Bells Canyon Trail to Lower Falls

Bells Canyon Trail to Lower Falls is a 4.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Sandy, Utah that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September.

Beautiful

Challenging trail but quick and view worthy. Since local temps have been high, trail is relatively clear of snow and ice till you start in the direction of the falls. From there on, I highly recommend show spikes or something to keep you from falling.

I hiked this trail for the first time-Dec.5
My friend and I both loved it. We were so glad we had our spikes on and our poles in hand-trail was quite icy. Scenery changed frequently. Trail was pretty easy to follow. It got pretty steep about the last 1/3 mile but it was well worth the effort. We found a nice spot above Falls to sit and enjoy a cup of hot soup. (Thanks Betty). We both can’t wait to go back.

Most of the trail is iced over, microspikes needed. Saw a few people turn back because it was too icy.
The beginning of the trail is so-so and not very exciting. After about .7 miles, it starts getting tougher but also more beautiful scenery. This is my first time on this trail but I have to come back in the spring/summer because it seems like it’d be beautiful. Most of the trail is moderate, only the last .5ish miles are hard. Very steep towards the end. Also very rewarding.

Started at the Sandy Trailhead. Snow and ice. Take spikes and poles.

Snow covered and a little icy in some spots. Beautiful waterfall at the end, and it’s frozen right now!

I hike this often, but the first time in the winter. it is gorgeous right now and only slippery in one spot!! i highly recommend going this week. moderate hike if you are used to hiking.

Gorgeous hike with the snow. Most of the way is fairly easy, gets steeper towards the end. We ended up going past the falls about a half mile to a gorgeous overlook. The part between the falls and the overlook is even more consistently steep, but worth it. The snow was beautiful! We took trekking poles, which was a huge help on the way down with the slush.

Last bit was steep but worth it. The Falls were beautiful!

We did this one on Thanksgiving Day. Beautiful hike, fairly easy until the last little bit.. I'm in moderate shape and I had no problem doing this hike though I did have to work hard. I used hiking poles which made a huge difference both in getting up that last steep bit and in saving my knees on the way down. We went just above the falls and my hiking tracker put the trip at 6.4 miles with an elevation gain of 1726.

It’s a great hike to do with your family. Would highly recommend.

Very very rocky. The waterfall at the top is beautiful. Started around 10 and it was cold at the top, but on the way down we had to take off our jackets. A little too precarious for running in my opinion, would only recommend to experienced trail runners.

Fun hike. Trail is pretty once you get past the reservoir.

Beautiful hike, the last mile or so is straight up to the falls. Prepare for burning quads, even if you are in good shape.

pretty and a great workout. went a week ago and started late AM, it was cool at first, cold right at top by falls, and warm on return. layer!

Did this a few weeks ago and the fall colors were breathtaking. A lot of scenery changes and a lake on the way! It’s not too tough until the last third of the trail... and that’s UPHILL! Totally worth the hike and great views into the valley from rocks adjacent to the falls. I’d do this one again any day.

Steep uphill, pretty drastic temperature change as you go up, but gorgeous

Pretty steep but nice hike. Also be ready for a temperature change as you go up the mountain. It took us about 1.5 h up and 35 min down. We ran down though. Beautiful views along the way and at the top. Trail is in good condition, well marked, and easy to follow. Certainly worth the effort!

One of my personal favorites!