Big Baldy Summit

Big Baldy Summit is a 7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Lindon, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Loop hike from Dry Canyon to the summit of Big Baldy.

Great hike with amazing views. It was a little steep but well worth it. No rocks to sit on at the summit to eat lunch on but I'd do it again

Went on the dry canyon side. Pretty steep, but good views and a good workout. Probably wouldn't do it again.

Beautiful hike

Beautiful views!

I did this hike for the first time 3 days ago and I really enjoyed it for the most part. This trail is pretty steep which I didn't mind so much on the way up, but I slipped on rocks and dirt and fell a couple of times coming down and I wish I had brought poles. Very pretty scenery throughout almost the whole hike, and lots of beautiful wildflowers. We started early so we didn't really have too many problems with sun, but there was not much shade on the way back down. The trail branches off in a few places that don't have signs, so it got a little confusing a couple of times about whether or not we were on the right trail. Overall a really nice hike. We took our time with it and took lots of breaks to take photos, rest, etc. and it took about 5 hours round trip.

Was excited to do this trail until we followed the AllTrails map to the trailhead and it took us to a very random dirt road in the middle of a Lindon neighborhood (in Apple maps.) We looked up another route and it took us to the Battle Creek Falls trailhead instead. We hiked the 1ish miles to the main Battle Creek Falls waterfall and then went past until we reached a sign pointing us toward Big Baldy. The sign is 2.5 miles from the trailhead and says Big Baldy is another 2.5 miles away. After about 1.75 miles past the sign you turn right (east) onto a trail, there is a campfire ring right by the turnoff, that follows the ridge line right to the top of Baldy. We did the hike beginning of June, it was perfect weather and lots of wildflowers were out. Would recommend, though frustrated with the All Trails direction. From Battle Creek Falls trailhead it's 10 miles round trip.

Very enjoyable hike. The back section when it opens up is beautiful and worth the sweat to get there. Recommend an early start when hiking in hotter weather. Looking forward this hike in the fall. Saw one person as I went up so a nice quiet hike. Saw a few snakes, nothing else in terms of wildlife.

This hike was awesome! I decided to start from Battle Creek canyon and hike to the top of baldy then go down dry canyon, I recommend doing it this way it's so much prettier!

Beautiful hike, did it back in April and I bet it's even better now! Be careful of the sun because there isn't a lot of shade when you get about half way up he mountain. Views are amazing!