Beus Canyon Trail

Beus Canyon Trail is a 7.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Ogden, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

The Beus Canyon Trail is part of the Great Western Trail. The Beus Canyon segment runs from the east side of Ogden City up to a saddle just south of Mt Ogden Peak. The lower part of the trail is easy as it climbs to the mouth of Beus Canyon, where it intersects the Bonneville Shoreline Trail. The trail continues along Beus Creek until it reaches a small meadow where the canyon forks. This meadow is locally known as Fern Valley, for obvious reasons. From there the trail continues along the south fork of the stream and then climbs the ridge between Beus Canyon and Birch Canyon to the south. The trail continues to climb at a steep pitch as it goes north to the head of Beus Creek. From there, follow rock cairns to the saddle just south of Mount Ogden Peak.

I got stopped by snow almost at the end. I love this different trail! I did see a large rattlesnake on the way back down. I wish people would keep there dogs on leash!

Great hike. Sweet views. Still really snowy. The last mile or so - don't go unless you have snow shoes, or a hiking stick/pole. It gets pretty steep and slippery on the snow. Would love to do it in the summer.

This is a good hike!

Took this trail to the top of Mount Ogden last fall. The views were awesome. It's a long hike but worth it if you're in to that sort of thing.

This trail is amazing. I had a great time conquering Mount Ogden. It was challenging and really overgrown at points. I had to crawl under and climb over a lot of brush. Still a whole lot of snow once you get near the peak. Stay safe/have fun.

Great trail. Unremittingly up!!

this is a fun, yet challenging hike/snowshoeing trail.

Great hike, I love the views

Maybe I was on the wrong Beus Canyon Trail but Alltrails was showing it took me 7.1 miles to the top one way (another .4 up to the towers). I had never done this hike so I was anticipating about 5 miles to the top based off info I found on the internet. After reaching the towers I headed towards Snowbasins Needles Lodge by taking a small unnamed trail that branched off Bues Canyon and then dropped into Snowbasins trail system. From Needles Lodge I rode the gondola down and grabbed a bloody mary from the bar while waiting for my wife to pick me up! I can't say this was the most enjoyable hike but if you're in the mood to conquer Mt. Ogden then go for it!