Battle Creek Falls Trail

Battle Creek Falls Trail is a 4.1 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Pleasant Grove, Utah that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

The first part of the trail can accommodate groups rather nicely as it is wide excluding a few passes. It felt like a relatively safe trail for children to be lightly supervised.

If you decide to keep hiking past the initial waterfall the trail starts to increase in difficulty considerably. More water and incline conditioning is required.

A very clean and uncrowded area. People complaining about it being to hot are the ones who can't force themselves to get up before 9:00 am. It's a beautiful temperature through 6 - 7 am. Beware it gets more crowded around 9 am. The falls where beautiful and there is a small stream that comes from the falls that you see 1/4 the way there. The trail goes on past the falls, and leads to a pretty view of the city inbetween the mountains. I went at the perfect time as was able to see the sun rise over the mountains near the end of the trail.

This area is dry and hot this year. I started out about 9am. 30min in it was hot. We passed by the first waterfall and found the trail nice and empty. It is very busy the first .5 miles to the falls.

One other complaint is the bathroom at Kiwanis park at the trail head is disgusting, toilet paper smeared all over the ground with brownish liquid all over them., no toilet paper on the rolls. Stinky with allot of flies. There is a park behind the high school on road you come in on that is so much nicer.

Easy 1/2 mile hike to the first waterfall, but going past that gets pretty difficult. Very steep. We made it 2 miles in and turned back. We thought the 4 mile estimate for this trail was round trip, but later learned it is one way. Also, many people said they took their small kids on this easily - maybe to the first Falls. Past that, I cannot see a child that size getting terribly far (I have 2 small children myself). Overall though, we enjoyed it...challenging & great scenery!

This hike is great. The trail is indeed, busy and heavily trafficked. Unfortunately, there is trash and dog poo. But... once the trail begins to run alongside the creek, it’s beautiful. Then, the falls. It’s a fun and safe hike to the falls.
If you hike past the falls, elevation climbs drastically. For those of us who are not from Utah... the elevation really affects the lungs. But it’s beautiful. Take lots of water, and prepare for an uphill climb in... and a steep downhill out.
Also: the trail goes much farther than the 4-miles in, as it merges with a couple other trails, including Dry Canyon. There appear to be rustic camp sites along the trail...

great fun, kids had a blast. we brought them in their swim suits and shorts on top so they could play in some of the little pond formations. overall, we had a great time.

Fun and easy it does get steep. the waterfall is beautiful.

It is a short hike. I went with my 4 yr old and he did great. Pretty falls and scenery.

A nice easy hike with a nice cool waterfall to sit by. Definitely would recommend to people starting to hike.

Great hike, Dogs ok, I took my 10,11,15, and 4 year old and they did just fine, keep in mind if you are out of shape to take your time to not rush and you can make it. Very woorth the Falls ar the end defiantly go!!!!

As others have said hike to falls is about a mile slight incline, my 5 & 8 year old girls did well to this point and even to the top of the falls. Falls are not that impressive but there is a nice spot to look up from the bottom and enjoy the cool mist. The trail continues uphill along the river with a few smaller waterfalls. They tired pretty quickly after the falls and we turned around about a mile past the falls.

Stopped a little after the waterfall, but it's a nice and wide trail to that point. Plenty of space at the bottom of the waterfall to hang out. Also, the incline is not too bad as it's spread out pretty evenly.

We just hiked to the main falls, about a mile trip. Kids loved it.

A great trail! Mostly uphill and kind of steep but all my kids did it (ages 4-11). It follows a creek and is mostly shady. We left about 9:30am and it wasn’t too hot or cold yet. The water is very cold, but refreshing. Beautiful views. Kind of rocky and loose gravel on the steepest hills so wear good shoes.

The hike to the waterfall itself is probably about a mile or so and we usually turn around once we reach the waterfall. The beginning is a steady steep climb. About a few minutes in the hike there is water flowing on the side of the trail which is great for doggos to cool down. A lot of people hang out at the bottom of the waterfall and have picnic. You can also climb to the top of the water fall and kinda see Utah lake at a distance. We have not ran into a lot of dogs here but there are a lot of family hikers. The hike is offleash for dogs. Also the waterfall is pretty short but still beautiful.

Very steep short hike to falls. Fun little places to walk in the river and up under the waterfall.

Elegant trail, fun water spots, assistance in any steep areas. bring water!

A perfect place for photos. Bring a camera!!

The hike to the waterfall doesn't have the most beautiful scenery but if you're up for it, you can keep going past the big waterfall and a second little waterfall and it becomes beautiful! we went all the way up the canyon to an open meadow that has a campfire pit. I highly recommend getting to the meadow if you can. Coming down was a little hard on the knees so take it slow if you need to.

beautiful falls! good tree cover, and the trail wasn't too steep. we only went a little past the falls, but the creek was beautiful. the birds singing made a great backdrop! great area for bird watchers.

Four star rating only because we've been spoiled by bigger and more beautiful falls in the past. We hiked to the top of the first falls and beyond which made it more worthwhile. The trial os not as scenic but when you get to the top of the falls it is. Not much shade but at least the parking lot is sufficient

Good short hike if you just go to the main waterfall.

This is good moderate hike. The trail is marked well. It is a steady climb with no real switchbacks. You do cross the creek a few times above the lower falls. I hiked about halfway between the two falls, and saw a couple smaller falls along the way. Good shade. The shale-like rocks are tough on the knees.

The route on the map leads to a random spot on the loop trail toward dry canyon so if you’re hoping for another bigger waterfall you’ll be let down. The river is gorgeous up there though. Good workout hike too! Nice and steep way to start the season

A great hike for kids. Enough vertical incline to get your heart rate up just a bit. Quick in and out and not too far. I did this twice in two days and both times it was fairly crowded.

A lot of people just stop at the falls, but you can actually go to the top of the falls and keep following the trail. I haven’t hiked the whole thing yet (the trail leads to dry creek), but it is an amazing hike! I love meeting all the dogs along the way!

Very crowded! But still fun. And it was memorial day weekend.

If you are by the area it's worth it, for me it was quite a drive. It's a quick hike, it does have some incline but it's not too bad - you'll be there in no time. You can go over the waterfall and enjoy the overlook.

Love this hike and waterfall. It was great, even in January years ago for our engagement pictures. We've taken kids and dogs and everyone always has a good time.

Love this hike!!

Good short hike with a nice water feature at the end. You can keep going pass the waterfall however I didn't go pass the waterfall. It's definitely rocky and not tons of shade.