Battle Creek Falls Trail is a 4.1 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Pleasant Grove, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 4.1 miles Elevation Gain: 1,847 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Note: As of May 2020, the trail is open on the weekends but closed Monday to Friday. Pretty crowded up until the falls but if you go past the falls it clears up a lot.

4 minutes ago

Was a pretty hike with a sweet view. It was a bit harder than I thought but worth it at the end. If you go to the waterfall at the beginning it’s a short and easy hike but to make it to the top is a bit tougher but not too hard. Took us about 2.5 hours round trip.

Great hike! My kids and I enjoyed it.

Started at the G mountain parking lot and went up from there (clockwise). This was amazing! Strenuous and steep, but stunning the absolute whole way and some even more incredible scenery and meadows all the way up to the base of Mount Timp. We went all the way up Grove Creek and then right on Timpooneke-Chris Flat. We then followed the Loop and did Battle Creek on the way out. When I do this trail again, I WILL turn around and go back down the way I came once Timpooneke-Chris Flat meets up with Battle Creek. Battle Creek is ugly, sandy, dirt, and rocks the absolute entire way down. There is a beautiful waterfall halfway down the ugly scenery and steep loose rock, but it’s over crowded with people and children. Half of Battle Creek is over crowded with families and children (enjoying all the cool creeks that side of the canyon). I like to avoid crowds and children-especially when they block the ENTIRE trail. Overall this trail (other than Battle Creek) is my favorite I’ve ever done and the most BEAUTIFUL!!!

The first mile is easy and has 3 waterfalls. The second mile is straight uphill and SO HARD. With no view at the end. Not worth it. Only go to the waterfalls. Nothing good last there:)

Its not 4 miles to the falls. You follow a dirt road for about 0.75 miles. Its kind of steep when approaching the end where you vear off to the falls, but overall its a very short and easy hike. My only complaint is the number of people on it. Each year it gets more and more populated and its rare that you'll find a day when there's not everyone and their dog on the trail.

I have to say that this hike placed in my top 2. The rewards of this hike never ends. We made several stops to hang out at really cool spots. I honestly felt super relaxed during this hike because the calm, running water.

Fun, short hike! It was super crowded when we went 5/17/20 but pretty all the same!

To the falls is super easy and about .5 miles, also very crowded. If you go past the waterfalls it there isn't many people at all. It is just under 2 miles from the falls to a very pretty meadow (up hill the whole way though). You can go further past the meadow, but we didn't have enough time. It is definitely steep, but the view is amazing.

This hike is straight up to the falls. We had kids & dogs, but this is harder than advertised. Beautiful waterfall at the end.

Great family hike! Semi-difficult for young children as there are steep inclines and lots of loose rocks. Overall a fun trail with lots of great picture spots

One of my favorite hikes. The first and biggest waterfall is about 1/2 mile up. Totally doable for people of varying abilities. Our group has children 9-14 and adults 30-64. After the first waterfall there are two more smaller waterfalls along the river. We just went to where the sign is posted with options to Curley Springs and Dry Creek. I'm not sure how far that actually was? The hike had maintained trails and it was mostly uphill on the way up, downhill on the way down.

Super steep on Battle Creek side. Grove creek side was easier. Little snow on top.

5/19/20 great trail that is worthy of the positive reviews. Fairly shaded when I started in the morning. A good climb hike. Always fun to hike along a stream with some waterfalls.

Fun little hike! First waterfall about a half mile up, with some pretty views above that as well. Quite crowded today (Sunday)... not sure if always this busy or if everybody is just feeling cooped up from COVID. Great hike!

The elevation gain is gradual and manageable! Very nice hike, good workout but not too strenuous. About a mile in, I was warned of a possible cougar about another mile up. Just be aware, but it's a highly trafficked area so I wouldn't be too worried. Just hike in groups :)

We love doing this hike with our 4 boys. We week a couple weeks ago and I think my son left his beloved leopard lovies there! If you happen to go and see them... will you post here? I tried putting a picture in the photos of what they look like

Cute waterfall, a bit steep but easy to get to. A bit crowded from people playing on the ropes so it spoiled the view a bit but still pretty.

Starting from Battle Creek falls was pretty steep but doable. We went at a slow pace. Beautiful huge fields once you start crossing over towards the grove creek part. Lots of little water features and great views. Grove creek side doesn’t have a whole lot of trail once you’re doing the last few miles so you probably wouldn’t want to bring the littles on that part necessarily.

Good workout. Rocky and quite steep. Various falls along the way and was busy. Easy to follow trail.

Beautiful hike today on 05/11/20. Trail is open during the week with a small trail to the south of the construction. Once you get about a mile up you hit the construction road. Looks like it used to be the trail, but not sure why they have widened it. It will eventually be pretty again. Once you hit the meadow, it is so pretty. The grass is super green and worth the hike.

Fun hike. Pretty steep. Only went 2 mi round trip did not do all 4

The hike starts on a dirt road that turns into a trail, and then the last 1/3 of the hike is another dirt road up to a large meadow. Having not done this trail before this season, I was surprised that the beautiful waterfall is at the beginning of the hike! That makes it great for families with young kids that want to see a waterfall, because it's the most easily accessible one after a short walk. The waterfall appears just after the initial dirt road you walk up turns into a trail. The rest of the hike is beautiful, but nothing spectacular. It has some great steep sections for a great thigh and calf workout for sure. I was a little worried it was going to end with just the dirt road, but it opens up to a beautiful meadow with snowcapped mountains.

I did it with my 10 year old and I weight 440lbs it was pretty difficult for me because I am a big man, but, it was worth it

First waterfall isn’t too far and not too steep. After you pass some little water falls the trail does get pretty steep. Has a good view at the top!

Very easy hike to the waterfall. Good shade. Still fun to hike in the winter. Wide trail, lots of parking.

The best part is the first waterfall. After the second waterfall the trail is steeper and not very pretty. The meadow at the end of the trail is pretty and has a good view but there is concrete slabs and pipes all over due to construction. Overall a good hike! The end of the trail might not be as exciting as one would like.