Bear Canyon Bridge via Bonneville Shoreline Trail

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(636)
Hidden Valley Park

Bear Canyon Bridge via Bonneville Shoreline Trail is a 3.3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Draper, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, running, nature trips, and mountain biking and is best used from January until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.3 miles Elevation Gain: 508 feet Route Type: Out & Back

partially paved

This trail enters the Bonneville Shoreline Trail at Hidden Valley Park and leads to the Bear Canyon Bridge. The driveway and access to the Hidden Valley Park is located inside the parking lot of the LDS Chapel. There is no direct easement on Wasatch Blvd.

The hike wasn’t so good but it was worth the last little loop

Beautiful! My kids loved seeing little lizards, we did see a snake but not a rattlesnake. The wildflowers are so pretty and on a Monday morning it wasn’t busy at all!

loved this trail. Not a whole lot of wild flowers but enjoyed the mix of sun and shade.

DOG HIKERS BEWARE - you can’t actually do this exact trail, you can do an adjacent path that isn’t nearly as beautiful. Undoubtedly the most beautiful parts of the trail are only accessible without dogs as the trail is in the Watershed area. If the ‘Verified Completed’ banners thrill you, you can’t get this one with your dog.

Hiked this with my 3 yo over the weekend and it was beautiful! Easily a new favorite due to the views and fun trail features. Watch out for rattlesnakes though.

Great easy trail, bridge was cooler than I thought it would be. DOG HIKERS: There are parts of the trail that are not accessible to dogs. It isn’t an issue, just stay on the paved part at the beginning until you start seeing Dogs OK signs. Also you will not be able to do the little loop right before the bridge. I started around 7:15am and saw maybe three people the entire way to the bridge. It started picking up a little bit on my way back. I can see this trail getting busy later in the day. If you go early you also avoid direct sunlight as the sun hasn’t risen over the mountains yet.

Absolutely beautiful start to the day. Glad we arrived early, because this is a popular trail. Arriving early also gave us nice shade throughout most of the hike; only the last 1/2 mile was exposed. Took the Bear Loop after the bridge, which led to a cute, small red suspension bridge. Fun and easy hike!

This trail has some lovely views! The waterfall left a bit to be desired, but it was still pretty. Most of the trail was pretty flat, but it did seem to take a long time to arrive at the waterfall from the trail head that google maps gave us directions to. I think there is a closer place to park, but not sure how to get there. It did seem to be an overall kid friendly hike.

Despite a bit of rain earlier today, the trail is completely dry as of this evening. The trail is in good shape—the whole trail system in the area is in good shape. Lots of people on the trail in the evening.

This is a favorite hike. Easy access, easy to use. mostly flat with an occasional up and down. We take it from Hidden Valley to the bridge and back. Great views of the southern Salt Lake Valley. On this trip we saw some people tight roping across one of the side canyons. It is not uncommon to see paraglider soaring overhead.

You can go underneath the bridge to see the little fall :) it was a cute hike.

Great, easy hike!! The bridge was fun!

Really cool trail with a lot of unique parts including one where you walk under big boulders and several scenic bridges.

A good, fun hike. I think we came down on a lower trail. It had beautiful wildflowers. Most of the trail is pretty exposed.

We took our boys on the loop that crosses both bridges. Beautiful hike & just enough of a challenge for us all. The wildflowers were beautuful!

This trail was easy and truly beautiful. Went on May 3rd and everything was so green! Started at 8:30 and it was not crowded at all.

Fun hike, beautiful wild flowers I didn’t realize this connected to the suspension bridge, love the views how it overlooks the city can be a little steep incline at first other than that relatively easy - wear good shoes as rocks and gravel can be slick, our dog loved it

Great hike! Super fun! Started about 730, not super busy at all. Multiple trailheads that can lead to the bridge .

The kids and I were looking for something easier to hike to begin the hiking season. I’m glad we did this one, we went on a Tuesday right before noon. It wasn’t as busy as I thought it would have been. My kids enjoyed it. The bridge is a cool sight.

Nice, easy hike/walk. Not much elevation change. Beautiful fuchsia wildflowers. An easy place to take dogs. Just make sure to go further south in the park to find the trail entrance where dogs are allowed on the trail. Busy with hikers, bikers and runners. Beautiful view of the valley the entire trail. My favorite part was a little rocky tunnel that reminded me of Southern Utah. If you’re looking for something strenuous, this is too easy. Great for spring or fall since there is not much shade. Easy if you wanted to take kids. I’d only go again with kids or without my dogs so I could run or bike.

The first half of this trail was too hard for me. I'm a beginner. I had to walk my bike up a huge Hill, down stairs, up rocky terrain. Halfway through at the suspension bridge it was doable for me. I could ride most of the rest. I brought my 10 year old son. We're about the same level.

HEAVILY trafficked! Had to park on the street, and watch the signs where you park, Draper police were handing out parking tickets. Good fun trail if you have smaller kids, but if you are like me and dont want to see many people then its definitely not for you. Some people are very disrespectful and there is dog poop all along the trail, so watch your kids.

Nice easy trail, pretty heavy traffic. Less people further south

We hiked this trail yesterday as a family service project to pick up trash; knowing it was a popular trail. It was a nice trail with beautiful views. The suspension bridge was pretty cool. There were several hikers and bikers; most were friendly and courteous. I would say that it was pretty sad to see the amount of trash we collected, left behind by careless, rude people. Lots of plastic bottles, beer cans, wrappers, diapers, etc. We even found an old air mattress hidden in the trees to the side of the trail. Obviously a party hangout spot. All together, we collected 2 large yard bags full of trash in only two miles. It was pretty upsetting to see. But, this section of the BST is clean for now. I really hope more people will start taking better care of our beautiful mountains, or they won’t stay that way for long. Please consider taking a garbage bag, gloves and/or pinchers with you when hiking popular trails, and pick up any garbage you see. If we all work together, we can keep our trails pristine and beautiful. Not to mention, help protect wildlife from harm.

Great hike although it is more of a walk! Not wet or icy at all.

Great for families.

I did this as a trail run. A great variety of terrain but not overly difficult. Running on the suspension bridge was pretty fun. You really bounce a lot. Beautiful views of the valley along the Bonneville shoreline trail.

Part of the BST, you get to cross a suspension bridge. Lots of people.

Great trail for all ages and a good variety of activities (running, hiking biking, etc...) Very easily accessible. This is a trail with a variety of skill levels as you can go on different routes throughout to give yourself a bit more of a challenge. A good amount of people but everyone was very polite and friendly. I will do this trail again no doubt!