Bonneville Shoreline Draper Section Trail

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(121)
Draper Park

Bonneville Shoreline Draper Section Trail is a 6.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Draper, Utah that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and mountain biking.

Length6.7 miElevation gain1,066 ftRoute typeOut & back

Photos (401)
Recordings (113)
Completed (377)
isaac pack
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarFebruary 1, 2021
Mountain bikingGreat!Off trail

it is a great trail just to many people to go really fastand if you are like me I really like going fast so if you want to go fast do not go on this trail.

Frank Escareno
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarOctober 5, 2020
Mountain bikingGreat!

Short and sweet fun trail. Some spots dirt was soft. Beautiful scenery and of course the bridge is just cool. Down hill was fun a ton of tight turns. Traffic was low, went on a Saturday evening.

Diane Roberts
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarSeptember 7, 2020
HikingGreat!No shadeRocky

8.5 miles - 17,952 steps Trailhead starts out at Orson Park, and immediately starts switch backing until you get up to Aqueduct Road. From there you will walk until you come to the fork where you will start walking on Ralph’s Trail for about 1¼ mile. Trail merges with Bonneville Shoreline Trail (BST), and continues until you reach Rattlers Trail. Continue on Rattlers Trail until it merges with Ghost Falls Trail. This will take you right to the top of Ghost Falls. The Falls at this time of year were just a trickle, and the vegetation is extremely overgrown. There are multiple signs warning you of poison ivy. Be careful if you hop the fence to get a better picture of the falls, you just might find yourself falling face first in nothing but poison ivy. I suggest just staying on the trail. This area of the trail is green with lots of foliage, and is shady. Instead of going back the same way you came, you can either make a loop to the left and come down the Draper Alpine Road, I don’t like going this way. 1. Because it’s a road and 2. You will encounter vehicles. A Plus going this way is there is a bathroom up on top of the road. I went down using the Canyon Hollow Trail, which is greener, has lots of shade, and cooler. This is where is saw the wild Turkey’s just standing in the middle of the trail. Following Canyon Hollow Trail until I merged with Gas Line Trail which turns into Hoof n Boot’s Trail. Whew! I stayed on here until I turned onto BST all the way back until the turn off for the Orson Smith Trailhead. My instructions might seem like there are a lot of different trails. Basically, it’s just one continuous trail with different names. If you start out at the park, just keep walking South, South East until you get to the falls. This area of trails is well marked so there isn’t any chance of getting lost. The first part of the trail was shady until the sun came up over the mountain. Then it became hot with no shade until you came to the falls. Because it has been so hot with little rain this summer the trail is really dusty, lots of sandy loom, and rocky in spots. Other’s have mentioned the mountain bikers. It would be nice if Draper City would designate a bike only trail in this area. There are of ton of trails here, so designating just one to them wouldn’t affect the runners or walkers. Just putting it out there. I really enjoyed walking to the falls on this trail. You will come to the Bear Canyon Suspension Bridge which is always fun to walk across. Just keep walking South, you’ll soon be to the falls. There are three bathrooms (outhouses) along the way, and are open at this time. One of the rest areas had a bike repair stand. Which was nice for the many bikers to use.

View Diane's Recording
D Frances
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMay 21, 2020
HikingMuddyNo shade

This is one of my favorite trails for a easy hike with my daughter. We loved to stop by the bridge and take some pictures. It's also a good place for trail running. Just be aware of bikers without a ring bell. We love the views, just amazing! During summertime there is no shade at all.

Garet Hawley
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMay 17, 2020
Mountain bikingRocky

This was a really fun trail for hiking and biking. As a novice biker, there were two sections I didn’t feel comfortable doing, but it was a good flow.

Kurt Cline
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMarch 27, 2020
Running

Fantastic trail running! I personally started at the Orson Wells trailhead. There was minimal snow and mud which was extremely surprising. I will be making it back here very soon!

Cristine Pena
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMarch 25, 2020
Mountain bikingMuddy

GreAt trail I bike this almost every time I go

Abbe Waung
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarNovember 10, 2019
HikingIcy

Great hike, second time through, there is a moderate elevation increase but mainly a nice nature walk. Since it’s mid-November there is a few icy spots, but it’s not bad if you have some good traction. Love it!

