Bells Canyon Trail to Lower Falls

Bells Canyon Trail to Lower Falls is a 4.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Sandy, Utah that features a lake and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September.

Hike to falls was great this morning with snow/ice on the last 1/4 mile (on the climb). A bit muddy in places due to the 2.5" of rain over the past 3 days. Water over the falls was spectacular

I just did this trail yesterday and it was pretty dry except when you got toward the top. there was a little bit of ice toward the top. The Falls look amazing! I am a 56 year old in fairly good shape and this is a little bit challenging but doable.

Great hike. Be prepared for some snow towards the top in the spring.

Awsome hike

it's an amazing hike! I did it during March 11, there was snow near the top, I wasn't able to make it because my lazy sister and her lazy friend didn't want to go up the steeper area, the area was full of snow at the time, my favorite part was running down and sliding!

Love this hike! One of my favorites especially the large waterfall. Today was very dry in the beginning but throughout the trail is a fair amount of snow and slush. At the waterfall there was not alot of snow surprisingly. Would advise wearing spikes on your shoes.

Great day to hike. Still some snow and mud puddles left from the colder days. Trail starts off with some killer switch backs and increases elevation drastically. Loved it!

I did this today. It was all packed snow the whole time. I had no crampons and slipping was a concern in steep parts. I fell about 4 or 5 times in the final descent to the waterfall. I decided not to go all the way down to the base of the waterfall because I wasn't sure if I could make it back up.

Just did this yesterday. It was ICCCCCCYYYYYY. Please be careful. Im an experienced hiker, and busted my BUTT and have a large abrasion on my butt because of it (tore my leggings etc.) This is one of my all time favorite hikes in the area, when its not snowy. If you're doing this one this time of year PLEASE bring spikes/crampons/snow trax for grip. Also, since all trails can NEVER get anything right, we mapped it with our GPS device. It is exactly 5.4 miles RT from the Granite Trailhead.

Trail is slightly muddy with patches is snow and ice above the lower reservoir. Packed Snow up to the lower Falls so chains are helpful in the steep sections. The snow is deep enough above the Falls that snowshoes are helpful to avoid the occasional post holing. Beautiful in the winter and uncrowned first thing in the morning.