Bloods Lake Trail [PRIVATE PROPERTY]

Bloods Lake Trail [PRIVATE PROPERTY] is a 1.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Midway, Utah that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

private property

Bloods Lake Trail is a short hike that great for the whole family at the top of Big Cottonwood Canyon in Wasatch County. The trailhead can easily be reached from Midway, Salt Lake, and Park City at the top of Old State Route 152, just below Guardsman Pass. There are breathtaking views right from the parking area! With a short distance to the lake, it is an easy hike with the exception of the last portion, which is a steep and rocky trail. Once at Blood Lake, you have the option to stay, turn around, or continue on to other lakes in the area including Lackawaxen Lake, Brimhall Lake, and Silver Lake The lake is small and clean. If you go to the Southeast corner there is even a rope swing - great for a quick afternoon dip in the cool water on a hot day. This hike is best experienced during the fall for its fall colors and during ate spring and summer for it's display of wildflowers. Guardsman Pass is closed during the winter, which makes this trail inaccessible from November to April. This trail is on private property. Be respectful to the land owner and do not leave trash.

Did a loop up to the first peak then down around the lake. It was good.

Brought my pup and it was a great hike! Snow up there and great to walk around the lake!

Great quick hike to a peaceful lake .

Great, easy hike. My 2 year-old walked almost the whole way. It is super muddy and icy...but still fun! I will be doing this one again next summer with all three kids.

Easy out and back trail leading to the beautiful Bloods lake. Rocky trail descending to the lake. Went on a week day when it was not too crowded, and we found a shady spot to sit and dip our feet in the icy water of the lake. Would be a great picnic spot.

This is a hike to a beautiful and large lake, but the last .2 mile or so is really dangerous. I went down on the left trail and up on the right and both are terrible. Not safe for little children at all. They need to redo this trail so that it is safer. Switchbacks or something would be better than just going straight down and straight up.It's also really loud at the lake. Lots of people swimming, which I don't mind, but it's all the streaming and yelling and barking that bother me. Wish this was further off the road so that maybe not so many people would come.

this trail is no longer private property and is now owned by the public after we raised $13 million to stop the industrialization of the area! strict NO TRASH rule

Love this trail! We picnicked down at the lake. It's very steep right before getting to the lake. I had a baby in an ergo and my husband had our toddler in a backpack and we had to hold hands while walking down the steep area just to ensure neither one of us slipped. I wouldn't let kids wear sandals walking down it. After the lake we ended up hiking up the mountain and over to lake lackawaxen (not sure if that is spelled right) and that is a TOUGH hike. Especially with baby/toddler.

Short hike to a beautiful lake. Tiny bit of a steep scramble right before the lake, but nothing too challenging. I've got a bum knee, and had a one year old on my back in a pack, and did not struggle at all. Scenery was beautiful.

nice short hike, plenty of gorgeous wildflowers.

Great easy trail for the kids. Took my 5 and 7 year olds and they did just fine! Beautiful lake you can swim in. One of my favorites!

So fun. Just a short steep section that is a little difficult for little kids but a fun challenge for them too. Beautiful lake at the end.

Breathtaking views right at the parking lot. It's not an easy trail, though -- it's short, but the steep descent over uneven ground right before the lake wasn't "easy" on the way back up...at least with a thirty pound pack, it wasn't easy for me! Beautiful wildflowers, great place for the kids to explore. There's a sharp drop off for the first 50 meters of the trail, then the rest I'd say is kid-friendly. Drive up was a bit scary, FYI. No shoulder, narrow two lane highway, sheer cliff!!

Very short, easy hike with a lot of people and dogs at the lake. The wildflowers alone make it worth it though, so beautiful. We plan on going back and hiking up to Lackawaxen next time!

Easy short hike for littles. Just make sure to bring the bug spray! We kept hiking past Bloods up to Lackawaxen. The flowers are so pretty right now.

Short and easy hike into the lake, love that its dog friendly. The wild flowers are SO stunning right now! However, I've been going consistently the past week or so and the mosquitoes are terrible! We started to hike down to Silver Lake and I had to turn back because I was getting eaten alive. Wait until the mosquito season has calmed down before camping or hiking! Or just slather on the bug spray.

I'd give it four stars but for all the irresponsible dog owners who leave bagged dog crap on the side of the trail "to pick it up on the way out." It made the trail look so trashy: there must have been two dozen bags on the way in. I don't get to leave my trash next to the trail to pick up on the way back. These dog owners shouldn't be able to do what they do either. I don't dislike dogs. Just selfish dog owners who don't care about anyone else trying to enjoy the trail.

Beautiful wild flowers and alpine lake. Mostly easy hike with a steep descent to the lake. LOTS of people and dogs.

Very short hike if you just want to get out with your dog or small kids who can't hike too far. Beautiful scenery.