View Abbe's Recording
Shauna B
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJuly 11, 2019
Hiking

Visiting here from Alaska and was looking for a few 2-3 hour moderate hikes. After a bit of confusion on my part about how to get to this trail, I went up the Orson Smith trail which connect to this one. I'm all up for exploring, so no big deal. I was hoping for a little hillier, but I loved this hike anyway. It was probably a good hike in between two harder ones I took. Pretty and grassy terrain, good views, deer, only saw four people on a weekday morning, and seeing what I'm guessing was the draper temple in the distance was gorgeous. The trail extended much further than I went, and seems to connect with several other trails. I turned around at the next grouping of trailhead markers and headed back. I'd love to explore this trail system again next year. Utah is beautiful!

Mario B
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMay 14, 2019
Hiking

Second time hiking with my wife and we both like this trail yes I do recommend it.

Earl Linford
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarFebruary 25, 2019
HikingMuddy

Nice hike a little windy but 52 degrees. No complaints!!

Earl Linford
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarFebruary 11, 2019
Snowshoeing

Nice and sunn!fresh powder on the trail

Earl Linford
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarFebruary 6, 2019
Snowshoeing

Had to blaze my way on virgin powder. Snow about 18”-2 ft. But a good workout.

Earl Linford
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJanuary 28, 2019
HikingSnow

Nice hike partly cloudy and 36 degrees

Meghan Plunkett
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMay 1, 2018

I’m not sure what trail we were on, my boyfriend and I just parked by Hidden Valley Park. On the stroll with our dogs we passed a trail that said dogs allowed so we followed it. According to a stranger on my Instagram post we were on Bonneville Shoreline Trail and said dogs aren’t allowed. However, I can assure you, while there were a few signs saying no dogs allowed on specific trails, we did find one that said they were allowed on another one. It was a beautiful hike, I’d say pretty easy. Lots of kids, runners, bikers and plenty of dogs. I think it just depends on the trail you go on, so be sure to keep walking further until you find one that allows dogs :)

Luanne Tanis
Yellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarApril 23, 2018

Plan my day around going on this hike drive 40 miles it saids digs on leash when you get there it saids NODOGS. Very disappointing

Olga Siggins
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarNovember 27, 2017
Hiking

This is a nice hike in the fall or spring when other trails might be covered in snow or ice. The views are pretty decent but it would be aggravating to do this hike on a polluted day in the valley. There are lots of side trails along the way and the bear canyon spur is quite pretty. This would be a miserable hike in the heat —there is very little shade. A great choice for trail running and mountain biking. Good for all ages. It’s pretty easy and you can go for as short or as long as you like.

Kyle Freebairn
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarOctober 22, 2017

I do some trail running along this trail often in the mornings. Pretty open, so no good cover really, but plenty of space to run with friends.

Julie Twitchell
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarOctober 19, 2017

A pretty hike in the fall.

Shelby Hoffman
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarSeptember 18, 2017
Running

It is an okay trail. No shade so go In the evening or early morning.

Jennifer Layton
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarAugust 5, 2017
Running

Super hot in the afternoon without shade, but nice when it's cooler.

Yannette Gallego
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJuly 15, 2017

Pretty nice hike. Only a couple of people of the trail. Not much shade unfortunately and today was a hot one. Def a hike I will do again in the fall.

LaNiece Davenport
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJune 10, 2017
Mountain biking

Not great for mountain biking. Lots of hikers, trail runners and dogs. And, steep and rocky in a lot of places.

Megan Green
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarApril 2, 2017
Hiking

Beautiful views & dog friendly. Trails are nice & dry for the season!

Kayla Ade
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarFebruary 1, 2017
Hiking

last november we hiked this trail it was pretty easy with small inclines here and there. my 4 year old had an easy time as well as myself considering that I was 38 weeks pregnant at the time. The trail is located right above Hidden Valley Park has been my go to trial when my son and I need to get out of the house. We normally just hike to the bridge and back which takes about 15 minutes to get to at our slow passe. On a good day we will hike past the bridge that takes you on a narrow trail that sits right on a little drop off making it possible to see all of Salt Lake Valley as you walk along. And on our way back to the car we always stop to play at the park at the head of the trail, there is also a black path that raps around the park that is good for bike riding with little ones as well. And there is a bathroom with a nice pavilion for BBQs. You will also find a lot of trail runners on this trail I would say that it is great for trail running seeing that it is reasonably flat and the stream at the bridge makes a nice resting spot.

milo jackson
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarOctober 6, 2016
Hiking

Looks like Corner Canyon made the list of top scariest places in Utah! http://www.terracorporis.com/lifestyle/top-5-scariest-places-utah-visit-halloween/