Bald Mountain via Silver Lake Trail

Bald Mountain via Silver Lake Trail is a 3.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Park City, Utah that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and birding and is best used from April until October.

Definitely not an easy hike due to the incline, but the views are exceptional! Especially with the fall colors. I was thinking of taking Ontario Trail down, but opted for the lift which offered a good view as well.

Great trail. Mostly wooded and gorgeous views. Hiked up Silver Lake trail to Bald Mountain and then back down via Ontario trail. Took a solid 2 hrs. Personally I feel this could be a moderate hike due to the elevation gain. Would definitely do this one again.

One of my favorite hikes near Park City. In between easy and moderate with beautiful views on the way up and at the top. Also like having lunch at Royal Street Cafe after the hike.

Great hike, beautiful. It was just SO hot when we went.

I can't believe more people have not reviewed this Trail it was absolutely stunning! There's no way that it is easy, I would rate it at least moderate as it's uphill in some areas. I hiked up this Trail and then took the Ontario Trail on the way down. It was an incredible hike. Highly recommended.

A great hike which was challenging with magnificent views. Some of the best views I’ve ever seen. It’s well marked and a must do if you are in the area.

Great views once you get to the top. It’s really hard to find the trail though, so we ended up hiking around 6.5 miles.

recorded bald