad we did because the same group returned on the shoreline trail. We would have had to step of the trail to let them pass. It was a nice loop

Wednesday, February 01, 2017

last november we hiked this trail it was pretty easy with small inclines here and there. my 4 year old had an easy time as well as myself considering that I was 38 weeks pregnant at the time.
The trail is located right above Hidden Valley Park has been my go to trial when my son and I need to get out of the house. We normally just hike to the bridge and back which takes about 15 minutes to get to at our slow passe. On a good day we will hike past the bridge that takes you on a narrow trail that sits right on a little drop off making it possible to see all of Salt Lake Valley as you walk along. And on our way back to the car we always stop to play at the park at the head of the trail, there is also a black path that raps around the park that is good for bike riding with little ones as well. And there is a bathroom with a nice pavilion for BBQs.
You will also find a lot of trail runners on this trail I would say that it is great for trail running seeing that it is reasonably flat and the stream at the bridge makes a nice resting spot.

Thursday, October 06, 2016

Looks like Corner Canyon made the list of top scariest places in Utah!

Saturday, September 17, 2016

eh, sorta boring in that it's dusty and open most of the way, plus you see the city, golf course, and people the whole time. kind of detracts from the outside appeal of hiking.

Friday, August 19, 2016

We like to start our hike at the Hidden Valley Park which is one of the trailheads for Bonneville Shoreline. To get to the cool suspension bridge head south and it's probably 1.5 miles away. My kids did it at 3 and 6 years old. It it usually takes us 2 hours or so. There is a blasted out rock you have to go through and rocks to play on.

Tuesday, July 05, 2016

great time, I'm a beginner so the first part was challenging. once we reached the BST it was easy and fun, no shade but a great breeze was always blowing.

Monday, June 06, 2016

This would be a great early morning hike or late evening hike. The view of Salt Lake county is pretty awesome. I however started this hike just before 1pm and the temperature was 90+ degrees. There's little to no coverage during the duration of this trail.

The trail is super easy and suitable for kids of all ages. Please be advised...there are SNAKES of all kinds who love to bask in the sun on the warm rocks and there has been reported rattle snakes seen in the park where you begin the hike.

On a less hot day, maybe in early spring, I may try this hike again. It was just ok.

Saturday, May 28, 2016

Took mostly the Aqueduct Trail and criss crossed to BST to reach the suspension bridge. Easy hike. Aqueduct is more for the adults as there are steep drop offs, but doable for all ages. Going to take BST from Hidden Valley and see what the difference is. From what I've seen, nice easy hike but with little shade. Enjoy!

Friday, May 20, 2016

There are so many different trails up here. Never ending views of the city. It's open, and has a totally different feel than most hikes. Easy and enjoyable.

Sunday, April 24, 2016

From Hidden Valley Park to the Suspension Bridge... Nice moderate (at most) hike with a 6,8,and 10 year olds. In a light rain...

Saturday, July 27, 2013

There is a kind of hidden hike here up to an amazing view from a cliff that overlooks the whole valley. Really cool American flag setup across the canyon. Overall just a cool collection of things to see.