Bald Mountain Trail

Bald Mountain Trail is a 2.6 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Kamas, Utah that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 2.6 miles Elevation Gain: 1,145 feet Route Type: Out & Back

skiing

This nearly 12,000 peak of the most popular hikes in the Uinta Mountains of Utah At nearly 12,000 feet but under a mile and half to the summit this mountain is a great start for beginners. The trail is easy to follow and the views towards the many surrounding alpine lakes is spectacular. Bring a camera.

This difficult hike is now one of my favorites. My dad and I went when the high was about 55 up there. We came prepared and enjoyed the amazing views and challenge of this hike. It is rocky, but if you’re an active person this is doable (trek poles are highly recommended). It took us 1 hour 20 minutes to get to the top, which was at a steady slow pace. The temperature in a few areas are blistering cold windy, and with the high altitude it will make your hike slower than you’re used to. There is a bathroom in the parking lot and a box to leave a fee $6. Things to bring: Layered clothing ear/head, gloves for cover from wind Sunglasses or glasses Snacks and water Sturdy shoes Trek poles

Very rocky, boulders. Gorgeous view and VERY windy.

As a beginner, I’d consider this incline steady and moderately steep. I’ve never been on a trail with as many big rocks. Much of the trail was all rocks so trekking poles were a must for me. Most of the trail is exposed but it was cloudy, cool, and super windy so the sun was helpful. The wind literally took my breath away and I had to keep my face covered . Beautiful views and worth the hike.

We did it early in the morning and was so nice and quiet. No crowds on our way up but we found lot of people going up on our way down. Preety steep but really worth it to get an amazing view of the Uintas.

Great trail but not recommended to people with fear of heights. The view of the Uintas is just breathtaking but some places can be challenging for people afraid of cliffs . Unleashed dogs can be a bit annoying specially in narrow areas. Use sunscreen.

Amazing as usual, conditions are great

Beautiful views up top. Hurry and go before snow starts this fall:)

Short and sweet trail with breathtaking views that are 110% worth the climb! Would highly recommend!

Great hike near mirror lake. Is a fast incline with many false summits. View is worth it.

This is a fairly rocky trail and is exposed for the full length (bring/use sunscreen). I recommend good hiking boots, though I saw many people wearing Teva-type sandals. The wind can get brisk and cool, so plan accordingly. You'll likely need to stop now and then to catch your breath as it is high elevation (11-12K feet asl). The views all the way up and down are quite stunning and worth the effort.

Awesome hike went early before it got too hot. And it was definitely worth it!! The view from the top was priceless my 7 year old loved it!

Great training/see where you are-type of trail. In my humble opinion the hardest part of the trail is the first 1/4 mile... pretty steep, but after that the climb to the summit turns into a nice rhythmic dance of left-right. The views are amazing, can get windy and a bit chilly at times. The final climb to the summit is not for the faint of heart as you are exposed at nearly 12k above sea level, but the end is totally worth getting over the fear. Love Utah.

Super fun trail to hike. Very busy on Labor Day weekend. The very top is not ideal for small dogs, some big rock climbs. Very sunny, not overly hot but still wear sunscreen at this elevation. Clear path to follow. Looking forward to trying it again without the dog to try and make better time.

This trail is a decent challenge and a lot of fun! Push to the very top!! It’s worth it. The views are phenomenal. We saw a few chipmunks and 2 mountain goats at the top who hung out with us while we picnicked overlooking the panoramic view of the Uintas.

Wow what an amazing hike. Climb some sandstone footholds to the top of Bald Mountain for spectacular views of the surrounding area (lakes, mountains, valleys, and trees). The 1.4 mile hike up took about an hour for me and my father. We were a little slower than our usual pace because of the high altitude (10,700ft at the peak), so we took our time and drank lots of water. At 9am we were the first folks on the trail. First hike in Utah and it did not disappoint!

Took a quick hike up here this morning. Temperature was perfect, trail was crowded.

steep trail at first. Many false summits. great views.

A surprisingly quick hike to a great view. We didn't see any mountain goats, but they are often seen around here.