Bear Canyon Bridge via Bonneville Shoreline Trail

Bear Canyon Bridge via Bonneville Shoreline Trail is a 4.3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Draper, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is best used from January until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This trail enters the Bonneville Shoreline Trail at Hidden Valley Park and leads to the Bear Canyon Bridge.

The path had beautiful views and some shady parts, but if you take a dog you can’t get to the waterfalls. So it’s kind of anti-climatic. Otherwise, great FIRST hike with my 4-month old puppy!!

I brought my dog along with me, lots of fun! She loved it and I loved it, win win!

Good trail, and is great for those starting out. Dog owners should note that the BSL part is where dogs can be on a leash, all of the connections do not allow dogs. There were a few times I regretted bringing the dog because I could not venture on paths I wanted to check out.

how and where does the trail start? I came across some houses and it's there's no trail. can anyone help? I really want to go hiking on this trail.

Very pretty, quick and fun!

Perfect in the early evening when the surrounding scrub oak shaded us! My 3 and 5 year old loved all the bridges and fun rock tunnel!!
Take lots of water and beware of snakes! We saw two.

Very easy trail, pretty busy with hikers, families, and a few bikers. End of the trail leads to another trail, so if you parked a car at both ends you could prevent from having to do the same walk round trip.

I have not hiked close to a year now, this was a good beginning hike.

This beautiful hike is perfect especially this time of year! The bridge is amazing.

Only difficult at the beginning but then it’s rolling hills. I didn’t take my kids but I will for sure next time. Beautiful views.

This was a really nice hike. The majority of it is Bonniville Trail; Bear Loop is a very small offshoot but it’s still very pretty with a nice waterfall.

Bring lots of water; the trail is majority in the sun so sunscreen is essential too. It’s a busy trail but everyone is willing to give everyone else room to get by.

3 bridges, a boulder tunnel, a waterfall, mountain and urban views, this trail has something for everyone!

This trail has a few different entry points from the Bonneville Shoreline Trail (BST). Actually, the BST is the only trail you really need to follow if you want to go on the suspension bridge shown in the title screen. However, if you want to see the waterfall and a smaller bridge, then an extra climb is needed.

The trailhead as shown on alltrails starts in Hidden Valley Park in Sandy (South of Salt Lake City), but when you get there, if you don't know the place, it can be a little tricky to find, mostly as you are not parking at a trailhead, but at the park itself. If you go to the far end of the parking lot toward the mountain (GPS marker is listed in the video), you will see a trail going up the hill, follow this paved path about .1 mile to the actual trailhead. This is the way started the trail. However, if you want to shorten it, go further down the paved path maybe .3-.4 mile til you can see a wide gravel path going up a hill, this will shorten your trail by about .5 mile probably. Walk up this hill, take a right at a set of steps and go down over a bridge, follow the BST Trail to a fenced area. If you go into this fenced area this is actually the Bear Canyon Loop which requires a climb up a few hundred feet incline then down over a bridge, where a small waterfall can be seen. However, if you are there with a dog, or just want to see the suspension bridge, then walk past the wooden gate to the Bear Canyon Loop, go straight and get to the bridge in a jiffy! There are map screen shots in the video trail guide that will help you with this hike.

There are other ways to get to this bridge- other trail entries from nearby neighborhoods, or maybe even if you are walking from the opposite direction on the BST.

Keep in mind there is a good chance to see mountain bikers as well as hikers on this trail.

This trail is also popular with families with small children as well as tourists and trail runners.

See photo/video collage here: https://youtu.be/aabCnXQX3VM

Hiking with my two dogs. 4.3.18 we are from Las Vegas and just moved here 4.1.18 and my dogs had such a great time hiking. We love the weather, the bridge totally awesome but don’t see the water falls due to the sign said no dogs allowed. But we definitely gonna keep coming back here.

Nice gradual hike with amazing views. lots of bikers on this trail which they make you move out of the way for. They do tell you if they are the last. Trail was dry on this day. It was also cloudy. If it wasn't you would be hiking in full sun. Be sure to bring water for those days. I had my dog and his poop bag the whole way. There aren't any trash cans that I saw until the trailhead and also toilets.

Nice morning hike. Incredible views!

We started at the parking lot by the church, not too hard and you get an awesome view of the city almost the whole way there. Kinda muddy right now but there was a lot of green too!

easy trail for sunday afternoon, bring your dogs 3 waste bags stations, no reason to leave anything behind

This is a really cool place. I wouldn’t have expected it to be up there behind just the neighborhood

This is a nice easy family hike. My 5 year old had no problem. Beware as we saw needles and other drug paraphernalia towards the beginning of the trail head, but afterwards it was all natural beauty. The suspension bridge was awesome and overall it was a enjoyable experience.

Definitely not moderate but a very fun easy hike. The suspension bridge is worth it alone. Make sure right by the bridge you go on bear canyon loop, it takes you up a little higher where the stream is.

This was an easy but fun hike. I have never been on a suspension bridge and it was worth the hike to see it and cross it.

It's really an easy trail so I'm not sure why it is rated as moderate.

Awesome easy hike with great views. Dog friendly and relaxing.

Nice hike but I got lost at first till I figured out I have to go with BST trailhead then once you find closed gate take the stairs down on the right side and keep going till you reach bear canyon loop and the suspension bridge

Nice graded, family friendly hike. Nice views throughout. We took our 6 & 7 year old boys. They did great.

easy beautiful short hike.

Easy hike, but not very shaded so try to go earlier in the day or late at night. Overall it was okay and the bridge was cool.

Great hike! Awesome view and the trail overall was pretty cool. Some incline at the beginning but overall not too hard and well worth the hike. WARNING: Make sure to watch out for snakes! We saw a 2 snakes at different points on the trail.

great views of the city, not to hard

Gorgeous trail! Little confusing to find but we figured it out! The Bears Loop was a fun little extra, maybe half mile, after you cross the bridge rather than going back over it. Went around 8:30 in mid July and most of it was still shady and cool!