Battle Creek Lookout and Curly Springs via Bonneville Shoreline Trailhead

Battle Creek Lookout and Curly Springs via Bonneville Shoreline Trailhead is a 4.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Provo, Utah that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This trail can be made into a loop by connecting to the Dry Canyon Trail on the way down.

Nice little hike! My buddy and I made it to the top in 45 minutes. Heard a pack of Coyotes on the way back. Crazy! Great views at the top though.

Curley Springs is meant to be a loop trail that can start at either Battle Creek Canyon or Dry Canyon in Lindon and make a loop upper then back on the foothill trails. My goal was to take my external GPS and track it for All Trails so they could revise this trail and show it as the loop it was meant to be. Not sure what happened but even though I downloaded the map and had lots of satellites connecint my phone to GPS, as soon as I made it up from Balltlecreek canyon to connect with the trail my dot locked up, and I got lost coming down. a little frustrating that Google maps worked better than this. Anyway here are my pics and cons of making the loop like I did.
Pros: I liked the variety of scenery. In Battle Creek Canyon you get to walk along and cross the river and see the Gorgeous waterfall. Then you head up in the hills and it is lots of growth. I was kinda glad I was doing this trail so early in the Spring for the trail might have been harder to keep track of with more growth (but then maybe it will also get more traffic?). There was a few times I wondered.if I should turn back because the trail was a little tricky, but your just walking along the Ridgeline for much of the time so if you stay close to it you should be close to the trail. Surprisingly when I got to the top where the All trails ends is the easiest section. (If you are trying to find this trail from the Lindon side take the right fork close.to.the end and the watch for another right fork. That is where I entered the trail. ). This was a beautiful section with amazing views of the valley. I thought this section would be the easiest, but there are so many different trails going so.many different ways that I ended up so far off from my Target. It would have been fine if my All trails would have worked, but ...

I couldn't get to the hike. It looks like you have to go through someone's property to get to the hike... so we couldn't do it after all.

Saturday, August 05, 2017

The hike is pretty steep at first as you ascend to the ridge, but then there are amazing views as you walk along the top of the mountains! I found a great place to hammock at the summit.

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

This is a very easy hike. There is a really good view of the valley, baldy, and Timpanogos pretty much the whole time.

Monday, May 15, 2017

This was a great hike. I would consider the hike easy only in the sense that it is not technical, and easy to navigate. Otherwise, I would consider it moderate in the elevation gain in the first mile. The loose rock is hard to navigate, especially going down. The views from the trail basically the entire hike are great. There is a small spring about 1.25 miles up that gurgles and trickles fresh water down the mountain. Will definitely do this one again.

Tuesday, July 04, 2017