Bear Canyon Bridge Trail

Bear Canyon Bridge Trail is a 4.3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Draper, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is best used from January until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is a really cool place. I wouldn’t have expected it to be up there behind just the neighborhood

This is a nice easy family hike. My 5 year old had no problem. Beware as we saw needles and other drug paraphernalia towards the beginning of the trail head, but afterwards it was all natural beauty. The suspension bridge was awesome and overall it was a enjoyable experience.

Definitely not moderate but a very fun easy hike. The suspension bridge is worth it alone. Make sure right by the bridge you go on bear canyon loop, it takes you up a little higher where the stream is.

This was an easy but fun hike. I have never been on a suspension bridge and it was worth the hike to see it and cross it.

It's really an easy trail so I'm not sure why it is rated as moderate.

Awesome easy hike with great views. Dog friendly and relaxing.

Nice hike but I got lost at first till I figured out I have to go with BST trailhead then once you find closed gate take the stairs down on the right side and keep going till you reach bear canyon loop and the suspension bridge

Nice graded, family friendly hike. Nice views throughout. We took our 6 & 7 year old boys. They did great.

easy beautiful short hike.

Easy hike, but not very shaded so try to go earlier in the day or late at night. Overall it was okay and the bridge was cool.

Great hike! Awesome view and the trail overall was pretty cool. Some incline at the beginning but overall not too hard and well worth the hike. WARNING: Make sure to watch out for snakes! We saw a 2 snakes at different points on the trail.

great views of the city, not to hard

Gorgeous trail! Little confusing to find but we figured it out! The Bears Loop was a fun little extra, maybe half mile, after you cross the bridge rather than going back over it. Went around 8:30 in mid July and most of it was still shady and cool!

The hike itself was gorgeous since we went night hiking. however, I followed the directions on the app and it lead me to a church and waaay off from where the actual trailhead started.

This was a nice hike. For me it was a bit confusing to find the trail because I kept looking for "bear canyon trail" signs, which do not exist. So to those that need the help, like I did, here is what you do. Park in the park parking lot next to the LDS church. Take the paved path that heads east and then south. Take the second BST exit which heads south. Stay on the BST for like 1.5 miles. Then you have a choice. You can take the bear canyon loop first, which ends right after the suspension bridge and then come back on the bridge and back up the BST. OR you can stay on the BST past the suspension bridge and head back via the bear canyon loop. Either way it will only be about 3.5 miles total and like 400 ft elevation gain. The hike is very exposed, so go early. Also, the BST is a busy trail, especially for bikers, so stay alert. I wouldn't say this is kid friendly, but maybe teenager friendly. The bear canyon loop gets a bit steep, so little ones may have a harder time. Enjoy! (Oh and please note that there is a section of this trail that is NOT dog friendly. Please watch for the signs and respect the watershed)

Easy hike that gives you awesome views of the valley!

Easy. beautiful views.

Such an amazing hike. I'll be doing it again.

Quite the mellow hike. Loved it! Dog friendly!

Pretty good trail that was decent for my kids. No shade at all so make sure to go early or late in the day if it's hot.