Big Springs Hollow Trail

Big Springs Hollow Trail is a 4.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Provo, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Hike this often with my 3 year old — It’s our favorite! Nice for a leisure hike with our dogs and plenty of places of hang a hammock and relax in nature.

Spring looks like it's been capped and goes through a pipe. During higher runoff water could come out an overflow pipe. Good trail

I went on a Wednesday afternoon & was clearing cobwebs! Lots of butterflies & it runs right along the stream. I did encounter a few deer flys further along the trail.

Beautiful, slightly busy. packed out a few bits of trash.

So pretty, and hundreds of butterflies! The springs is dried up, but it was still a very fun place.

Beautiful trail! Unfortunately...no springs. Provo City capped off the springs. Still beautiful, green, lovely nature to enjoy!

It's a beautiful time of year to hike this trail. The landscape is vibrantly green. Butterflies are out and about. Flowers are starting to bloom. A drawback: the springs are no longer flowing as they've been capped off. But, there are still a few small creeks running throughout the hike.

It was a great time. My kids and I enjoyed it!

Cool scenery, plenty of area to bike and not interfere with hikers. Awesome area.

Great Hike, Saw some Turkeys up at the spring.

Definitely recommend early in the morning because it gets hot and there’s not a ton of shade but it’s a beautiful easy hike

The trail isn't marked very well so we ended up going a mile or two more up the mountain, but even in July and August, it's gorgeous up there. We went on a morning just after it had rained and the whole mountain felt like the Columbia river gorge in Oregon. Everything was so green and humid and cool. It's our favorite "get us out of the house" trail. The last time we went was in August last summer. We have moved to SLC since and still plan to head down whenever we get a chance.

Watch out for mountain bikers for the first half hour to hour and then you shouldn't see many more.

The butterflies in the summer are unbelievable. My daughters like us to take a picnic and rest by the beautiful little stream. One of my favorite family-friendly hikes!

This is a pretty hike any time of year. Right now it's quite snowy/icy use some spikes

Not difficult at all, gorgeous in the fall!

Super pretty right now with autumn colors!

This trail appears to be only marked at trail head which is at the END of the park road. Large parking lot. Trail is loose gravel and was very dusty the day we were on it. It is about 70% sun and mountain meadows but enough shade to cool you down. Trail was not marked beyond entrance but pretty obvious where the main trail is but there are many offshoot narrow footpaths going left and right. It is an slow uphill hike and after 45 minutes we turned around. Trail follows a beautiful stream uphill. I can see a maintenance road you could take back to the parking lot. No cell service (Verizon anyway so could not use app)

We did see a large gaggle of wild turkeys but other than sound of stream it's quiet. This was a Monday afternoon and only saw one runner & 2 campers the whole 1.5 hours we where there.

Beautiful and easy hike! Definitely recommend for anyone!

Really enjoyed this trail. We didn't go all the way up cause we started too late and it was getting dark, but it was easy for my kids, pretty aspen trees, wild flowers, a creek, and even wild raspberries that we ate. I will definitely go back to go all the way to the end of the trail.

We kept going up and up! It was a beautiful hike

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Sunday, July 09, 2017

Loved it. Both beautiful and peaceful. Not too many people. Lots of tree cover, lots of water for when you get over heated. I almost jumped in a few times

Sunday, July 02, 2017

Easy hike 2 miles up the trail from the parking lot to where the springs are capped. :( Water levels not as strong as other areas within the Wasatch but still flowing. Flowers probably past their peak but a fair amount still present. LOTS of meadows around with some great views. And butterflies galore.

Saturday, June 24, 2017

Very easy hike. My kids loved all the water along the trail and the butterflies.

Saturday, June 24, 2017

Monday, June 19, 2017

One of my favorite hikes to do with my toddler! Lots of fun little bridges, "Hobbit bridge" and "Fairy falls" are the kid's favorites. Super easy for all fitness levels. Come hike with us, HikeitBaby.com

Sunday, June 18, 2017

this hike is pretty easy, and beautiful. I enjoyed it so much! careful of mosquitoes, though.

Sunday, May 14, 2017

The trail was pretty as were the views of the snow capped mountains but the Springs themselves were very disappointing. 8yo made it up and back with minimal whining.

Friday, October 28, 2016

Great little kid friendly trail. Took my 5 year old son and 6 year old niece today. They were disappointed we didn't see any deer or moose or snakes or bobcats

Monday, October 10, 2016

This was a beautiful trail to hike. Very kid friendly ❤️