Learn more

Baer Creek Trail is a 1.7 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Kaysville, Utah that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is best used from April until September.

Distance: 1.7 miles Elevation Gain: 479 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Steepest easy trail I've probably ever done. Absolutely beautiful.

Good little hike close to Kaysville. There is a parking lot if you go up what looks like a drive way on the right of the dead end road.

Awesome hike that reminds me of my childhood growing up here in fruit Heights.

Great easy trail. We found some sunglasses on the trail. Let me know what they look like and we'll get them back to you somehow.

Pretty, but trail gets hard to follow at some points.

Went 2 miles up & turned back, so total 4 miles. The trail actually connects with the Farmington Canyon road up to Francis Peak, but we didn't get that far. The trail has lots of little water falls along the way and you'll cross the creek a few times. About 1.75 miles up the trail starts to get crazy steep though. Definitely goes from a moderate to a hard trail. If we had more time & energy we'd probably have gone further. We passed a hiker that made it 3 miles up & turned back as well. Really nice trail though. Would love to go back & finish it all the way to the road someday.

Fun, shaded trail! Has lots of areas to explorer! I'll be back. My 4 year old had a good time as well!

Beautiful canyon.

Really pretty hike. We were advised that there was a baby rattlesnake by the bridge so we didn’t venture too far past there. Walking along the creek can be scary if you have little ones walking with you. I suggest just stopping once you reach the creek.

The trail itself is lovely, but my poor dog was bit by a rattlesnake at the first creek crossing. Please be careful.

Haven’t had an amazing hike awhile! I highly recommend this one. It is pretty shady trail 3 mi. I only hike the portion of it (6.5 in and out) because of the weather. It was definitely challenging and I will try to do it next time!

This was my first time In this trail. It was steep at first but just enough to get your heart rate up. Beautiful trail and can’t wait to do it again. I took my kids (10 and 7) and they did great!

Awesome little hike, perfect for any skill level. Decently steep in the beginning then levels out somewhat. Slight incline the rest of the way. Trial keeps going at the top of the trail that this app shows. Lots of people over Memorial Day weekend, but worth it!

Great trail for kids. Fun bridge. Round trip was 90 minutes.

Beautiful trail! It’s a good incline the whole way, but my 4 and 2 year old did just fine. A couple places there was a steep drop down and we had to hold their hands. Tons of side trails you could explore. Almost all shaded after the initial hike up the road. The directions take you to the end of a road where we started, but there is a steep road to the right that looks like a private drive that actually takes you up to a parking area. Can get to the trail either way. We’ll be doing it again!

recorded Baer Creek Trail

Fun Hike for the family. No clear end point, and quite a few trails leading off.

We definitely went off trail and came back on the other side of Baer Creek the entire way back. The trail isn't marked very clear once you get to the bridge and there were lots of drop offs. Off trail was rocky as can be and I went with four children from 4 to 9 years old, but it was definitely worth it.

Beautiful shaded hike. Incline all the way up, but 5 year old did great. Turned around at 3rd water crossing.

Loved the hike. Not sure at what point the “1.7 mile up-and-back” is measured. The trail goes all the way to the towers if you keep walking. My step counter showed over 5 miles up just past the 3rd crossing and back to the trailhead. The creek splits so the 3rd crossing was just a jump, no wet feet!

had a great time on this hike with my family! not a lot of clear markers as to where the trail ends. would love to see this trail in the fall!

icy

Had so much fun on this trial!!! I hiked up a pretty sketchy part of the mountain side and found a Toyota key on Friday night and I’d be stoked to find the owner of it! FB: Desiree White Eyes SC: FeatherNotDot

icy

Great trail - easy enough for kids. A little icy or muddy in some spots but not too bad. Would love to come back and do again in the fall.