Bonneville Shoreline Draper Section Trail

Bonneville Shoreline Draper Section Trail is a 8.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Draper, Utah. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking.

Super hot in the afternoon without shade, but nice when it's cooler.

Pretty nice hike. Only a couple of people of the trail. Not much shade unfortunately and today was a hot one. Def a hike I will do again in the fall.

Not great for mountain biking. Lots of hikers, trail runners and dogs. And, steep and rocky in a lot of places.

Beautiful views & dog friendly. Trails are nice & dry for the season!

It's a climb from the trailhead to the Shoreline trail. Once on actual trail is easy and a good trail. Because we started after sun set we only saw 3 people and they were all returning to the trailhead. We only hiked until the trail crossed the Alpine Draper road and there is a parking lot. It was dark by then and we look back where we have been and was suprised to seen many headlamp. Turn out it was a group of 20-30 mountain bikers the whole trail was lit up with bike lamps and headlamps. It was a beautiful sight. We decided to return by way of the Alpine-Draper Road and the Aqueduct trail. Glad we did because the same group returned on the shoreline trail. We would have had to step of the trail to let them pass. It was a nice loop

last november we hiked this trail it was pretty easy with small inclines here and there. my 4 year old had an easy time as well as myself considering that I was 38 weeks pregnant at the time.
The trail is located right above Hidden Valley Park has been my go to trial when my son and I need to get out of the house. We normally just hike to the bridge and back which takes about 15 minutes to get to at our slow passe. On a good day we will hike past the bridge that takes you on a narrow trail that sits right on a little drop off making it possible to see all of Salt Lake Valley as you walk along. And on our way back to the car we always stop to play at the park at the head of the trail, there is also a black path that raps around the park that is good for bike riding with little ones as well. And there is a bathroom with a nice pavilion for BBQs.
You will also find a lot of trail runners on this trail I would say that it is great for trail running seeing that it is reasonably flat and the stream at the bridge makes a nice resting spot.

Looks like Corner Canyon made the list of top scariest places in Utah!

eh, sorta boring in that it's dusty and open most of the way, plus you see the city, golf course, and people the whole time. kind of detracts from the outside appeal of hiking.

We like to start our hike at the Hidden Valley Park which is one of the trailheads for Bonneville Shoreline. To get to the cool suspension bridge head south and it's probably 1.5 miles away. My kids did it at 3 and 6 years old. It it usually takes us 2 hours or so. There is a blasted out rock you have to go through and rocks to play on.

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Tuesday, July 05, 2016

great time, I'm a beginner so the first part was challenging. once we reached the BST it was easy and fun, no shade but a great breeze was always blowing.

Wednesday, June 22, 2016