Beus Canyon Trail

Beus Canyon Trail is a 7.1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Ogden, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

The Beus Canyon Trail is part of the Great Western Trail. The Beus Canyon segment runs from the east side of Ogden City up to a saddle just south of Mt Ogden Peak. The lower part of the trail is easy as it climbs to the mouth of Beus Canyon, where it intersects the Bonneville Shoreline Trail. The trail continues along Beus Creek until it reaches a small meadow where the canyon forks. This meadow is locally known as Fern Valley, for obvious reasons. From there the trail continues along the south fork of the stream and then climbs the ridge between Beus Canyon and Birch Canyon to the south. The trail continues to climb at a steep pitch as it goes north to the head of Beus Creek. From there, follow rock cairns to the saddle just south of Mount Ogden Peak.

Beautiful and peaceful! Got stopped by snow after 2 miles. Not deep, but I’m not equipped for snow and it was getting slick. Someday I hope to make it to the top!

It took me three tries to complete this hike from trailhead to Snow Basin. First two times I was stopped by the snow and third time finished but ran out of water. Took the gondola down from the top and called for a ride from there. Beautiful hike but second half is completely open with no trees or shade. I did this hike in early September. If I did it again, I would wait until late September or early October.

Didn’t go far in but enjoyed the hike. Sunday was quiet but parking is limited.

Such a gorgeous hike. It was hard and I only was able to go up about 3/4 a mile due to time but I loved it.

This trails is on my favorites list. So beautiful!

My lady friend and I hike up Beus to the top of Mt Ogden, then down Malan Canyon down to 27th street. Holy Moly! Will be an all-time hike. Tough but rewarding. The decent down Malan is crazy. We ran out of water above the old Malan settlement. Thankfully found water about an hour later at the spring below Malan. Water is pouring from the mountain and you will hear the waterfall. It's just a little off the main trail. We had an adventure for the books! 11.5 miles, 4500' of vert.

Pretty difficult trail, I think we got off the trail a little bit but it was beautiful at the top and worth it!! Oh yea a lot of brush and overgrow!!

So fun and absolutely beautiful!!