Bald Mountain Trail

Bald Mountain Trail is a 2.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Kamas, Utah that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

skiing

This nearly 12,000 peak of the most popular hikes in the Uinta Mountains of Utah At nearly 12,000 feet but under a mile and half to the summit this mountain is a great start for beginners. The trail is easy to follow and the views towards the many surrounding alpine lakes is spectacular. Bring a camera.

Love love this hike - had to stop a couple times on the way up, but no regrets because the views are to die for. Agree with moderate difficulty, and take plenty of water because you are going to want to be up there for a while!

Great views, well worn trail, exciting cliffs to look off the edges, and very accessible trail head from the highway. My family with younger kids was able to hike this with only a few hundred yards of piggyback with the youngest. The following year all of them did it again on their own. We love this hike.

favorite hike so far!!!

Fun hike! Was fairly easy with a beautiful payoff at the end. So many lakes that can be seen!

A hard hike, quick elevation gain with many scrambles! But totally worth the challenge! Very rewarding and we saw goats!!

Great trail with amazing views. For the time and distance, the top is very worth it!

I did this about 3 years ago and there was some snow on the alpine section. This time, of course, no snow, so I was able to see more of what the landscape looks like. I had hoped to escape the smoke, but even the high Uintahs had smoke. A great, short, easy hike with some precarious-looking edges for those of us who are afraid of heights. Too many stupid-looking cairns at the top.

This was my first hike to the summit of a mountain and I agree it is good for a beginner! I would not consider it hard or difficult. Definitely moderate. I only had to pause briefly closer to the top because of the oxygen level I suppose. Some parts were a little steep but much of it was very easy to walk. Hiking sticks are a huge help. Beautiful views at the top!

Great hike with the most stunning views we’ve seen yet. We took our 4, 8, and 10 yr old kids and they did great. Our little guy walked the whole way - loved climbing the rocks. The heights were a little scary toward the top, but well worth the views. Our gps said it was a little over 2 miles to the top and the round trip took us about 3 hours, but we were taking our time with the kids. Highly recommend.

Personally much harder and steeper than I expected for a trail that AllTrails rates as “moderate”. That said, the views from the summit were amazing! Hiking sticks are highly recommended, especially for the way down.

Good hike great views.

One of the best hikes in Uinta mounatins! It could be a bit steep but manageable. To anyone who says it’s a really difficult hike, then maybe you should reconsider since a 3yo and 55yo was able to make it or you’ll miss the amazing views up there.

Everyone says this is 1.3 to the top but the whole trip was logged in my gps as 5.2 and it definitely took WAY longer than we thought it would to actually summit. We also went slow since we had 2 dogs with us, one of which was smaller, but either we did something wrong or this isn't accurate. Or maybe they only count it as making it to the first piece before the rock scrambling starts. To actually summit, i believe this to be much longer, so just wanted to post this in case it helps others. We never would have brought our little dog if we had known how long it was. But all that being said, the views are beautiful from the top.

Short but steep hike to the top of bald mtn. The views from the top are incredible as you can see 20+ lakes.

Fun, steep trail with spectacular views and rocks! I think we counted 26 lakes/ponds that were visible from the top.

The whole thing is rocky with boulders talus and gravel. Took the dog, her paws did fine but this wasn’t her first hike this month. I put her on the leash most of the way because I was fearful of the cliff edges and her accidentally wondering/falling off. Took us 2 hours with multiple breather breaks and a 20 minute stop up top. Totally would do this hike again, and I rarely say that since there are so many hikes and so little time.

One of the most beautiful views I have ever seen. Make it to the top, you won't regret it!

hard 1.4 miles one way but so worth it. Views are priceless.

Good quick artery cleanser with amazing views ! I’ve hiked it multiple times and love it every time ! ☮️❤️⛰

Steep hike with amazing view

excellent

The views up here were tremendous! Nice, short length for taking kids with you. I hiked it with my 6 year-old and she easily kept pace the entire way and didn't request any extra breaks. Must-do, beautiful views!

Love loved this trail...butt kicking climb straight up and amazing views off all sides at the top! Can’t wait to go back ❤️

The trail was in great condition, and there were more than 10 species of wildflowers in bloom. The view along the majority of the trail was pretty nice, although there are a lot of dead trees mixed in with the live ones, which I thought detracted a little bit. You can see some pretty lakes below as well.

Amazing hike today. Winds had to be 35 mph +, but virtually zero wind at the top. 360 degree incredible views.

Amazing views when you reach the top. mountain goats were also there. it's steep and up hill all the way. like walking up over 95 flights of stairs. sunny and windy. no snow was there and all the trail is visible. it's hard to take in all the views. Worth every step.

I do this once every year. It's surprisingly short, considering the ruggedness of the terrain and the spectacular views at the top. This early in the year there are usually some patches of snow that impact the trail in inconveniently treacherous places, but not this year. Note of caution - this will be a hard hike for anyone not acclimated to the altitude, as you are starting at 10,000 ft.

Beautiful 360 degree views of the high Uinta mountains. Only thing is I couldn’t find the USGS badge marker at the summit? Has anyone else found it?

Hiked this in late June and encountered no snow. Fantastic first peak to bag for the inexperienced hiker. The only difficulty on this trail came from the narrow switchbacks on the eastern side, and some scrambling that needed to be done close to the summit. Bring sunscreen.

Fun hike, didn’t get very far with my six year old in tow, but we had fun and enjoyed the great views. The trail is exposed to the sun.