Bells Canyon Trail to Lower Falls

Bells Canyon Trail to Lower Falls is a 4.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Sandy, Utah that features a lake and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September.

3 seconds ago

It gets a bit steep near the end, but it's a beautiful hike.

Love this trail! Beautiful

05/22/17: Very nice hike ! We did it end of afternoon/evening by a nice weather. The first part of the trail is wide and easy than it gets pretty narrow and steep for the last third of it. Totally worth it, I recommend it. It took two good hours total at a normal pace.

22/05/17: Great hike! Totally worth it, I'd recommend it to good hikers. The first half of the trail is easy and wide then becomes quite steep and narrow around the last mile. I took us a good 2h total with a medium pace.

I hiked this trail with my 9 pound dog, I was nervous that he wouldn't be able to get up the rocks, but he could. There were a few points going down that I was nervous for him, so I helped him. The trail was well maintained, the people I passed were all kind. We went up just past the reservoir, then turned around. It was just under two miles. I would have gone further, but this was my dogs first hike and I didn't want to push it. All in all, it was great. I will most definitely be taking him here again.

The hike was beautiful but I didn't think the falls were beautiful enough to be worth it. Strenuous not dangerous.

Step at the end.

Trailhead to the lower reservoir is a nice easy hike and is a good warmup for the second leg. Once you pass the lower reservoir, the fun begins. This trail has an excellent mature of all terrains and following the water flow upstream means there is always something to look at. The last leg of the trail is a pretty difficult climb; large rocks and a steeper grade. But it is so worth it when the reward is the waterfall at the end. Experienced and equipped hiker recommended. Don't do this in your tennis shoes (I've done it, sure, but the decent was less than fun)

love it! it's why I started to love hiking!

GORGEOUS! The trees up to the falls make a nice tunnel and it's seriously beautiful! Don't let the "scramble" scare you, it's really not a hard hike. Took less than 3 hrs and I stopped every two seconds to take pictures.

The waterfall is majestic and the large open area at the top of the hike is ideal for yoga or a picnic.

This is a great and challenging hike! I never made it to the falls because we brought our 5 & 3 year old up not knowing any better, and my 3 year old hit a wall by the time we reached the part where you cross the run off. My 5 year made it, but had a melt down close to the bottom on the way down. This hike is more appropriate for kids 8+. The water is raging right now, so it's a great time to take this hike. There is a pretty steep and long hike up rocks and boulders at the end.

Hiked/trail-ran this trail up to the waterfall. As others report, there is some mud near the end of the final stair/ascent due to run-off from the little creek near that you have to cross at the top. Also, after crossing the creek and just before hitting the falls, there is a larger area of mud; however, it can be avoided by skirting the edge. Falls were fantastic to look at and hear. Scrambling down the trees and rocks next to the falls leads to some great views of the valley.

The falls are raging right now! Beautiful! A little muddy at the top. We also saw a few dogs on the trail and at the falls, including an unleashed dog that did his business in the middle of the trail and the owners left it. This is a watershed and there are plenty of signs at the beginning of the trail that state no dogs. I have 3 of my own, I obey the rules. Take them to Mill creek canyon where they are allowed.