Battle Creek Falls Trail

Battle Creek Falls Trail is a 4.1 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Pleasant Grove, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Hiked this on 2/10, great hike, made it about 3/4s of the way up before the snow was too deep. It was slippery on the way down, so bring spikes/poles!

Did this hike on 1/22/19. Waterfall is mostly frozen. Went back in about 2 miles in past the waterfall. Trail is packed down most of the way. Turned around when I got an avalanche warning on my phone.

Took me 1 hr to get up in the snow, with a dog, a random rappel at the first falls and a couple of stops to grab some good ol' h2o. It only took me under 30 min to get back to my car from the"top" --I like to trail run down. Would recommend.

Absolutely beautiful and an easy hike! The water fall is half frozen and stunning. Definitely would recommend!!

We went right after it rained, so the fall colors were extra pretty! About halfway up we hit some heavy fog which was really cool, and made for a great fall hike! Haha, your pants will get wet from brushing along wet grass if you go after rain

It is a sweet hike not very long but the beauty is worth it.

Easy and short trail. I like it.

It's a good family, friendly trail.

I liked it. Lots of people up to the falls but after the falls it is somewhat steeper and less hikers. Easy trail to follow even through the tall grass in the meadows.

This was a fun, short hike. We walked from Nunns Park up to the trailhead and then hiked to the falls. very beautiful waterfall and a close hike to get away from the city life! To get up close to the falls there is a bit of a scramble but the rest of the hike is fine. Steep, but short and doable for all.

One of my new favorites!! Fun fun fun. . With great views and smells from the fresh air infused with the creek and the fall colors! Get your blood pumping .

Nice hike, a little tricky without good shoes due to loose shale.

Fun hike for the family, including 2 young kids and 2 small dogs.

Luv it

Fun hike, but a little misleading for first-timers. The falls—which are awesome—are within the first half-mile of the hike. On a holiday (like today—Labor Day), that section of the hike is very busy. From there, the trail along the stream is very narrow in parts, with treacherous, loose gravel drop offs. If you have little ones like us, you’ll want to keep a hand on them.
After the first mile, which is quite steep to boot, the trail evens out and is quite lovely. We didn’t quite make it to the end, but came within spitting distance—we clocked exactly 4 miles total. Plan on around three hours if you’re going to go the distance.

This is my favorite hike in Utah county! It would be nice if the trailhead was marked so you know you're on the right path...I was confused for a bit before I figured out which trail to take.

What a great trail!! My pup and I went early on in the morning (around 7:45am) on a Sunday and only saw 3 other people. It was cool weather which was nice. The hike was great. A little steeper than I thought, but managed to do it just fine (gave my thighs a little burn) and my dog did it easily. The first waterfall is the tallest one (and where most people stopped and turned around). If you keep going there are a few smaller waterfalls and just amazing scenery in general. I followed the All Trails outline of the trail and it lead to a beautiful open meadow area. The trail goes on, but we decided to go back to the truck and it turned out to be a total of 4.5 miles round trip. I am happy I went earlier as when I was heading down, towards the waterfalls were the families and such. I prefer to just hike with the pup and myself so we try to do all of our hikes early on, plus the weather is nicer. Like I said earlier, it is a little steep and it's a lot of loose rocks (be careful if you aren't sure footed or have kids as it is a little narrow). I can't wait to do this hike again.

Did this a few weeks ago with my three kids(10,7,3). It was an easy hike to the lower(big) Falls. We played in the water and stood under the waterfall. Be careful and make sure no one is up on top of the waterfall causing rocks to fall.

Great hike to the falls. If you want to go further, it's nice, too. Fairly steep after the falls, but not hard.

Very nice hike. The views are incredible. And to have the stream right along the trail was awesome! Will definitely do this hike again

good short hike and very nice falls.

Short. Easy with kids. Beautiful.

Great for kids an goes straight up till the waterfalls

Love it!

Definitely a steady climb. I always thought there was just one water fall because I always stopped down at the base and hung out then went back down. Today I kept going up past the waterfall and discovered more falls. The trail does continue to climb. we stopped at the area where it forks off to either Curly Springs or Dry Creek. The sign said only 1.3 miles from the Kiwanis park (where the parking lot was) felt like we went further. The hike was gorgeous and past the falls there was an occasional person or people hiking but for the majority of the time we were alone.

Popular hike- the parking lot was essentially full around 9am on Saturday. Trail mostly shaded so could have even come later in the day. It's a short hike to the main waterfall, but there are more waterfalls to be seen if you keep going on the trail.

Nice shaded hike with beautiful waterfalls

Super easy hike for the family and for your little ones. People bring their dogs on the trail and leave theirs dogs “mess” so watch for that. But fun and very popular.

The first part of the trail can accommodate groups rather nicely as it is wide excluding a few passes. It felt like a relatively safe trail for children to be lightly supervised.

If you decide to keep hiking past the initial waterfall the trail starts to increase in difficulty considerably. More water and incline conditioning is required.