Spring Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started
Learn more

Beirdneau Peak Trail is a 12.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Logan, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and bird watching and is best used from May until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 12.3 miles Elevation Gain: 4,511 feet Route Type: Out & Back

historic site

Great trail. I ran it to 8100’ (3,000 foot climb) and back at 9 miles even. Continuous, moderate climbing but view along the way worth it. Not for the faint of heart...

I’m relatively new to hiking so my goal was just to get up on the ridge overlooking Logan Canyon on one side and Green Canyon on the other. I came up from the Wind Cave Trail... steady uphill all the way to the ridge... nothing too drastic which made coming back down pretty smooth. Trail was in good shape with just a few rocky patches. The views on the ridge are great... some nice shaded areas up there. If you’re coming back down in the afternoon you’ll catch a lot of sun.

I hate to recommend this simply because there were so few people on the trail, even on a Saturday! I spent 30 minutes on the summit without a soul in sight which is very rare with most places anymore. I kept stopping along the way because the view in any direction was spectacular and the wildflowers were absolutely gorgeous. I strongly recommend but hope the 'hard' rating keeps people away. But if you're up for a challenge...