Bennie Creek Cutoff Trail

Bennie Creek Cutoff Trail is a 4.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Santaquin, Utah that features a great forest setting and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

6.5 miles out and back. Moderate/ difficult.

Awesome trail! The creek itself is beautiful all throughout.

super fun trail. lots of rock sections and bunch of views.

Super muddy right now.

right now the whole trails covered in snow, so half the time we didn't know where to go. was pretty, but I'd save this one for summer

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Monday, June 20, 2016

The trail is mostly shaded and does not have many places where you can see out of the trees. When you can you are able to see Mt Nebo in the distance. There are a number of switchbacks that make the 1,500ft climb easier. Difficulty is always relative but for an individual hiker experience but after 40+ years of hiking I would rate this hike as moderate. There were no really steep climbs and when it does get steep there are switchbacks. Hikers, Horses, Mountain Bikes and Motorcycles are allowed on this trail. I thought it would be very busy but only saw 4 motorbike and 1 horse rider.

Saturday, June 18, 2016

Monday, May 16, 2016

Friday, July 03, 2015

This is right next to grotto falls. It is pleasant if you are trying to steer away from other people!

Saturday, February 28, 2015

My sister and I went and February, funny thing is we thought we are on a different trail. We were looking for a waterfall, we never found it. There are many beautiful views on this hike. We were the only ones there that day. We will definitely be back next fall.
If you go during the winter, make sure to wear some kind of footwear that has grip. Many snowy ice patches and very slippery mud.

Tuesday, September 02, 2014